Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Losing fat, but not building mass. Also clothes issue.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Just read some article about losing fat and gain mussels at the same time. and I'm interested to know if it's correct.

In short, Its said something like that:
You need to cut down 400 calories a day, keep your carb-less than 200g a day, while at the same time keep your protein at 2g for every kg of body weight (don't know how much it's in a pound )

For example (for a person weighs 75kg) - Cut down Cal from 2400 to 2000 cal per day
Eat no more than 200g Carb a day
Eat 150g Protein a day (2g x 75kg)

The theory behind it is,:
When lifting (building muscles ) your body will use first the 2000 calories from the solid food you eat during the day, then use the fule stored in the fat,(lose weight ) and only then, when no fat left, the body will start breaking down muscles.
(when no fat left, less then 10%-12% health level BF , this is when you should up the calories )

To prevent muscles break down, and to build and maintain current muscle, you'll need to keep your protein intake at the right level at all time, depending on your current body weight.

Does the above correct?
I get it and I keep my carbs pretty low and heavy on Proteins and healthy fats like Salmon, various nuts, heavy cream, whole cottage cheese, reg. cheese and some yogurt. Though, I hate yogurt. I've gotten rid of all sweets, breads, cereal, grains, etc. I have switched them out with almond and coconut flour bread that I make myself as well as other foods or snacks that are Paleo and Keto friendly. I am down 21 pounds since switching my diet. Not very hungry, but I do have a lack of energy at times w/o the carbs.

My body fat % is around 11 according to my calcs. I verified when I went to the doc to get my numbers checked. However, I do not see it. The doc calls me crazy as I've lost a lot of fat and building some muscle. Again, I do not see it. I went from and XL and I can prob. even get into a M shirt, but I do not like tight shirts. I cannot even fit into 32 in. pants, I am more a 30 in. pant size now. Seems I am shrinking. I do see that my chin area is developing, along with my butt, back legs and chest. Chest has had been defined the most and is the most muscular outside of my shoulders/back and legs. My right arm is fvcking up my arm form and I am not happy. I just hope I am not losing muscle mass in my arms. I feel they should be bigger as I work them all 3 days a week for 45 mins - and hour. I still run 3 times a week, as I was told I need to do so to get the last part of the fat in my lower and side abdomen. It's so weird where the fat melts. Never where I really want it. If I don't show my lower abdomen, my stomach area looks cut and a four pack shows. So annoying.

I am not doing this for women. I am doing this for me. I was ripped back in my teens and 20's. It's my own goal to get back to that look and frame. I added a speed bag to my regimen. I am hoping that will also help define my arms more. A boxer dude told me to add that to my regimen.

Last edited:

Poonstra

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I would be careful with piecemealing together a daily/weekly workout routine based on tips from a variety of people who are most likely training for different goals, or even from different people aiming for the same common goal (but are at completely different levels of where they are in that process).

A boxer or competitive weight lifter may train for strength and stamina, whereas other lifters train for muscle mass and esthetics, for example. Of two people training for muscle mass/esthetics one may be 5-10 years into lifting while the other is only 9 months in.

You cannot piece together a routine from these different people, even if those tips undoubtingly bring results for each person providing them. It will not work for YOU, most especially if you are already dealing with significant issues particular to you, such as these imbalances you are describing.

IMO, you need to talk to or hire a PT if only for a few weeks who can sit down with you, discuss your goals, tailor a diet/program designed specifically for you and set you up on the right track. Once you're on that track, you can train on your own until you achieve that goal of settling these imbalances out.

From there, you set a new goal, and find a proven program/diet tailored specifically for that one goal.

You will waste years of potential gains trying to hodge-podge together bits and pieces of programs and techniques that were not intentionally designed to work in harmony together.

^^^ This

Macaframalama

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just read some article about losing fat and gain muscles at the same time. and I'm interested to know if it's correct.

In short, Its said something like that:
You need to cut down 400 calories a day, keep your carb-less than 200g a day, while at the same time keep your protein at 2g for every kg of body weight (don't know how much it's in a pound )

For example (for a person weighs 75kg) - Cut down Cal from 2400 to 2000 cal per day
Eat no more than 200g Carb a day
Eat 150g Protein a day (2g x 75kg)

The theory behind it is,:
When lifting (building muscles ) your body will use first the 2000 calories from the solid food you eat during the day, then use the fule stored in the fat,(lose weight ) and only then, when no fat left, the body will start breaking down muscles.
(when no fat left, less then 10%-12% health level BF , this is when you should up the calories )

To prevent muscles break down, and to build and maintain current muscle, you'll need to keep your protein intake at the right level at all time, depending on your current body weight.

The authours claim you'll lose 1% bf a month while building muscles.

Does the above correct?
If you are or have been prone to eating a chit diet, recomping will have a more drastic effect. Ppl like to throw around the saying "calories are calories, no matter the source". While true, which do you think will be more beneficial in retaining/building lean mass and losing excess fat, 500cals of protein or 500lbs of processed carbohydrates? For one thing, it is MUCH more inefficient for your body to try to convert protein into fuel source vs carbohydrates. Two, protein is very satiating and eating your target intake can feel like a chore. Healthy fats regulate hormones and carbs should be viewed as fuel. All in excess can make you fat and you will have to tweak your intake, as well as your physical activity, several times to keep making progress. The idea is to make your body more efficient at mobilizing energy sources. I think I read op dropped cardio, which is a huge umbrella term and should be viewed differently and viewed as energy systems work. Anaerobic and glycolytic energy systems training can go a long way in making your body more efficient as increasing insulin sensitivity. Think sprints, airdyne, row sprints/circuits, etc. You also have to give your body a reason to retain muscle mass, so you need to be lifting heavy'ish.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
I took some time out to do a visit to a trainer today. He actually wanted me to switch from free weights to the machine and guide me in order to build up the strength in my right arm. He also thinks I should up the dumb bell weight on my right arm to help it catch up to my left arm. His thought was that it would, in theory, catch up to the left arm. Does that make sense?

RickTheToad

Reaction score
I would give it a shot. Get him involved in your diet too and don't make altercations on anything unless it's discussed with the PT first.
Diet is in check. Everything tracked with the myfitnesspal app. Here's hoping for some gains. I did the new workout plan yesterday and I feel it all over. Hate sore muscles.