Make people take a test before they can post!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capitol39

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
How about this:

Require people to take a multiple choice test that they must pass before they can begin posting here. Make it so that they'll really have to study the DJ Bible very well.

The test can be written in Pearl of Java or whatever.

This is how I envision it. They will sign up, but they'll only be able to view posts--not actually write posts. During this time, they should also be studying the DJ Bible. After this time has passed, say a month for example, they will be allowed to take the test. If they fail, they'll have to wait another month to take it. Or something similar to this system would be great.

I'm really sick of all the fluff that's been on here lately, and I'm sick of all the new guys talking like they know everything. They have no respect for their elders!! :mad:

Mack Of All Trades

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree BUT.....

This idea raises so many questions.

Is it really fair for us to restrict the new guys from using if they dont pass? Who gave ANYONE (except the creators of the forum) the right to stop someone from posting? Although it IS annoying when people make useless posts and act like they know everything, we cant deny people from posting questions or anything if they didnt read the bible.

This would be like stopping all the 18 year olds from voting in the next election, just cause they may not have voted before or properly researched the candidates.

And who would make this test? Even though this idea has some validity, I dont think it will ever solidify.

Capitol39

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mack Of All Trades
I agree BUT.....

This idea raises so many questions.

Is it really fair for us to restrict the new guys from using if they dont pass? Who gave ANYONE (except the creators of the forum) the right to stop someone from posting?

And who would make this test? Even though this idea has some validity, I dont think it will ever solidify.
I don't see why it wouldn't be fair. True, you and I don't have the right to prevent people from posting, but like you said, the CREATORS do have that right. The test would be a part of this website and sign-up process.

Your voting analogy is one way to look at it. But consider this: You could think of it as being like taking a driver's test at the DMV. It would be a priviledge to post and discuss topics on this board. This would also help protect against people who don't really care about being a true DJ. Also, casual users will still be able to view posts--they just won't be able to write posts.

The wise Master DJs are beginning to leave this site as more and more newbies arrive. Pretty soon it's going to be the blind leading the blind.

And I think writing the test and implimenting it wouldn't be all that difficult. It's easy to write those online tests.

I think it's a no-brainer.

Demon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Like a lot of these new ideas (especially the age icon idea), I think it's a waste of time. It's up to the reader to discern between smart advice and other advice.

Oh, that voter analogy was silly, Mack! It would be great if potential voters had to pass a test to gain the privilege to vote that year. Voters should research the candidates before they vote for them.

Capitol39 the "wise master DJs" are still around. They mainly waste time in the Anything Else forum like or with me. :) Only when there's a question in the DJ forums that has not been answered in the DJ Bible or the Book of Shuma Gora will we post, otherwise, we'd just be reinventing the wheel. Speaking of reinventing the wheel, I've seen a lot of posts where people are merely rewriting information in the DJ Bible and claiming that knowledge as their discovery. Sad, really...

Capitol39

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I suupose my idea is a little too progressive. I'll just need to get use to filtering out all the newbie crap 'advice'.

Reaction score
Offensive?

And in the process offend any newbies that might read your post.

How arrogant!

Aristotle the hun

Capitol39

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Offensive?

Originally posted by Aristotle the hun
And in the process offend any newbies that might read your post.

How arrogant!

Aristotle the hun
Get over it.

I'll offend whomever the f*ck I want.

Capitol39

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh. I'll try to be more sensitive to people's feelings. My apologies. :)

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Capitol39
The wise Master DJs are beginning to leave this site as more and more newbies arrive. Pretty soon it's going to be the blind leading the blind.
Hogwash! When I originally found this site way back in summer of 2001, catching the trailing end of the "good ole' days", the same thing was happening. The same thing is always happening. Guaranteed six months from now, the "masters" who aren't "masters" now will be leaving.

