"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

Make light of the problem

spidersense

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 1, 2005
Messages
156
Reaction score
0
Age
45
This is something that I realized today, something I was doing that I was never really consciously aware of until today. I make fun of my problems that I can't fix. For me this is mainly the fact that I drive a scooter, for others this can be a physical deformity. I've read this in books, heard it from other people, but I never really associated it with myself until today when I realized that I did it today.
I drive a scooter, this isn't really by choice, I did some really stupid stuff not to long ago and now I don't have a license. I used to let this get me down, people would pick on me for that and it would hurt my confidence, I would think, "women don't like guys that have scooters." Recently though, I told a woman that I drove a scooter and she said "Oh, I bet you get all the ladies" and I said "yeah, but it's not the scooter." This got a laugh, then a long smile afterwards.
Here is what I realized today, make fun of your problems. When someone ask how fast my scooter goes, which happens about 40% of the time that I stop to get gas, I say "45 mph, on flat land, and when the wind isn't blowing." That statement with the way that I say it, tonality and the right pauses and all, makes people laugh or smile. I realized today that I made something good of something bad, something people find unattractive. I made a person laugh because of the fact I drive a scooter. I may even continue with "yeah, I get all the women... but it's not the scooter." There are many many other ways I make fun of people driving scooters and mopeds around. This makes people think "This guy doesn't care, he doesn't let this fact get him down."

Has anyone ever heard of the Lobster man? O or the crab man, Lobster family, whatever it's called. There is a genetic disorder that causes a child to be born with very deformed arms and legs, and makes there hands and feet look like lobster claws. These people are usually found in traveling freak shows and circuses. I read an interview with one of these guys, his family has had one pop out since his great grandfather(not all children of these people will have this disability, after this post I will look for a link about this). Well, this is one of the best guys you will ever meet. He can walk up to, or wobble or crawl or whatever they do, and talk to a group of people, he has total self confidence. He will literally make that group of people laugh for hours mainly by making fun of his deformity.

Here are two note that you need to ask yourself
ONE) Can I change my deformity
TWO) Would I get better results from my deformity or from changing myself

Personally, I would get better results from driving a car, but I can't do that. The lobster man was asked in the article I read about if he would change the way he looked if he could, and he said something like... No, I have wondered my whole life what it would be like to look like a normal person, but then I realize that I wouldn't be myself, which is great, if I were a normal person.


A knee down amputee might say "yeah, this is really my penis, I had my leg amputated and learned to walk with my penis so that my pants wouldn't have a bulge in them all the time." Someone with a really really ugly face(this may sound mean but those with this problem, if making fun of it, can make themselves look very confident) could say "yeah, my but was located in the wrong place at birth"

So here is what I want:
Post about how you make light of your problems or deformities so that, possibly, others on this site with the same probem can use. And something I come up with all the time while I drive my scooter around, make fun of that, give me more funny things to say.
 
Last edited:

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

skinnydart

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 25, 2004
Messages
511
Reaction score
0
Location
Texas
Major props to you dude, and that scooter things is way too funny. Great job with the comebacks.

My problems I try to make fun of are unchangable just because of the fact that they're in the past...

Like the first date with this girl (with a 98 Escort) the lane I was in all of the sudden kinda ended, so I found myself driving on the grass in the medium going about 30mph. Instead of appologizing and getting really embarressed (which I was), I just casually threw in there "yeah, just testing the off-road capabilities of my new escort there."

And my age always seems to come up in dates, since I'm a junior at a university, I'm going out with girls 20 and 21. Whenever they start to bring up the age difference in a negative way, I just say

Me: "hey, look, just think of some really old people, rolling around in wheelchairs, at a nursing home, wearing diapers..."
Her (wierd look): "uh, yeah?"
Me: "Just think, that'll be you 3 years before it will be me!" (Big grin).
 

spidersense

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 1, 2005
Messages
156
Reaction score
0
Age
45
*bump* I gotta bump this early because I feel that it's important for many guys
 
Top