Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Losing Weight

piltad

Don Juan
Reaction score
I did a search on this and found an Article by DIesel and that was by far the best and really only one that i kinda saw and it was written about 3 years ago

But anyway i've played football for 4yrs and now that my senior year is over and no bright prospects in it i need to lose some wieght i having some trouble w/ it due to be on the line my whole life and being small isn't the way to go but i had about 15-18% body fat and im about 5'9" and 205 i was 180 and felt like i still needed to lose some weight still looked heavy

SO i guess im looking for a diet that isn't that bad/hard to stay w/ and lose about 45lbs in like 8-10 weeks if possible but any help would be great i mean you if you know a diet that sucks balls but works i would love to hear about or get a link about it anything that helps would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time and hopfully your help

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
45lb in 8-10 weeks? That is extremly hard to do! Not sure if it is even healthy to do. However when i lost weight a few years ago i lost something like 30-35 lb in 7 weeks so im not saying what you are trying to do is imposible.

First things first, you must get rid of all junk food, no 'french fries' what so ever no brugers no susasges, dont even wlak in to KFC or any of those places. Also nothing high in sugae or fat so no chocolate, ice cream, cake, crisps etc. Ussualy it wolud be ok to have a very limited amount, but you want to loose weight quickly, its not going to be easy. If you must then get osme weight wtachers ice cream or something liek that with sweetner in, but dont eat this all day long, i mean a few times a week tops.

From now on you only drink water

You are a simular hight to me, slightly shorter, so you will not need to eat much. Have a bowl of cereal with semi skimmed milk for breakfast. Do not have some sweet or chocalate cereal like coco pops or sugar puffs, have something like corn flakes or bran flakes or kellogs special k.

For lunch a sandwhich a fruit and maybe a yoghurt or something should suffice. Once again, not a chocolate yoghurt.

For dinner a typicaly good example would be sphagetti and some chiken, and some pea's its hard to tell you how much exactly, just dont go overboard.

You will get hungry latter so allow yourself to have a small snack in the evening, now im not talking doughnuts, i mean more fruit seeing as you should be having quite a few a day.

You say you do football, i dont know how much you do but you must do cardio, like running swimming or cycling. If you are not going to do at least 3 hours a week dont even bother taking my diet advice because you will fall far short of your target.

You need some extra calories if you do lots of cardio but dont go and fill up with too many calories, what im aobut to say is not going to be very good at building stregnth of fitness but it will be great for loosing weight. Have 1 bannana on top of oyur diet for every hour of cardio you do, but you got to push yourself hard, putting on some shorts and going for a run that consists of you doing short jogs between you resting is not an hour of cardio. Thou i must say its not how much you do, its percived effort, and it has to be high!

Follow this plan, it iwll be hard, you will fell hungry (you get used to it after a week or 2) by the time your going to bed but if you follow what i am saying you will loose a lot of weight. NO guarntee you will losse all the weight with in 8-10 weeks, but you will not fall far from your target.

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
45lb in 8-10 weeks isn't gonna happen, sorry - you could get that sort of progress healthily over a year and still build muscle but if you're too aggressive with trying to lose weight you'll keep your fat and lose your muscle. Clean up your diet, eat frequent meals, do some cardio, lift some weights and take the fat loss 1lb at a time.

kid, the diet you posted is awful. I know 100lb fitness babes who eat that whole days food for breakfast. if you're a skinny runt unconcerned with muscular wellbeing you can survive off it, but the guy is over 200lbs at 5'9" (which is really overweight for his height) - his metabolism would shut down on the lower calories, the late night carbs would just lead to more fat deposition, cue starvation mode and all that good stuff. There is no way he can lose that much fat weight in such a short time and telling him to try it is just asking for disaster.

