Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Losing the Nice Guy fluffiness

bp1974

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I liked this post of mine so much I decided to shamelessly post it as a tip.

I'm not a 'bad boy', and I don't try and project that image or act that way. I admit there've been times I've tried and on me it just looks stupid, because it's an act, it's not me. Going around glaring at everyone doesn't get girls, it gets you into fights.

I've always been nice, friendly, open, honest, accommodating, interested in people, sensitive etc. Most people have these traits, nothing new there. What I realised is that it wasn't enough. Great if you want to be friends with everyone, but no good at all if you want more. So I started to look at what was missing, and what it is, is edge. I didn't have the confidence to be anything other than affable, friendly and smiley all the time, even when I felt inside like a volcano ready to explode, or like wanting to be playful and stupid.

So what did I have to work with to get a natural edge that comes easily to me? All men have the potential to be exciting, dramatic and passionate. To make a woman feel like she's on a rollercoaster when she meets you. Sometimes everything's calm and moving along smoothly, then suddenly you drop off and all h*ll breaks loose. All I had to do was to stop suppressing those qualities in me and just be myself.

Originally posted by Player_Supreme:
To achieve the effect of Amorous Vulcanism, you should raise your voice, make melodramatic physical gestures, be impatient, smolder, glower.
Occasionally act very angry. Your intensity will reinforce her sense that, in being with you, she’s part of something exciting.
To be remote, use silence a great deal. Silence, in combination with
eye contact, is very powerful. After you deliver a script, make eye contact and hold it silently—this will usually encourage her to process what you’ve said even more thoroughly. Also, don’t talk about yourself very much, except in relation to your plans and your objectives.
This quote, using anger as an example, sums up those qualities in me that make me more rounded, whole, and human. And in the process, attract women to me in a more primitive way.

How has my behaviour changed?

1. I react less to what women say. I no longer assume that because they've said something, that they want me to say something back, or to repond verbally in some other way, with a laugh or whatever. Instead, a long look is enough, either with some amusement, appraisal or anger in my eyes.

Those times when in the past I'd be searching for the most appropriate thing to say in response to her, I now just don't say anything. In fact, my clue as to when it's best to keep schtum and pin her down with my eyes is when I find myself trying to work out what to say.

It's impossible to underestimate just how powerful a long, intense, lingering look can be when directed at a woman who's attracted to you. Whether you're looking with compassion, anger, humour, jealousy or whatever other emotion you are feeling at the time, it gives the woman permission to feel intensely what she feels. I've had a girl literally weeping with the intensity of her feelings just from me holding her gaze. I've no idea what she was feeling so strongly about, it doesn't matter, I was the template onto which she was able to feel what she wanted to feel, and I felt good about it.

2. I express what I'm feeling. It's called 'realness' or 'congruence' in some circles. We all have a rollercoaster ride of emotions going on in us all the time - feelings bubbling away under the surface, sometimes bursting out. Showing this fully is what can make a woman feel truly excited to be around us longterm.

Forget the 'bad boy' activities like taking her for a high-speed motorbike ride etc, those are cheap imitations designed to try and get her excited by external means, by guys who don't know how to use themselves to get her excited. When a woman plays games with me and I feel angry, I literally become angry before her eyes. I don't explode unless it's called for, mostly I become intense and tell her fiercely to stop playing games. But I do it for real. Everything about me, my face, my eyes, my voice, my stance, reflects what I'm feeling. If I'm feeling truly excited and happy, then I let that shine through.

Whatever I am feeling, I make a real attempt to (a) be aware of it and (b) be it. This isn't just for women, this is for life. People grow respect for people who can be themselves with no apology. And as far as women go, the more myself I am able to be, the safer it makes a woman feel to be with me. I'm using the word 'safe' in it's instinctive meaning. Women have a primal need to feel safe with their man, not safe in a Nice Guy "He's too much of a wuss to cause me trouble" way.

This is really something. I'm using anger as my main example because I often get p*ssed off with women's craziness. But think about it:
Being really, truly angry with a woman (with reason) can make her feel safe to be with you, and increase her desire to be yours. It gives you solidity in her eyes.

Legal Edit: I'm not talking physical abuse here.

Same with the other emotions. That's pretty deep. Or at least it was for me when I discovered how true this is.

