Low carb diet with breaks on weekends - does it work?

Disconnect

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey people. I think this is the best place to get a response from a wide variety of people, so here goes:

For second week now, I have been cutting using a low carb - high protein diet + high intensity cardio. I basically stopped eating junk food, candy, pastry, so on, anything that has too much carbs. I eat 4-5 eggs a day, a bunch of leaner-than-bacon, ground beef, tuna, salmon, weiners (the least processed kind), and the like. I also eat alot of vegetables for carbs. People say that 45 g carbs a day is supposed to make my body to adjust to burning fat instead of sugar, but I'm not sure about that. I know that I get more than 45g a day from vegetables. I keep working out really heavy 3 times a week. The entire cutting cycle should last 12 weeks, and does not mandate cardio, though it admits that high intensity cardio helps. Does any of this make sense?

However, the program (which came from www.trulyhuge.com), advocates taking breaks from the diet, on weekends, when I supposedly could eat as much carbs as I want (ex: pizza, potatoes, bread, whatever). So I'm wondering whether carb binging after 5 days of no carbs would set me back, perhaps surprising my body and make it pack on fat once again, or something to this effect. What are your opinions?

And what are your opinions of the low carb high fat high protein diet?

Thanks! You input is much needed.

PS: I'm 17 yo, 195 lbs, approx. 16.1% bf (that I got from those measurement tests you do on yourself). I packed on approximately 15 lbs in the last month from working out heavy and drinking about 2-3 liters of milk a day. My bench press went up 35 pounds in the process. My squats - up by 70 lbs. But I also packed on a lot of fat in the process.

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can do this if you want, it iwll probably slow things down depending on what you do the rest of the week. Just dont eat junk food on the week end either, you can allow your self to have a little bit more good food but if you have to much your wasting the work you did through out the week!

I would not recommend this because i see no point, but i also see little harm as long as your are sensible infact it could even increase your motabilism more!

Hoppy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Intead of eating a bunch of junk on the weekends why not work a little bit into your diet every day?

If you eat more crap then your body can burn it turns into fat. It's that simple.

RaWBLooD

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
in light of the medias recent atkins crazy, and the fact that media is always right, i think i am not human, i burn the most fat on a high carb diet.

Last edited:

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
I wish I could eat high protein:mad: damn kidneys:mad:

RaWBLooD

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by SELF-MASTERY
I wish I could eat high protein:mad: damn kidneys:mad:
u dont need more than 1.2 per pound LBM