"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

"Lost in Translation" an incredible movie concerning sub-communication

cannibustacap

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 10, 2004
Messages
165
Reaction score
0
Location
UCLA
I just saw "Lost in Translation" and I realized the truth (to me at least).**

The lost in translation has nothing to do with Japan or the Japanese language. The translation is allllll about the sub-communication, the vibes if you will or the non-verbal talking going on between Charlotte (Scarlett Johansson) and Bob Harris (Bill Murray).

What goes on between those two characters tells a thousand words. It goes beyond simple dating and into the spectrum of true connection in which I try to base all my PUs on. There is nothing superficial in the relationship between Murray and Johanasson and to me it was genius and very funny. It shows all the awkwardness and longing that goes on in real life.

By not getting lost (you getting lost) in translation and knowing what is there under the surface (and not being married at the time like Murray) they probably would have been a match made in heaven.

I don't wanna give any spoilers so I suggest everyone ought to see the movie if you haven't. And if you missed the bigger picture (ok.. my "bigger" picture) then you should rent it and check it out again.

To me, this movie spells out lots of philosophies in the most real way. A communication I hope for in my PUs, but in this movie it is between two AFCs.

What are your thoughts?

(I did a search on "Lost in Translation" and didn't find much except a member named "lost in translation" so I hope this topic hasn't been done to the ground like Paris Hilton)

**EDIT: After reading these forums and learning about DJ
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

UltraMan

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 9, 2004
Messages
56
Reaction score
1
I loved the movie by the way, and everything you said about the communication between the two characters is true, but just a note about renting it. Ebert and Roper on their show did a small segment about it after it came out on DVD and video, and they said that a funny thing was happening to them. Nearly everyone who saw the movie in a theater loved it, and nearly everyone who saw it on a small screen hated it or didn't see what the big fuss was about. So try and see it on a big screen TV and in a darkened room if possible.
 

cannibustacap

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 10, 2004
Messages
165
Reaction score
0
Location
UCLA
Originally posted by UltraMan
and nearly everyone who saw it on a small screen hated it or didn't see what the big fuss was about. So try and see it on a big screen TV and in a darkened room if possible.
That doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.. I would imagine this is more true for a movie like The Matrix or some other special effects show.

But yea.. maybe being in a very quiet room and not being distracted will help you observe this movie. Don't watch it, observe it. There are many scenes where no words are spoken at all, just standing around and acting.
 

Dapper Swindler

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Aug 25, 2004
Messages
342
Reaction score
0
Age
45
This was sort of an obscure movie in theatres so I think the pretentious independent film crowd were the first to see it in theatres. And because they are either pretentious or because they have better capacity to appreciate the film (your pick) they enjoyed it much more than the average joe who rents it and watches it at home after hearing about the buzz.

I've already seen it and didn't really see anything good about it, although I may just not be smart enough. Do you think there is anything in this movie that will help us or will it just be interesting?
 

cannibustacap

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 10, 2004
Messages
165
Reaction score
0
Location
UCLA
Originally posted by Dapper Swindler
I've already seen it and didn't really see anything good about it, although I may just not be smart enough. Do you think there is anything in this movie that will help us or will it just be interesting?
The movie shows intense vibes between two AFCs. To someone who doesn't know much about this stuff (or doesn't care) it'll just be an entertaining flick.

However, one of the AFCs (Bill Murray) is doing just about everything right (for the most part, IMHO) when dealing with the woman, he just doesn't seem to realize it. I should probably watch it again to further analyze it

To us, if you really look at it -- you see great acting and portrayal of what is going on inside their heads. But you need to observe it.

You should learn at least that there IS ALWAYS a non-verbal communication going on. Two people don't just fall in love because its the new hip thing to do. This is how we communicated before modern verbal language (David DeAngelo goes into this and pseudo-proves it in his material).