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Warboss Alex said:
45lb in 8-10 weeks isn't gonna happen, sorry - you could get that sort of progress healthily over a year and still build muscle but if you're too aggressive with trying to lose weight you'll keep your fat and lose your muscle. Clean up your diet, eat frequent meals, do some cardio, lift some weights and take the fat loss 1lb at a time.

kid, the diet you posted is awful. I know 100lb fitness babes who eat that whole days food for breakfast. if you're a skinny runt unconcerned with muscular wellbeing you can survive off it, but the guy is over 200lbs at 5'9" (which is really overweight for his height) - his metabolism would shut down on the lower calories, the late night carbs would just lead to more fat deposition, cue starvation mode and all that good stuff. There is no way he can lose that much fat weight in such a short time and telling him to try it is just asking for disaster.
If hes 5ft 9 and a whole load of fat, he just needs to eat a lot of fat, he will loose a fair bit of muscle, but that amount of food worked for me, he asked for a way to loose weight fast, so i gave it to him. If you excersize it brings your motabilism back up, and also this is not starving yourself, maybe your your 6ft 2 and have loads of muscles then yes it is, but not in his case. So its not exactly gona shut off his motabilism. Funnily enough, to loose substantial amounts of fat you need a large calorie deficit, hes not going to get far with a deficit of 100 calories a day.

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not going to even bother answering. I'm not a 16-18 yo kid who's seen and done everything and who's walking around at a truly massive buck 60 (though that's only with a fully loaded colon), hell, he's also finished growing so he knows exactly what works for his body since he's done it all, and he's in a prime position to dish out advice on nutrition since he's 8% bodyfat - because he's still got a teenage metabolism.

Piltad - feel free to follow kid's advice. Don't blame me when you end up like him though.

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Espi said:
Huh?

I understand the concept of not depriving oneself of fat, but he needs to consume a diet of mod-to-high-protein, mod. carb. and LOW-fat (almonds, flax)...

Consume 10 calories per lb. of your bodyweight. You'll lose weight.

The fatter the person, the more wait he'll lose, initially.
no. low calorie mod-high carb diets lose you scale weight but also muscle, if insulin is present in your system (as it will be with carbs) then bodyfat burning is disabled and the body will use protein for fuel (your own muscle). for optimum fat loss a ketogenic diet is perfect but don't expect to be able to work out on it.

10 x 20 is 2000 cal.. it's still too low in my opinion. the guy says he does sports as well remember.

all he needs to do is time his carbs properly and get off his arse and increase activity levels BUT give himself sufficient calories as well, eating mostly low or trace carbs except around workouts and maybe having carb-up days every so often to keep athletic perfomance up.

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Warboss Alex said:
I'm not going to even bother answering. I'm not a 16-18 yo kid who's seen and done everything and who's walking around at a truly massive buck 60 (though that's only with a fully loaded colon), hell, he's also finished growing so he knows exactly what works for his body since he's done it all, and he's in a prime position to dish out advice on nutrition since he's 8% bodyfat - because he's still got a teenage metabolism.

Piltad - feel free to follow kid's advice. Don't blame me when you end up like him though.
Funny you should say that, i do 6 hours of cardio a week and yes my bodyfat IS 8% thankyou. You seem to think all everyone wants to do is bulk! Strangley enough, a bulking diet will not help you loose weight.

Strangley enough, even thou you come off as sounding like you really know what you are talking about, half the time you try and correct people, going by information i have found online, well lets jusy say it does not agree with you. Now who is more lightly to be correct, someone who gives the impresion that they are correct or sevral online sources?

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Someone who's experienced it is more credible than any online source. I don't say ANYTHING that I haven't had personal or first-hand experience in. If I do say something I haven't personally tried then someone else who I respect has.

You can go by 'online sources' or 'studies' if you like but they don't mean **** in the real world. You can prove anything with a study, and disprove it in another. I read a 'study' lately that leg extensions activate more muscle fibres than hack squats. Well good. Do we all stop hacks to do leg extensions now? No way. Why? Because when you can hack squat 500 for 10 rock bottom you're going to have huge wheels.

You can't just go by what studies and sources say. 90% of it all is worthless. Lifting (and eating) are simple concepts but everyone wants to overanalyse and overcomplicate stuff and that's why they never gain anything or be the equivalent of running in a hamster wheel all day praying that their program which has not worked for two years will magically start gaining them muscle.

No, a bbing.com bulking diet won't help anyone lose weight. But we want to lose fat, not weight. Put someone on a muscle-gain diet correct for their somatotype and throw in fatburners and green tea and stuff like that plus enough cardio and you can lean out while getting larger. But you won't read a single study that says you can do that because studies go by calories in vs. calories out and therefore surmise that fat loss and muscle gain is scientifically impossible whereas in the real world it's very, very possible.

