LOST theories

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Last Man Standing said:
You bastards watch too much TV!!!!! Get out of The Matrix!!!
Lost is not like most TV shows that turn your brain into mush. Lost actually makes you think...a lot. It really messes with your head. I only watch two TV shows other than the news and sometimes documentaries. One is American Idol and the other is Lost. I like Lost better. You can watch it online at www.abc.com

You should check it out...it's good stuff.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
heck the island living isnt so bad. the weather is great. dharma keeps dropping food down.
locke isn't disabled anymore, sun and jin are away from her daddy starting over, rose's cancer is in remission, kate doesn't have to run, hurley's dang imaginary friend is finally gone, claire didn't give her baby away, even walt and micheal got some time to be together, charlie finally got clean, eko was able to find out what happened to his brother, sawyer got a chance to get even with the real sawyer.
no one has to get up and go to the hustle and bustle of work every day. there are no bills to pay. its permanent vacation in perfect weather.

all they really have to do is accept it, and figure out how to live there peacefully.

dharma hasn't even been there doing experiments on anyone.

if they could just find away to co exist with the others, it would be all good.
however, that's the whole point.
when they arrived, ben didn't drag the others down there to say "hey come with us to our barricks and have some dinner." instead he sent people to infiltrate the camps and start stealing off who he thought was good.
he could have given them each a place to stay and eventually gave them all jobs like his other people have.
why didn't he do this? what did dharma do before he sought out the purge? what did dharma do to annie?

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
random questions i have about lost...
how many times can the russian mikhail die?
what did dharma do to annie that would cause ben to start the purge?
how can jacob be invisible?
why does dharma still send food drops if all their employees are dead and dharma is said to be out of buisness?
why wouldn't ben just allow all the pregnant women to climb on the sub and ride around in it somewhere else during the last trimester in order to have their babies without either one dying? they could have returned right afterwards and everyone would have been fine. the mothers would still be alive and their would be tons of children.
i have been asked my husband for 2 seasons, where are the elderly people at? but now we are lead to believe that you age so slow there are no elderly??
who is the sheriff/judge lady and where the heck does she camp at? and is there another camp with other others in it?
is the temple an actual temple or is it another hatch/station?
where did micheal and walt go? if walt is back, where is micheal?
when ben arrived at the namneste camp they were giving shots to kids like annie, this is what helped them grow and age on the island since aging is so slow. if this is true, how come juliet is not asking to give aaron any shots right now?
ben introduced alex to her mother, why didn't she question anything? how come she didn't cry and ask why he lied to her and kidnapped her to begin with?up until that moment, the only thing said to her about her mother was when sayid told her she looked like her mother and she told him her mother was dead and he said i am sure that is what they told you.
how come ben went alone to stop the losties calling for help and richard took the rest of the others to the temple? wasn' t it important enough for them all to try to stop them?

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Maybe Ben got Annie pregnant and she died...

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wyldfire said:
Maybe Ben got Annie pregnant and she died...
that was my initial thought but then i got the feeling that there was more going on. everyone in the dharma camp probably knew about the deaths, and avoided it with birth control. even if they didn't, ben is so smart, he would have figured it out, and avoided it.
so i am wondering, what else could have happened.
you know how this show does, they twist and turn lol. they lead us to believe that sun's baby would be from the affair, then told us haha its jin's !

come on wyld, what are the questions that you have been asking?

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
penkitten said:
that was my initial thought but then i got the feeling that there was more going on. everyone in the dharma camp probably knew about the deaths, and avoided it with birth control. even if they didn't, ben is so smart, he would have figured it out, and avoided it.
so i am wondering, what else could have happened.
you know how this show does, they twist and turn lol. they lead us to believe that sun's baby would be from the affair, then told us haha its jin's !

come on wyld, what are the questions that you have been asking?
I'm exceedingly patient...so none of the questions really nag at me. I just kind of kick back and wait for things to unfold and then say "oh yeah, okay...that's what such and such meant." I wonder things like "Gee, I wonder what is in that hatch?" but never obsess over it. Good thing, too because there won't be a new episode until February of 2008...hehe.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Victory Unlimited said:
Yo Troops,

OR, maybe it IS a Desmond future projection moment,

Any thoughts?
i think that once charlie died and desmond found out it isnt pennys boat, that his glimpses sifted from seeing charlie dying and went to jacks future about the telephone call and if they were rescued by whoever else is on the freighter.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
penkitten said:
i think that once charlie died and desmond found out it isnt pennys boat, that his glimpses sifted from seeing charlie dying and went to jacks future about the telephone call and if they were rescued by whoever else is on the freighter.
I think this is in line. Once Desmond lost the object of his visions the Island saw fit to grant him visions of other Survivors who may have significant impact on thier futures.