And for all of us, it should be VERY interesting when you observe the movie. If it isn't interesting, then you are probably here just to learn the one-liners that get you laid and not all the complexities of DJing.
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

UltraMan

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 9, 2004
Messages
56
Reaction score
1
Originally posted by cannibustacap
But yea.. maybe being in a very quiet room and not being distracted will help you observe this movie. Don't watch it, observe it. There are many scenes where no words are spoken at all, just standing around and acting.
The movie really doesn't have a plot. There are many scenes just showing the characters in and around Tokyo. It is all about mood, longing and desire on a nonverbal level IMHO, and when I saw it in the theater the visuals swept me into the world so that I could feel what they were feeling. I think the effect wouldn't be the same on a small screen. Hard for a movie to sweep you away on a 27" set.
 

AMF

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 5, 2003
Messages
461
Reaction score
1
Age
43
No plot?? :eek:

Only in America would the classic theme of forbidden love mean nothing.

If only there was a few explosions huh? No wait - a little league baseball genius who happens to overcome blindness. Or - an EXPLODING little league baseball genius - "awesome!"

How about a cynical dose of soulless, commercial "teen comedy" pollution based on cliched adolescent sexual anxiety and a raft of third-grade toilet gags?? How about an utterly inane politically correct black cop/white cop "racial understanding" theme, or that sh*t-faggot Adam Sandler smashing himself in the face for an hour?? :rolleyes:

"Lost in Translation" was simply beautiful.
 

AMF

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 5, 2003
Messages
461
Reaction score
1
Age
43
Ok that wasnt an attack on you guys BTW, its an attack on mainstream American film!
 

cannibustacap

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 10, 2004
Messages
165
Reaction score
0
Location
UCLA
Originally posted by AMF
No plot?? :eek:

Only in America would the classic theme of forbidden love mean nothing.
Well when I studied stories like this it would be given a name called "Character Story".

There have been stories about the last day of someone's life. There is not huge plot, just a story of phases of their mental state.

This is what Lost in Translation has. So you are both right. And yes, lots of America movies ****ing suck badly, I know and agree.
 

chicksrock

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 10, 2004
Messages
523
Reaction score
2
very true..
the bodylanguage and the non-verbal communication is very useful for PU's!!!
WELL DONE on spotting that out for me!
I completely aggree
 

“The 22 Psychological Triggers That Make Women Chase You… Starting Tonight”

Forget the cash, the cars, and the chiseled jawlines. Female desire operates on a completely different frequency. Primal. Subconscious. Triggers that bypass her logic and hit her on a gut level. Most guys are totally blind to them.

I know because I was one of them. The overthinking. The paralysis. The silent drive home kicking yourself for freezing up. Watching average guys walk away with the girl while you stood there stuck in your own head.

Then I decoded the psychology behind what actually makes women tick. 22 hard rules.  Subtle behavioral shifts that rewired my entire reality. The anxiety evaporated. Women started leaning in. Investing. Chasing.

Read more...

UltraMan

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 9, 2004
Messages
56
Reaction score
1
Originally posted by AMF
Ok that wasnt an attack on you guys BTW, its an attack on mainstream American film!
I'm glad to hear that AMF! :) When I say it has no plot, I am warning people away that REQUIRE a heavy action packed plotline in a movie or they are bored stiff. In the same way I am warning people about Hero...if you don't like subtitles you won't like this movie. They will be missing one of the great movie going experiences of all time IMHO, but that is their choice and their loss.

Lost in Translation does have a plot, but the movie is not driven by it.
 

cannibustacap

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 10, 2004
Messages
165
Reaction score
0
Location
UCLA
Originally posted by UltraMan
I'm glad to hear that AMF! :) When I say it has no plot, I am warning people away that REQUIRE a heavy action packed plotline in a movie or they are bored stiff. In the same way I am warning people about Hero...if you don't like subtitles you won't like this movie. They will be missing one of the great movie going experiences of all time IMHO, but that is their choice and their loss.

Lost in Translation does have a plot, but the movie is not driven by it.
I really hope EVERYONE finds this movie very interesting on these boards. I mean This is the DJ boards all about sexual communication. That is what this movie has on so many levels.
 

cannibustacap

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 10, 2004
Messages
165
Reaction score
0
Location
UCLA
The end of the movie is very debatable. What do you guys think Bill said in her ear?

If not word for word, what **emotional** language did he speak, what did he say in that "language"

You saw an emotional response going through her when he spoke. I don't think it matter what literal words he said, but what "emotional" words he spoke. Get my drift?
 
Top