Making initial rapport

Brazilian_Blues_Boy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, after a season of rapport building, and NLP studying, I'd like to share some of the things that have worked the best with me.

But, two warnings before we start:

Warning # 01: No NLP technical language will be used here. I know this isn't a place for that, so, if something seems strange to you, PM me, or learn some NLP

Warning # 02: I'm not aware of the consequences of this tips on girls under 7.0. So, if you're willing to try these with uglier gals, DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK !!! :mad:
This has been tested and proved to work on the scale of 7s to 9s.

So, here we go:

Tip # 01: The approach

A-) Nothing works better than: Hi, what's your name?

It's so simple yet so efficient. If you say it in a honest, innocent tonality, there's no b!tch shield that can object that.

B-) Random comments

It's also very money. Say something about the weather, the sky, the place you're at, or anything that 90% of the people can identify. Pick something that you'd probably respond to, if someone said to you in a bank line, or in a bus.

C-) Pick on her

If the chick is seems outgoing and fun, do a slight picking on her.
A soft neghit is perfect. Deliver it playfully, with a smile going on.
Be careful, but don't worry if you go a little too hard. It's better to over-jerk than to over-nice.

D-) About the B!tch Shield

You're more likely to face it when in pick-up enviroments, like clubs or bars, or when the chick is with a lot of friends near her.

In a pick-up enviroment, a cool, very easy,relaxed and suave approach, mixed with your natural confident attitude, some light kino and some neghits when appropriated, there's no better formula.

If the chick doesn't talk to you or diss you even after that, get away as easy,cool,relaxed and suave as you came before. Or even more. Some girls just can't see when God sends them a gift... poor ladies :rolleyes:

If she's with a lot of friends, I'd recomend first build some kind of rapport with the group, socialize, introduce yourself, make her friends laugh a little, the ISOLATE HER !!

It's very important to ISOLATE HER !!
If you think you can pull it off with spending your precious time entertaining their c*ckblocking friends, then JUST DO IT !

E-) The Drive

Once again, JUST DO IT.
Don't wait too much to approach, to begin to talk, to sit beside her or whatever. Force yourself in the situations you want to be as fast as possible, even if you're too cool. Sometimes, being cool is just an excuse for us to stay in our comfort zone, and we aren't aware of it consciously. So GO THERE TIGER !!

Tip # 02: The Fluff talk

A-) If you haven't striked the conversation with a comment, then comment now something about your surroundings, the weather or the news just to break the ice.

B-) The basics

1 - Name :D
2 - Age
3 - Where she studies/works/lives
4 - What she did last weekend/holiday/vacation
5 - Does she have sisters/brothers/dogs/pets

These are the basics. From there you can go on to more personal things. Remember, do not try to get too personal on the first conversations, unless you KNOW how to pull it off.
If you don't, you'll come out as a stalker, and it is almost as bad as coming of as a nice guy.

C-) Mirror her ongoing reality

This is the KEY. This has brought me failure so many times, and success many more times.
If she says her opinion about something, it is very important that you AGREE with her, even if you don't actually agree with what she says.
Agreeing, she feels more connected to you, and if you really want to change her opinion you can try doing it slowly. Most of the times it isn't worth it, because it's probably something stupid and you can live your life very well without having to convince her...

And it makes more easy for you to reach:

D-) Lightly Neg-Her

Yep, once you've agreed with some the things she said, it's time to neg her, to show that you're a man, and it's natural for you to pick on girls, cause they're no better than you.
Deliver it properly, with a smile, and a ****y 'n funny attitude, andd she'll get the message. She'll laugh, start kino and think you're a great guy.

E-) Start light kino.

Kino her lightly. Touch her when you want her attention, put your hand over her arms, her shoulders. Go lightly, but always go !!
Don't try too heavy kino unless she starts it, you may sound desperate.

