Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Lost in career choice

thunder_god

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm really considering dropping out of my program and switching into something else. I'm not doing very well in my program and I have lost the passion to continue my studies. I want to pick a career in something I excel at, while making a lot of money. Right now I'm really lost at what career to pick.

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
thunder_god said:
I'm really considering dropping out of my program and switching into something else. I'm not doing very well in my program and I have lost the passion to continue my studies. I want to pick a career in something I excel at, while making a lot of money. Right now I'm really lost at what career to pick.
- What field are you studying now?

- What field do you plan on changing to?

- Are you paying for college out of pocket or on scholarship/grants?

- Do you have any professional work experience already? If so, in what and how many years of it?

thunder_god

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tenacity said:
- What field are you studying now?

- What field do you plan on changing to?

- Are you paying for college out of pocket or on scholarship/grants?

- Do you have any professional work experience already? If so, in what and how many years of it?

currently studying physiotherapy, not sure what to switch into.

I'm paying for college through government loan + grants.

I worked in the helpdesk it field for several months plus about a yr of work experience in the fitness field as a personal trainer and fitness consultant.

FearlessEngineer

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hello thunder_god,

Try to have some feedback from people that graduated, for example, from the subject you want to switch to. Gather as much information as you can and make a shortlist of what subject would fit your ambitions. (Pros and cons maybe?)

If you switch fields, would you still be able to pay for it?

miketan70

Don Juan
Reaction score
Take your time to figure it out. I am sure you are smart enough to make a good decision :)

amoka

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
thunder_god said:
How far are you in the program? If you decide to switch, are you able to transfer some of your credits to your will-be program? First thing you should do is decide on what you planned to switch to. Also, realize that none of the programs are easy. The fact that you lost motivation in this program and not performing well doesn't mean the next program will work well for you. What I am trying to tell you is that, you probably just need few motivation to continue. Maybe you should discuss your situation with your academic advisor for his/her suggestions. I have witnessed plenty of students jumped from one major program to the next without any sense of directions.

thunder_god

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
amoka said:
How far are you in the program? If you decide to switch, are you able to transfer some of your credits to your will-be program? First thing you should do is decide on what you planned to switch to. Also, realize that none of the programs are easy. The fact that you lost motivation in this program and not performing well doesn't mean the next program will work well for you. What I am trying to tell you is that, you probably just need few motivation to continue. Maybe you should discuss your situation with your academic advisor for his/her suggestions. I have witnessed plenty of students jumped from one major program to the next without any sense of directions.
Not really up to me at this point, I want to continue in my program but I failed a practical exam and its my second time repeating the unit, so I'm not sure what my future holds me for in this program. Right now I need to wait for the school to arrive at a decision on whether or not I can redo my practical exam.

amoka

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
thunder_god said:
Not really up to me at this point, I want to continue in my program but I failed a practical exam and its my second time repeating the unit, so I'm not sure what my future holds me for in this program. Right now I need to wait for the school to arrive at a decision on whether or not I can redo my practical exam.
What is your second plan if the ruling is not in your favor to redo the exam? Rather than waiting for them to arrive on a decision, why don't you use the time to figure out your plan B and if possible start working towards it.

thunder_god

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
amoka said:
What is your second plan if the ruling is not in your favor to redo the exam? Rather than waiting for them to arrive on a decision, why don't you use the time to figure out your plan B and if possible start working towards it.
I don't really know what my backup plan is. I went to see career counselling at my school, and they told me to come back and see them in about 2 weeks time when I find out what the decision is from my program and we'll go from there. I went from having barely anytime each day for the last few months to having too much time now. I'm stuck at home right now bored to death feeling depressed and sorry for myself right now :( . I don't know what to do with my life now.