It takes practice - if you're not used to showing how you feel, it takes practice to become comfortable with it. A few months back I was angry with a guy for something he'd said, so I told him. Two of the other people who were present said it was weird - I'd said I was angry, but they couldn't detect any anger in me, other than me using the word. I didn't look or act angry. This really made me think about how I present myself to people when I have something to say to them, and since then I've found a whole new level of expression, much more real, much more satisfying, and much more attractive.

So I guess I could sum up what I've learned as "Say less, be more, and show it". I'm still a work in progress, so sometimes I still hide what I feel, talk too much, be nice because I think I should etc, but that's ok, learning to be human takes time, effort and risk. Feeling more, expressing more, being more myself, the whole 'bad boy' idea becomes a non-issue. Why be a bad boy when you can be a man?

And in true Player_Supreme style, here's some quotes from the ladies to show how they feel about me:

"You're so confident, that's very attractive."

"You're so strong, I love that. You're really sexy."

"You're such a fantastic man. I just want to be with you."

"It's good to get the juices flowing."

This has turned into a long*ss post, and I've no idea how relevant you'll find it. Guess I've just had this stuff to say for a while, and it seemed on topic.

icepick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by bp1974
1. I react less to what women say. I no longer assume that because they've said something, that they want me to say something back, or to repond verbally in some other way, with a laugh or whatever. Instead, a long look is enough, either with some amusement, appraisal or anger in my eyes.

Those times when in the past I'd be searching for the most appropriate thing to say in response to her, I now just don't say anything. In fact, my clue as to when it's best to keep schtum and pin her down with my eyes is when I find myself trying to work out what to say.

It's impossible to underestimate just how powerful a long, intense, lingering look can be when directed at a woman who's attracted to you. Whether you're looking with compassion, anger, humour, jealousy or whatever other emotion you are feeling at the time, it gives the woman permission to feel intensely what she feels. I've had a girl literally weeping with the intensity of her feelings just from me holding her gaze. I've no idea what she was feeling so strongly about, it doesn't matter, I was the template onto which she was able to feel what she wanted to feel, and I felt good about it.
Absolutely!

Do what YOU want, not what everyone else says you should do. Sometimes, guys naturally do not want to talk. It is perfectly NATURAL. Women are the big blabbermouths. Guys are ABOVE that, too important to be bothered with such trifles.

Guys start the coversation, while women continue with it and keep the momentum. This is also a good way (not foolproof of course) to tell if the girl is interested in you or not. She will keep up the conversation. You don't have to be Mr. SmoothTalker to get the ladies.

It gets funny, instead of worrying over and over in your mind on what she said, what she meant by that, what to say next, is it insulting, etc.....you can sit back, chill, and kind of laugh to yourself as you see her messing with her hair incessantly, giggle intermittently, stumble on her words a bit, act super polite and nervous, etc.

Except when they do it, it is cute!

A guy is more in control.

A man is work and a woman is play. A man is attracted to the "play" in a woman. (The decadent beauty, and meaningless sociality.) And a woman is attracted to the "work" in a man. (Ambition, charisma, composure, creativity.)

Clint Eastwood

Don Juan
Reaction score
Incredible! This is just what I was looking for. I knew that there was a crucial element of my game that was missing lately. I finally realized that I need to stop being nice, and hiding this part of myself. And just because she's hot and says something to me, doesn't mean I have to smile to gain her approval, or be nice to her. It's like I've been really suppressing things lately, without realizing it. Probably makes me come across as too nice ( a wussy) Guess I went back to the old me, and was afraid of pi$$ing people off or offending them by allowing myself to be angry, quiet, etc.

I like the part about, "who needs to be a bad boy when you can be a man!" That's great. Thanks bp!

Boricua_33015

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This post is fvcking GOLD!

I have done the "look in the eyes" thing before when they said something to me, and I wouldnt not respond, and really girls emotions will intensify. I had a girl making "im in love" sighs with a huge smile when I looked in her eyes with a sexy bedroom eyes look. I didn't even know what I was doing but it made her go crazy! HAHAAHHA.

Nice tip!

Last edited:

Ronin I

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I absolutley love this post.

First off it is very insightful and secondly it is exactly what I have been going through the past couple of months.

I express what I'm feeling. It's called 'realness' or 'congruence' in some circles.

When a woman plays games with me and I feel angry, I literally become angry before her eyes. I don't explode unless it's called for, mostly I become intense and tell her fiercely to stop playing games. But I do it for real.