F-) Being funny makes the difference

Being funny, telling jokes, or funny stories makes all the difference. If you get them to laugh, you'll be halfway done, and it will cover some of the mistakes you might have made.
Be funny but be natural, don't try to force them into laughing, tell them lame jokes or whatever that sounds unnatural.
Naturally funny = Naturally irresistible

Tip #03: When things go bad

A-) Try something different

Try changing your approach, the subject, your jokes, your language (clean it up/use more expressions) just change !!
" Persistence without flexibilty is a prescription for disaster "

B-) Eject and come back later

If you feel that things aren't going good, eject, get the funk out and come back later. Trust you guts on this one. Sticking around when she's bad/sad/not willing to talk will only associate you to these feelings !!

C-) Don't worry

Women are unpredictable sometimes. Don't worry too much, or you'll only feel bad.
Don't give a d@mn about them !

Tip #04: General Guidelines

From the very initial moment, until the last, use/keep these strongly and honestly:

A-) Eye Contact
B-) Smile
C-) ****y 'n Funny attitude + I don't want anything, I'm just having fun attitude
D-) Flexibility
E-) Willingness to walk away
F-) Confidence, Charisma and Self Respect

Well, I think you're all set now. These tips and small things have proved 95% effective when dealing with funny, outgoing babes (the ones I consider worth meeting).

Feel totally free to test them, break them, adapt them or add a touch of creativity to them !!
Always remember, be persistent, but be flexible !!

In a beautiful way :)

BBB

Last edited:

DR.EGGMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Bible Material.Thats exactly what an afc guy would be looking for when they have no idea on how to have a good convo and end it properly.

superman0

Don Juan
Reaction score
Great post. Definately bible worthy.
This is what I wanted when I first came to this board, like almost 2 years ago (I have had dif nicknames.)
This will help the new members here with becoming a dj.
Thanks for the post.
Iam sure it will help my next approach.

NotoriousBIP

Don Juan
Reaction score
Kino = physical interaction/touching.
neg = make sorta negative comments to her, but dont say it in a mean or nasty way. Correct me if im wrong, im a newby too.

donshawv

Don Juan
Reaction score
NLP is BS

http://www.sueknight.co.uk/Publications/Articles/NLP_Plausible.htm

I agree with everything you said there, except mirroring. NLP is not scientific, and if it works, it's for other reasons than you think. If it works, it's a byproduct. I believed it at first, but then I started reading frogs to princes, and the stuff just seemed wrong, so I went online, and found absolutely NO real evidence that it exists, and plenty of sites that refuted it's existence.

Mirroring is stupid. No one wants to go out with themselves. State your mind and bust their balls, agree when you agree, and if you don't agree, let them know. Just be like "nope" and don't necesarily try to prove them right. THey will try to prove you wrong, and it will get them pissed at themselves about getting upset about it, but also make them more intrigued by you at the same time.

A key point is that you always must maintain your composure

So... drop NLP and find something else... either this site or david deangelo works for me. or just go out and figure ot stuff for yourself, that always works best for me

Brazilian_Blues_Boy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess you did not read WARNING # 01 !!

Just because it didn't work for you, it doesn't mean that it doesn't work for anyobody... And how hard you tried ??

Somethings are done by expert communicators without being aware of it, and these are explained by NLP.

And I guess that you were to worried about dissing the NLP stuff in the post that you forgot to read Tip #04 !!

BBB

oreo_renegade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Brazilian_Blues_Boy
B-) Eject and come back later

If you feel that things aren't going good, eject, get the funk out and come back later. Trust you guts on this one. Sticking around when she's bad/sad/not willing to talk will only associate you to these feelings !!

exactly!

One time my dumbass friend messed up an approach (on a group of girls i might add).

Their ***** shields went up immediatly, and what did I do?

Got the hell outa there as fast as I could!

seriously it might have been about 5seconds of total interaction time they had with me.

and then i was gone as soon as it went south.

that tip is SO true, if things go badly, quit! immediatly, leave while your ahead.

great post! :)

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
After searching for rapport I found this gem at the bottom, really good, covers a wide range of topics, read this over and over until it sinks in...