"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Made an approach tonight - Comments or advice appreciated....

rgeere

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 25, 2003
Messages
1,925
Reaction score
1
Location
Fort Worth, Texas
Made another approach similar to this one in style tonight.......

http://www.sosuave.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?threadid=55144&highlight=good+****y+funny+example

Every wednesday night here at the university I attend the dean always does something for the students that stick around for the summer. Tonight, we had some sort of party/social thing where they served donuts and nachos at the girl's dorm. I figured it might be a good prime opportunity to practice on some of the girls who were there and maybe get some numbers or catch some interest.

I talk to some friends for a while, when this girl I notice I havn't seen before walks in and says:

(note: I probably sound like a real a-hole by just taking this text as it appears in face value. I've had girls tell me while I've been busting their balls that they have absolutly no clue whether they think that I am serious or kidding around [,this is a VERY good thing in my book].Keeps them on their toes.)

Her: Ohh nachos, this doesn't have any hot sauce in it does it?
Me: Tasted fine to me, why?
Her: Well, hot sauce sort of makes me nauseous
Me: Really?
Me: Well, how do you not know there isn't some taco bell sauce hidden somewhere
in there?
Me: I mean like, the REALLY HOT HOT KIND....
Her: Ummm, well, if there was any of that hot sauce in there I would probably
smell it...
Me: Hmmm, time for an experiment..
Me: (says to attendants) is there any of that taco bell sauce lying around
anywhere?
Me: You know, the REALLY REALLY HOT HOT KIND....
Attendant: No, sorry, but I think we have some other type of hot sauce lying
around...
Me: Man, I'm dissapointed... I figured a well rounded party like this would have
some taco bell hot sauce.
(girl walks out door, guy reaches for last donut in a box)
Me: ohhh, there's one donut left....
(grab donut, guy has to go to another open box)
Me: I'm sorry, I just took the last donut...
Me: Wait, no I'm not. The last donut is always the tastiest..
Me: Simpley because it's the last donut, and it's even more tastier when people
are licking their lips wanting some.
(walk out the door)
Her: (asking someone) Have you guys seen that alex guy and his friend jt? you'd
figure they would be here.
Me: Ohh, you mean the big fat guy and his friend.
Her: Yeah, that's him...
Her: You're funny
Me: I don't know why that's funny.
Me: I would have thought that he'd be the first person here.
(Gets really interested look on her face)
Her: You show absolutly no mercy, do you?
Me: You have absolutly no idea, do you?
Her: What's your name?
Me: *says name*
Her: Nice name..
Me: Well, I have to go... (and I did, I was late for practice)
Her: Hey, do you know what we're doing next week?
Me: I don't know, ask the dean what they have planned
Her: I heard we are going to six flags, maybe I will see you there?
Me: K, cya...

Well, that could have gone better towards the end except that I had to go and I could have gotten some kino or better. She lives in the dorm so I'll be sure to bump into her again sometime ;)
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Mercenary

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Dec 28, 2003
Messages
227
Reaction score
0
You did the right thing by saying "I have to go" when you did...

However, that's exactly when you go for the number close... or at least ask her name. Her IL was fairly high, as she asked your name first...

Good job
 

Seeph

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 18, 2003
Messages
145
Reaction score
1
Location
Cloud 9
hmm what to say about this post? not real sure bud.. nice job though you showed that you dont need anyone and she kept trying to get some convo going with you even as you were walking out which shows her HIL.. Just by reading the post out of context I would have "Snagged" her a little more at the end.. told her something like when she finds out it is to let you know..

props for this one
 
Top