Whatever I am feeling, I make a real attempt to (a) be aware of it and (b) be it. This isn't just for women, this is for life. People grow respect for people who can be themselves with no apology. And as far as women go, the more myself I am able to be, the safer it makes a woman feel to be with me.

You know I turned 28 years old a little over a month ago but it hasn't been until fairly recently that I have started to really think of myself and respect myself as a true MAN. I'm not sure exaclty why that is and I really don't care - what I do know is that now, finally - I feel comfortable enough to express myself in the ways you describe above.

It is if so many of us walk around with wearing societal "chains" that prevent us from expressing what we truly feel when we feel it. You use anger as an example - and I relate to this well as I have grown much more comfortable telling people when they say/do something that pisses me off. But like you say, this extends to any emotion - love or affection is another good example. How often are we "afraid" to tell someone that we care for them, or express positive emotions.

We may be afraid to express anger because we want to come off as a nice guy and/or be well-liked by people in general - conversely we may be afraid to express love for fear that it makes us appear weak, or somehow exposes us to harm.
I have been guilty of holding in my emotions many, many times in my life (and for the wrong reasons).

People grow respect for people who can be themselves with no apology.

This is absolutely true - but more importantly, I have grown more respect for myself because I have been myself with no apology.

Big Boi

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Boricua_33015
This post is fvcking GOLD!

I have done the "look in the eyes" thing before when they said something to me, and I wouldnt not respond, and really girls emotions will intensify. I had a girl making "im in love" sighs with a huge smile when I looked in her eyes with a sexy bedroom eyes look. I didn't even know what I was doing but it made her go crazy! HAHAAHHA.

Nice tip!
u stay in hialeah?

Boricua_33015

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i stay in kendall

bp1974

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bumping my own post - narcissism at its best.

DJ_Dork

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with the angry look. If a woman is playing games like (flirting with other guys to make you jealous) or what not and you're there with a poker face - she will think you don't know what you want from her. Give her an angry face/look and acting angry will tell her you have feelings - if she still plays this game/ignorant.. you must be ruthless and play the ignore game on her then, such as leaving all of the sudden/disappearing.. if she likes you she will call you.

Been there done that last week at a party 2 weeks ago, she ended up calling me several times the day after leaving VM asking if I'm mad at something. we're cool now if you're wondering.

JoE BoXeR

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
THANK YOU

Let me jump on the bandwagon here too :D !

Seriously though, I was getting really fed up of tossing ideas through my mind of how I could be "a bad boy" without being a bad boy if you know what I mean. If I showed up with a leather jacket on I think girls would see right through me and I'd be back to square one. It's all about your attitude and the way you express yourself and you just confirmed it for me again!

Hot Ice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by bp1974
Bumping my own post - narcissism at its best.
Thanks for being narcist.
Great post man!

Meis

Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow. Brilliant post. You have a great way with words my friend! Very inspirational!

I hope you don't mind me saving this. ;)

T-4ze

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DJ_Dork
I agree with the angry look. If a woman is playing games like (flirting with other guys to make you jealous) or what not and you're there with a poker face - she will think you don't know what you want from her. Give her an angry face/look and acting angry will tell her you have feelings - if she still plays this game/ignorant.. you must be ruthless and play the ignore game on her then, such as leaving all of the sudden/disappearing.. if she likes you she will call you.

Been there done that last week at a party 2 weeks ago, she ended up calling me several times the day after leaving VM asking if I'm mad at something. we're cool now if you're wondering.

Talk about co-incidence, as I'm reading this post, a few days ago I did just this, lol. Was at the bowling alley with a group of people and this girl I was interested in. This ****blocker friend wouldn't stop flirting with her WHILE I was talking to her. I gave her an angry/disgusted look a few times, then she was less receptive to the flirting but still did it. I got fed up with it and just got up calmly and went outside to get some air and clear my mind, guess who followed me outside? Haha. The rest of the night she wanted to know why I seemed angry and I still have her wondering. Gonna go out with her next week and sort things out.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bump!

Great advice. One of the biggest problems of the "nice guy" is that he represses himself, holds back what her thinks because he is afraid of confrontation or rejection.

You don't need to be swearing and fighting or have a bad attitude to overcome being a "nice guy", you just have to be less frightened of expressing yourself.

Disconnect

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bizzump and a great post. You really summed up staying true to yourself. Hiding or suppressing emotions is dangerous, and gives off the passive aggressive vibe.

But there is also tact, and it won't do you any better if you come accross as an arrogant *******.