I can't fault your enthusiasm kid or your willingness to help but I don't assume everyone wants to turn into Ronnie Coleman. Most guys on this board are skinny and want to get some quality meat on them to make themselves more attractive to women. That's fair enough, no problem with that. But let me tell you, whether it's 1lb or 40lbs or muscle that you want to gain, the way to gain is EXACTLY THE SAME. The only variable is time, the longer you go about it then more you'll gain provided you're doing it properly.

It's like all these guys going into the gym to do dozens of sets of curls in the hope their arms will grow - ask them to deadlifts or rows or squats and they'll say that "they don't want to bulk up" or "they don't want a thick waist" etc etc. So let them spin their wheels for ages doing curl after curl, whereas if they'd just trained like powerlifters they could gain a sizeable amount of muscle in a very short time and then just work on maintaining it if they don't want to get any bigger.

THIS is why I get angry. You guys think that you should be training differently to the average powerlifter or bodybuilder because you don't want to "look like them". You think that all these pretty boy exercises are gonna get you the guns/chest/ass/whatever to make yourselves more attractive.

I used to train that way as well, cable crossovers, concentration curls, the mighty tricep kickback .. and I got nowhere, nowhere at all. Then I started doing squats, deadlifts, rows, more squats, dips blah blah blah .. I did one exercise for arms and even that I skipped half the time because I couldn't be bothered. I blew up in a short matter of months. Did I go from 183lbs fat (as I was) to a reasonably lean (glimpse of abs, veins across the arms, chest and shoulders) 205-210 (can't remember now) in that time by eating 300 cal over BMI and doing kickbacks? No I did not.

I just wish you'd all open your eyes, put down your studies, stop looking up stuff online, stop buying fancy supplements thinking they'll get you massive overnight and realise that fat loss/muscle gain is a slow, calculated process much like a marathon, not a sprint. Put in basic hard work and you will be rewarded. Keep overthinking and worrying about your abs and you'll be maybe 1-2lbs heavier in 5 years' time, whereas you could change your body completely in a couple of years with hard work and hard eating. And yes, you can muscle up while losing fat, too. If you want to believe it's possible.

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sure someone one with experince is better then online sources, but i dont know you so i dont know how creadable you are as a source.

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
check_mate_kid_uk said:
Sure someone one with experince is better then online sources, but i dont know you so i dont know how creadable you are as a source.
And yet you believe online sources which just 'claim' to be written by such-and-such. If you haven't heard it from the author's mouth don't believe it.

I'm tired of arguing back and forth. If someone wants my advice, they can pay me. If they do what I say, and it doesn't work, I'll give them their money back.

TheTrader

Don Juan
Reaction score
Warboss Alex said:
And yet you believe online sources which just 'claim' to be written by such-and-such. If you haven't heard it from the author's mouth don't believe it.

I'm tired of arguing back and forth. If someone wants my advice, they can pay me. If they do what I say, and it doesn't work, I'll give them their money back.
mate, mate , take it easy will you. you know that there is a ignore list for user that piss you off? it works really well i can only recommend it from personal experience! because you always seem to get into those heated arguments and then leave the forum which makes me sad. though if you like those flamewars then disregard this comment.

Reaction score
check_mate_kid_uk said:
Of course you don't. Which is why you should DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH.

You know what is best. Get the latest and greatest scientific and tried and tested information to make a good decision.

Don't take the word of Warboss if you don't wih to. Find your own way.

grr

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm glad Warlord Alex is acting on his desire to impart bulking knowledge, but I feel he's not tolerant of other's desires to go a different route.

Just because you went the "more-mass" is better route, don't condemn everyone else who doesn't want to go that route.

For instance I'm in martial arts so I workout to tone and maintain my strength because Power > Strength for martial arts.

I don't want huge biceps, I don't want huge pecs. I want POWERFUL & DEXTEROUS triceps, POWERFUL & DEXTEROUS shoulders, abs, etc.

I DON'T want pecs so huge I can't perform Wing Chun Kung Fu properly. I DON'T want to stretch my skin unnecessarily, packing on muscles before I lose the little fat I have left.

Its also very inconvenient to be a dedicated bodybuilder or athlete regarding available time, so that's probably why most people here would rather lose a LOT of weight while gaining a little muscle.