Although, you have to wonder is Charlie really dead? The Island doesn't tend to punish those who aren't unsavory.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
KarmaSutra said:
Although, you have to wonder is Charlie really dead? The Island doesn't tend to punish those who aren't unsavory.
i think that he had already made up his mind that he would, and choose to do it anyhow to save the other losties, and so he did.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
penkitten said:
i think that he had already made up his mind that he would, and choose to do it anyhow to save the other losties, and so he did.
But therein lies the rub. Desmond also sacrificed himself to save everyone and he got another chance.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
oh yes karma... karma is good to those that give because their heart says to.

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Things Charlie could have done to survive:

- Swam out through the giant grenade hole in the side of the station (would require swimming against water flowing in, but floating to surface would be much easier than diving down)

- Go outside the door, and then close the door. You don't have to seal the thing, the door opens to the inside like they do on most boats, etc. So that if water fills the room, the pressure of the water will keep the door closed.

- Leave the door open, and run to the room Desmond is in, put on the Scuba gear, and swim to the surface. At the rate the water was rushing in, combined with the size of the rooms, they had a good 20 minutes or more before the rest of the station would be anywhere near flooded.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Charlie could have saved himself any number of ways but it wasn't his fate. He had accepted his demise and made peace with himself. I don't believe for a second that we've seen the last of Charlie Page.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
another question :
at the zoo we ride the train.
seems like a neat way to get around the zoo.
i was thinking, how come there isnt some little train on the island?
would be cheaper than maintaining dharma vans and subs when the workers had to get around the island.
perhaps they didnt want to cheapen the landscape, or perhaps we just dont know there is one some where yet.
to me, a train makes sense.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
This bugged me too

What sticks in my craw is the scene where Jack is in the hospital room stealing Oxycodone samples from the cabinet. When he comes out he's confronted by Dr. Hamilton and he says something interesting:

Dr. Hamilton - "How much have you had to drink today Jack?"

Jack - I'll tell you what, you get my Father down here and if I'm drunker than he is, you can fire me."

Now, Christian Shepherd is long dead. If this is a glimpse of the future how is he still alive and working in the same hospital?

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
KarmaSutra said:
What sticks in my craw is the scene where Jack is in the hospital room stealing Oxycodone samples from the cabinet. When he comes out he's confronted by Dr. Hamilton and he says something interesting:

Dr. Hamilton - "How much have you had to drink today Jack?"

Jack - I'll tell you what, you get my Father down here and if I'm drunker than he is, you can fire me."

Now, Christian Shepherd is long dead. If this is a glimpse of the future how is he still alive and working in the same hospital?
alright, i have read theories where perhaps they come back but are in another time realm kinda thing. i dont buy into this crap.
i think jack was being sarcastic and off his rocker.
i read that there were podcasts in which the writers of the show claim that he really is dead.
but it has bothered me too, that and i am not sure if i wanted them rescued in the first place.
what do you think they are doing with this?

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
penkitten said:
alright, i have read theories where perhaps they come back but are in another time realm kinda thing. i dont buy into this crap.
i think jack was being sarcastic and off his rocker.
i read that there were podcasts in which the writers of the show claim that he really is dead.
but it has bothered me too, that and i am not sure if i wanted them rescued in the first place.
what do you think they are doing with this?
I don't buy the other timelines/parallel universes theory too much. From a writers perspective I don't see where a happy medium can be found with this series of events.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
didnt jack go to the pharmacy and try to get a prescription filled and pull out a forged one ? when the lady insists that she call his father about the prescription , jack gets all mad and tells her not to and stumbles out?

he doesnt want her to call because she would find out that his father is dead and did not write the prescription.