Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

MAKE SURE TO OPEN DOORS FOR WOMEN

TorturedSoul

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Make sure to open doors for Women
theres many reasons why this is such a good tactic to use such as:

#1 its a very VERY very good way to start a conversatition

#2 80% of the time when I open a door for a lady I get a "thank you" and your already doing good by geting a thankyou and now you have a Good reason to start a conversatition, the ice is broken.

#3 even if its some ulgy old lady your opening the door for other girls around you will see this and will notice you

#4 say your picking up your date at her parents house make sure you open her car door, once her parents see your such a gentleman and their daughter is in such good hands they will like you. (we all know how parents are so uptight with their daughters)

------------------
"I never lie to any man because I don't fear anyone. The only time you lie is when you are afraid."

The pain of Regret is far worse then the pain of Rejection.

Pimp For A Living

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And while you are at it, tie her shoelaces and carry her purse around for her all night.

In fact, when you take her to a restaurant, be sure and stay in the car while she eats so that it will be nice and warm when she returns from her meal!

------------------
Pimp For A Living
"Pimpin' them hoes since God only knows..."

[This message has been edited by Pimp For A Living (edited 10-21-2002).]

TorturedSoul

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Pimp For A Living:
And while you are at it, tie her shoelaces and carry her purse around for her all night.

In fact, when you take her to a restaurant, be sure and stay in the car while she eats so that it will be nice and warm when she returns from her meal!

this isint AFC its AFC if your 10 miles away and you see a woman comeing and you stand there for an hour to open a door for her

its polite for one thing well it works for me.

I useually do this when im walking in or out of a gasstation places where hot chicks are going in and out all the time

Pimp For A Living

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I thought that is what you meant, but I wasn't completely sure.

As I stated in a previous post, I will only hold doors for elderly people, small children, or disabled people.

If a pretty woman happens to be walking pretty much right behind me, I will sort of hold it open for her so that it doesn't just rudely smack her in the face, but beyond that unless she is frail or something it's not likely.

------------------
Pimp For A Living
"Pimpin' them hoes since God only knows..."

Powertrip

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm with pimp on this one (of course). Don't go out of your way, in fact, it might work to your advantage to let the door close in her face. They don't remember the nice guys who hold it open for them.. it's their job, isnt it?

On a side note, I'll always open my car door for them on the first "date" (I use that term loosely, btw) because it automatically lets them know that you're a gentleman. After that, you can do whatever you want and it'll be taken the same way.

Pedro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That is worse than AFC. The supposed rule is: because you are a man, you must open the door for women, just because they are women.

Bullsh!t !!!!!

I refuse to do it. One totally different thing anyway is when people will pass through a door, and the one that goes first open the door for the other(s).

xyzzy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
oooooohhhh, I opened the door for you, can we have sex now?

its a chump move, IMO

on another note, I see so many AFCs who are standing closest to the door on an elevator, but when the doors open, STAND TO THE SIDE bumping into people just to let women off the elevator first.

[This message has been edited by xyzzy (edited 10-23-2002).]

wannabdj

Don Juan
Reaction score
You guys got it all wrong. You should hold it open, just DON'T go out of your way to do it. If she's right behind you, then yeah, hold it for her. Girls like a guy who doesn't let people push him around. On the other hand they hate rudeness and disrespect. When you just let the door slam in her face she won't think you're cool or anything. They'll think you're a d1ckhead who treats people liks sh1t. Hold it as long as it's convenient for you.

TorturedSoul

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
some of you act like someone never opened a door for you in your life, today I had a guy open a door for me when I was going ot of the mall and he was ahead of me by about 4 foot steps and he held it open for me it would be rude if he made it slam in my face and I would have said something to him if he slamed a door into my face, and many other times doors been open for me by women and men.

its polite I dont really think being a gentlenman is being an AFC

and me and the man who opened the door for me at the mall was going to the same bus and we talked till I got off at my stop,

its like an ice braker

the time this is to be used is when you walking in or out and someone is behind you like right behind you.

but dont expect to have time to talk to someone ever time it all depends on where you use this at.

and the opening the car door for your girlfriend is more of a 1st date thing.

[This message has been edited by TorturedSoul (edited 10-24-2002).]

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is one piece of advice I should take. I always tend to slip through doors while they're closing, and it ends up slamming into the face of the next person. I thought about it in detention (for letting the door slam into my principle's face), and figured I should be at least courteous.

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with you. In a certain context.

See, in America, I think that manners bascially go straight down the toilet. We are a very casual, DYI, no-nonsense society. Esp New Yorkers.

In Europe, I think that the chivalry stuff is still very much alive, especially in the Latin countries. The Germanic and Nordic societies are sometimes even more avant-garde than America, so the opening-doors-for-women shiet might not fly there, but in Italy, Spain and France, this stuff might get you some positive reviews from women. I've done it in Italy, and the women just glowed. It was a pleasure for me to see them smile. I wanted nothing from them, they smiled, and I felt good. That was it. That's the beauty of such interactions - it's simplicity.

But here in America, you should just keep such notions to yourself. I agree that America is sort of a mess as far as behaviors based on traditional gender roles is concerned. Everyone's confused.

And in Asia, well, you'd probably get stared at with a blank expression or looked upon with suspicion if you did that to a pretty woman. It is actually EXPECTED of you to open a door for an elderly man or woman or to children or to mothers with kids, but otherwise, don't bother. I've never had a chance to test this inthe Middle East or Africa, although I have been to those regions too.

All this, based on my extensive travels.

-Jake

Originally posted by Pedro:
That is worse than AFC. The supposed rule is: because you are a man, you must open the door for women, just because they are women.

Bullsh!t !!!!!

I refuse to do it. One totally different thing anyway is when people will pass through a door, and the one that goes first open the door for the other(s).

BigManB69

Banned
Reaction score
Guys, let me teach you something.

First off, let me tell you something: I do what I consider correct. If someone is right behind me, I ALWAYS hold the door open a LITTLE for them, to make it easier for them. And it does not matter if the person behind me is a gay man, an 80 year old women, a 350 lb chubby, or Carmen Electra.

Now I am not sure what you all mean by holding the door open, but simply do whats RIGHT. Do not act like a slobering idiot who is obviously trying to kiss up to some blonde by holding the door open.

I only hold the door open for special cases, such as if I am out on a date with the girl or soemthing; howeveer, in these cases, I still always hold a noble position, back straight, standing tall, straight face with a slight smile.

And also, DO NOT just let the door slam in their face IN ANY CASE. That's very immature. You do not need to be immature and stupid to get a girl, just not a slobering AFC.

RDtoo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
So few people have manners these days that I have noticed that a woman is impressed by a man that actually does this. Holding the door open is probably not going to get you laid, but neither is letting a door slam in someones face.