Me? I lost 15 lbs in a month and a half, putting on muscle, training like an athlete, all while being on a "carb deficient" &100% healthy diet. So, chances are I lost more than 15 lbs of fat because the muscle gains, 20 actual lbs If I had to give a rough guess...Taking in account varying water weight of course. I'm very close to having a six pack when less than two months ago I was carrying a pooch complete with love handles around with me... With the timespan and the results you cannot deny the gains (suited to MY liking -- not yours.)

So, good advice Alex, I'm sure everyone appreciates your efforts, just try to be tolerant to other people's possible desires/situations as their priorities will probably be different from yours. Currently, I want to lose as much fat as possible, while maintaining my current muscle volume. Then, if I want to bulk up a little, I'll change the routine.

It's been working for me so far, and I've never been in better shape, even when I lifted and ate a lot, played league bball, or ran track. And while you might be able to lift 150% of my body weight, I bet your arms move much slower than mine, with much less range of motion. Different strokes for different folks. Again, I offer this information, not because I believe everyone should go my route, I'm saying don't believe just because something worked for you it will absolutely work for everyone else, or even assume they want the same out of health and fitness as you.

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
grr said:
I'm glad Warlord Alex is acting on his desire to impart bulking knowledge, but I feel he's not tolerant of other's desires to go a different route.
NO. What everyone fails to understand is that we're all on the SAME route. There's only one way to gain muscle, whether it's 5lbs of pretty boy beach muscle which make you look good topless or 50lbs of brutal muscularity for a competitive powerlifter/bodybuilder.

I am trying to get it into your heads that just because you've got different goals (looking sleek and sexy) to a competitive powerlifter, you have BOTH got the same physiology. There's only one type of muscle tissue and only way to build it up.

I got to a fairly lean 180-190 at 6' tall fairly easily when I started out, isn't that the pretty muscular guy look you all want? I got there EXTREMELY quickly by training and eating like I wanted to be 250lbs - doing squats, deadlifts, rows and eating beef, eggs, chicken - I was on about 400g of protein a day back then.

I wasn't doing cable crossovers or using light weights or eating egg whites to keep my sixpack either.

I don't care how much muscle you want to gain, training like a powerlifter or powerbuilder is what's gonna get you there faster than any other way.

If you don't believe me let me train you for 3 months, and I PROMISE you, you'll make a damn sight more progress than anyone on this board. In 3-12 months (depending on where you are right now) you'll have changed completely. I could care less about what people think of my opinions but so many of you guys are just spinning your wheels and it's a waste of your time.

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I got to say theres truth in what alex says. I spent a few months doing things wrong and i hardly added any mass, just got tonned up. Then once i started bulking iv just gained 3/4 of an inch circumfrance on my arms in a matter of weeks!

grr

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Alex is an ass, and doesn't even realize the TITLE OF THE THREAD IS LOSE WEIGHT, NOT GAIN IT.

He completely missed my point.

I got to a fairly lean 180-190 at 6' tall fairly easily when I started out, isn't that the pretty muscular guy look you all want? I got there EXTREMELY quickly by training and eating like I wanted to be 250lbs - doing squats, deadlifts, rows and eating beef, eggs, chicken - I was on about 400g of protein a day back then.
No, I am too 6' feet tall, but I would prefer a weight around 150-160 lbs. I remember you referring to someone of that body type as a runt. You know why I want to be a "runt" as you so eloquently put it? SO I CAN MOVE MY FVCKING ARMS.

Sorry I don't like to caps-wh0ring but this is recockulous, the dude has the attitude of a stubborn bull and doesn't understand he's talking about a different destination than I was. I wouldn't be able to do half my Wing Chun if I went on that routine, and Wing Chun is something I can do when I get to be 90 years old.

People in my Kung Fu class who used to body build have to watch all their hard work get flushed away because being bulky means limited movement -- and therefore, limited power. They're jealous of my flexibility. But yeah, keep bodybuilding and enjoy... Personally, in a life where variety tops all, bodybuilding would cut me off from reaching my peak performance for so many sports I can't see why any man would do it beyond a few lbs.

Last edited:

fireguy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Grr, I agree with you to a degree, but keep in mind there's bodybuilding and there's steroid bodybuilding. If a guy wants to be 250 lbs it will impact his ability in other sports. But if you want to be 200 lbs, you can still be very atletic. Look at sprinters, kickboxers and olympic wrestlers. As much as I realize what the post is about, most topics in sosuave tend to go off topic.