"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Maintaining Interest in a Relationship

Pimp-sicle

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 27, 2003
Messages
2,457
Reaction score
101
Location
Pimpsylvania
Over the past several months I've been going through a "soap opera" drama of sorts. No need to really explain that, but I did realize something over the past several weeks. As good as I feel that I am at sparking a high interest in a girl, hooking up with her and getting her in the palm of my hand early on, I have NO IDEA how to be once it progresses into something more.

Let's face it, life's not fair and good looking people as we've mentioned here many times before have it easier than others. Well I feel like a lot of my success with seducing and hooking up has to do with the fact that I am a damn good looking guy...:D I know I sound arrogant as fuvk...LOL

So for those of you DJ's who are in a relationship or who have been dating for a few months, how do you keep up maintaing her interest level? Do you slowly "open up" and show her the REAL YOU? I'm a very confident person, but the fear of getting hurt is probably my largest insecurity just like many others here.

I guess I'm kinda having fears of my AFC past and confusing that with being REAL. An AFC buys gifts, compliments constantly and basically acts like a girl's doormat. While a REAL man doesn't really play games, he's just confident, upfront and doesn't tolerate bullshyt from anyone. I feel like I've lost out on a few good potential relationships over the past 2 years because I keep playing the game. For instance if a girl compliments me, I usually say something sarcastic back instead of thanking them. And like I said I've realized that all this is due to the fact that I don't want to get hurt.

Any tips would be good to hear.



PIMP
 

“The 22 Rules That Turned Me From Invisible to Irresistible With Women… Starting Tonight”

You can skip the expensive cars, the fancy clothes, and the endless gym selfies. Completely unnecessary.

I used to freeze the second a beautiful woman looked my way. Frustrated. Awkward. Watching other guys walk away with the girl while I stood there tongue-tied.

Then I discovered 22 simple rules that rewired my entire dating life. The anxiety vanished. Conversations flowed effortlessly. Women started chasing me for a change.

These rules trigger a woman's subconscious attraction switches. And you can start using them tonight.

Read more...

DJ_Dork

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 29, 2003
Messages
1,178
Reaction score
0
Age
48
uh, you're supposed to be the real you in the first place and keep things light/fun for the first 2-3 months. if she wants to know stuff about you then by all means answer (intelligently.)
 

Pimp-sicle

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 27, 2003
Messages
2,457
Reaction score
101
Location
Pimpsylvania
Originally posted by DJ_Dork
uh, you're supposed to be the real you in the first place and keep things light/fun for the first 2-3 months. if she wants to know stuff about you then by all means answer (intelligently.)
Well that might have came out wrong. I'm always the REAL me, its just that I fear opening up because I feel like I must always maintain that mystery and excitement about me. I think after reading JBRAIN'S threads I have a better idea of what's going on.




PIMP
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

ArmondTamzarian

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2004
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
Age
50
Location
Key West
I'm guessing you are trying to figure out how/wether to show your soft underbelly? Simple, don't. Dispite what women tell you about women wanting a man who is sensitive, they don't.

Think about how your grandfathers acted. Did they ever go around being all touchy feely? Of course not. Women want men to act like men. To help keep her interested, have a life outside of her. Go our on your own a few nights a week. Don't always be available to them.

I would also recommend never telling her any of your weaknesses. It can only serve to diminish her view of her. Remember she is your girl, not your therapist.
 

Kineti[C]harm

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 16, 2003
Messages
1,520
Reaction score
2
If this is actually a relationship and not just a FB or some **** like that you _HAVE TO_ open up without it you will not get her emotionally attached to you. This is especially try for emotionaly insecure women (Which most women are).

If you don't actually make it clear to them that you care etc and you don't actually answer serious questions at all (Like did you miss me and **** like that) she will get tired/burned out or even so insecure she won't take you serious at all.

It's not what women say they want, it's what women show you they _NEED_ which is infact some emotional envolvement after a while.
 

Austin Allegro

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 3, 2003
Messages
615
Reaction score
1
Age
54
Location
London, UK
I think you need to be careful with emotions in a relationship. Yes you have to reveal some emotional depth for women to be interested in you, but you mustn't go to far and become emotionally dependent on her - this is when womens' ILs start to drop.

Let's face it, women have been doing the same thing to men, (only with sex rather than emotions) for years - 'don't give him too much too soon or he'll think you're easy and won't want you', etc.

There are plenty of good articles on this in the Bible - the main thing to remember is that women love romance/drama, and if they don't get it in a relationship their IL will plummet. It's the air they breathe, even Byron knew this in the 18th century ('Man's love is to man's life a thing apart/Tis womens' whole existence')
 

Pimp-sicle

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 27, 2003
Messages
2,457
Reaction score
101
Location
Pimpsylvania
Originally posted by Kineti[C]harm
If this is actually a relationship and not just a FB or some **** like that you _HAVE TO_ open up without it you will not get her emotionally attached to you. This is especially try for emotionaly insecure women (Which most women are).

