"Nervous Around Beautiful Women? There's a Rule for That"

I could talk to any woman I wasn't attracted to. Charming, funny, relaxed. Then a gorgeous woman looked my way and I'd become a sweating, babbling mess.

The fix took me years to find and ten minutes to learn. Nervousness and excitement are the same physical state — pounding heart, adrenaline, flushed face. Your brain just picks the label. And you can pick a better one.

Rule 16 shows you how. You feel the nerves, relabel them as excitement, and let that energy pour out as enthusiasm. Women notice the guy radiating it. They always do.

Read more...

Loss of Interest

Gus

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jan 16, 2003
Messages
233
Reaction score
0
Location
Florida
Hey guys, maybe you can assist me out with this. I've been reading this board and implementing it for well over a year. Maybe like a year and a half. Anyway, in a week is the one year anniversary for my girl and me. But something has been happening for a while now, and I was wondering if you could give me some alternate viewpoints on a subject troubling me recently...

I spend a lot of time writing in my journal, reflecting on life, reading philosophy and history, meditating, trying to find myself spiritually, etc. The more I do these things, the less interest I have in other people and being social. I've come to the conclusion that I could be doing things much, much more constructive than socializing with people about useless things and getting friends that I'll lose in a year anyway.

I strongly believe in self-discipline, which may help accelerate my loss of interest in desirable activities...I know someone is going to tell me to chill out and enjoy life, but why? What is that going to do? How is that going to help someone, or change the world? I'm not power hungry at all, I just want to change people's lives, somehow, I want to make an impact on people to better their lives... Of course by befriending people I open doors, but the effort isn't worth it yet since I only have a year remaining in high school.

So what's going on? Maybe someone can give me some reasons that I haven't thought of to help me, because I feel like I should be social and talk to everyone, but my intellect and logic tell me not to--that it's a waste of time and energy that should be used doing something more constructive.
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Sniper2k

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 11, 2002
Messages
60
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
Pimpsville
Well its true man. You have to enjoy your life to the fullest. However, HOW you choose to do so is all up to YOU. Whether your happy just partying until you go numb or quietly playing you guitar, being happy with your life at the moment is what counts. When your not asking youself "Should I be doing this? Is this really making me happy? What will make me happy?", you'll know your doing the right thing. Happy people don't question WHY their happy or WHAT makes them that way, they just BE HAPPY.

The point of life is the experiences you have while living. Make the most you can of all your experiences. Enjoy them as much as you can. Do the things you love the most, and if you don't feel up to experiencing other things that bore you or that you percieve as useless, fine. Just remember that it is YOU that makes the most of your experienes. The experiences are only appearing "useless and boring" because you are too lazy to put in the effort to have a fun time with them. But you know what? What the hell, just do whatever makes you happiest, its YOUR life.
 

Bombshell

Don Juan
Joined
Feb 5, 2004
Messages
105
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Location
Indiana
You made it sound like you want to be doing something constructive and helping people, and your logic tells you not to socialize. Well what kind of fvcked up logic tells you that being isolated and writing in a journal and finding yourself is more constructive and beneficial tword others than experiencing life with others. If you want to make a difference then be a friend to as many people as you can and you will more than likely have a huge impact on more people than you will ever know. I for one cant think of anything else that could be more constructive.
 

Gus

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jan 16, 2003
Messages
233
Reaction score
0
Location
Florida
If you want to make a difference then be a friend to as many people as you can and you will more than likely have a huge impact on more people than you will ever know.
Excellent point, Bombshell. Even though I have friends, I've always had problems relating to people, and never had a best friend(s). Maybe it's time I fix that...if I can't relate to people, then I can't really do anything in this world, because everything has to do with working with people. Sometimes I have a big ego, as if I'm better than everyone else, and people pick up on it, but then I get out of the presence of others and that ego disappears. What's up with that? But thanks for the criticism Sniper and Bombshell. I need all I can get. Any more guys?
 
Top