The Edge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Capitol39
I'm really sick of all the fluff that's been on here lately, and I'm sick of all the new guys talking like they know everything. They have no respect for their elders!! :mad:
Boo Hooooo!!!!!:(

The Edge 'Some have it, and some don't'

Demon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Deep Dish
Hogwash! When I originally found this site way back in summer of 2001, catching the trailing end of the "good ole' days", the same thing was happening. The same thing is always happening. Guaranteed six months from now, the "masters" who aren't "masters" now will be leaving.
Yea, OK, Mr. Potter. Whatever you say.

Capitol39

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by The Edge
Boo Hooooo!!!!!:(

The Edge 'Some have it, and some don't'
You're a good example of what I'm talking about.

You've only been here since October and you've made nearly 250 posts. Get off your computer and actually start doing some DJing.

Demon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't worry about The Edge. He's just some newbie who posts meaningless crap all around these forums. He's as close as you can get to being a troll.

The Edge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Whatttttt????

Originally posted by Capitol39
You're a good example of what I'm talking about.

You've only been here since October and you've made nearly 250 posts. Get off your computer and actually start doing some DJing.
To even validate your comment with much more than a sigh...:eek: would be giving your comment too much credibility..So here goes...Sigh!!!!... Welcome to credibility...

However, I would like you to know that regardless of all the criticisms and flames you throw at me for being a newbie ..... I'm still going to be cordial..

Hi Capitol39 ...meet The Edge....He could give a fukk about what you think about him...So hop back to Capitol land on the horse you rode in on...

Know this though....I don't know what you do nor do I care... and on the same note I could care less what you think I do with my tyme..

Tell that to your band of older and wiser Don Juans:rolleyes:

The Edge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Demon
Don't worry about The Edge. He's just some newbie who posts meaningless crap all around these forums. He's as close as you can get to being a troll.
From you, I take that as a compliment!!!:D

The Edge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think he's just demonstrated my point very nicely. Well done!
Hey Demon,

I know you're on a mission to try to recruit some new Demon-followers after you were flamed :D by the entire board on De La Soul's thread.

The funny thing is, that thread was set up to flame De La Soul and give reasons why we wanted him banned. However it turned into a why Demon should fukkyn wake up and realize this is only a forum... One that you along with the rest of us 'newbies' registered to post on.

You may be able to subdue and impress Capitol39 with the fact that you 'PM-ed Allen yesterday', or that you know all there is to know about politics...but the fact is who really cares:rolleyes:

You wanna know what else is funny; The fact that you and your new recruit(s) can sit on this forum for over a year, and blabber about us not being on this site for long:rolleyes:

Hey gut check Demon.....If this site hasn't helped you out after a year of posting, and you're still here hinding in the Anything Else/Tips/Suggestion forum,....who has major issues to deal with?

Dude stop wasting your time, I'm gonna post till I feel like it....Oh did I mention that you don't own this site, and that I could give two shytts about what you think of me!! :D

Are we clear old man!! ......

Mack Of All Trades

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Like a lot of these new ideas (especially the age icon idea), I think it's a waste of time. It's up to the reader to discern between smart advice and other advice.

Oh, that voter analogy was silly, Mack! It would be great if potential voters had to pass a test to gain the privilege to vote that year. Voters should research the candidates before they vote for them.

Capitol39 the "wise master DJs" are still around. They mainly waste time in the Anything Else forum like or with me. :) Only when there's a question in the DJ forums that has not been answered in the DJ Bible or the Book of Shuma Gora will we post, otherwise, we'd just be reinventing the wheel. Speaking of reinventing the wheel, I've seen a lot of posts where people are merely rewriting information in the DJ Bible and claiming that knowledge as their discovery. Sad, really...

Who died and made you god?:confused:

My analogy was good. It parallels capital's argument.

I personally think ideas like the age icon arent bad ideas but what pisses me off is your idea of "im better than everyone else" mentality. You need to shut up, and let people have their opinions. Not everyone has to agree with you and your ideas.

Capitol39

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh, I didn't realize The Edge was one of those "problem posters". And why is everyone so damn sensitive all of a sudden? I'm finished with this little argument. Have a nice day. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.