If you don't actually make it clear to them that you care etc and you don't actually answer serious questions at all (Like did you miss me and **** like that) she will get tired/burned out or even so insecure she won't take you serious at all.

It's not what women say they want, it's what women show you they _NEED_ which is infact some emotional envolvement after a while.
I completely agree with you on this!! Most of the women I get involved with are real young (19-21) and therefore really insecure. I feel like I never really do act serious because I keep thinking about AFC mistakes we all made in our past.

I've slowly started to open up and its really had a very positive effect. Keep any tips coming.



PIMP
 

Kineti[C]harm

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 16, 2003
Messages
1,520
Reaction score
2
This is one of the things many people will have to overcome, especially AFCs or insecure people or actually anyone that does not understand the consepts.


The thing is that atleast AFCs and generally many people that know of "the game" (People here and on other simular sites) are AFRAID of becoming or doing AFC stuff because they imagine it will fvck up. The thing is that what people view as AFC stuff sometimes is the complete opposite.

Revealing emotions and your weakside is something everyone fears, especially males with our humongous but fragile egos. No don't go overboard but gently and over time reveal fragments and bits, give some, take some.
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Crank_It_Up

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 21, 2004
Messages
546
Reaction score
1
nothing wrong with being sensitive to a woman or weaker less powerful people. Being perceptive and sensitive is not a feminine thing imho. Opening up to a girl and showing her the real you is the only way to go. Don't worry about a girl rejecting you, it happens to everyone. Have you ever rejected a girl? Of course, it's just the way things are.

Now then, if you can't be yourself, then you have to pretend to be something you're not to hold her interest? Geez, I wouldn't have the energy... better to send her down the road and find a girl that likes the real you.

My theory is to live your life like she didn't exist. She is not your reason for happiness, you are. Your goals, hobbies, accomplishments, dreams, fears, and interests are what make your world go round. Your purpose in life is not to entertain her... so if she finds you interesting, cool, if not, somebody else will... no biggie. The same thing goes for her, her purpose is not to entertain you, if you find her interesting, cool, if not, keep looking.
 

R32

New Member
Joined
May 2, 2004
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Location
Vancouver
Originally posted by Crank_It_Up
nothing wrong with being sensitive to a woman or weaker less powerful people. Being perceptive and sensitive is not a feminine thing imho. Opening up to a girl and showing her the real you is the only way to go. Don't worry about a girl rejecting you, it happens to everyone. Have you ever rejected a girl? Of course, it's just the way things are.

Now then, if you can't be yourself, then you have to pretend to be something you're not to hold her interest? Geez, I wouldn't have the energy... better to send her down the road and find a girl that likes the real you.

My theory is to live your life like she didn't exist. She is not your reason for happiness, you are. Your goals, hobbies, accomplishments, dreams, fears, and interests are what make your world go round. Your purpose in life is not to entertain her... so if she finds you interesting, cool, if not, somebody else will... no biggie. The same thing goes for her, her purpose is not to entertain you, if you find her interesting, cool, if not, keep looking.
Very good post, however when you say you shouldn't pretend to be something your not is what gets me, by trying to be an alpha when your really not one, or trying to take on attributes of one, isn't that being or pretending something your not? Afterall from what I've noticed some ppl are naturally more outgoing agressive, while others are more cautious and passive. Wether its a result of nature or nurture is unknown to me. Im quite new this all this, the msg I'm getting is often 'be yourself, be natural and have fun' and 'Don't be yourself, learn to be an alpha'. Is there a fine balance in between somewhere?
 

Pimp-sicle

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 27, 2003
Messages
2,457
Reaction score
101
Location
Pimpsylvania
Originally posted by Crank_It_Up
nothing wrong with being sensitive to a woman or weaker less powerful people. Being perceptive and sensitive is not a feminine thing imho. Opening up to a girl and showing her the real you is the only way to go. Don't worry about a girl rejecting you, it happens to everyone. Have you ever rejected a girl? Of course, it's just the way things are.

Now then, if you can't be yourself, then you have to pretend to be something you're not to hold her interest? Geez, I wouldn't have the energy... better to send her down the road and find a girl that likes the real you.

My theory is to live your life like she didn't exist. She is not your reason for happiness, you are. Your goals, hobbies, accomplishments, dreams, fears, and interests are what make your world go round. Your purpose in life is not to entertain her... so if she finds you interesting, cool, if not, somebody else will... no biggie. The same thing goes for her, her purpose is not to entertain you, if you find her interesting, cool, if not, keep looking.
I want to make it clear that I'm not "pretending" to be someone I'm not, I never have. All I'm saying is that I'm very sarcastic, and ****y by nature. I like to find the light side of things and I'm hardly ever serious. I think that fact frustrates a lot of the women I interact with because I sense that they're opening up to me and I just keep the sarcastic thing going. Like I said I totally realize now that slowly opening up is a big key but it still scares the living shiat outta me. Not because I'm afraid of getting rejected. More like I'd hate to put time and energy in to a relationship and then develop feelings for a girl and then find out its going down the ****ter. But I guess that's the risk you have to take when you meet a cool girl.



PIMP
 
Top