Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Lose Weight By Chewing Gum?

HandyAndy

Banned
Reaction score
Nutrition is one determining factor when it comes to health and weight loss. Combined with an efficient training program, anybody can lose excess body weight and construct a hard, defined body. The idea behind dieting and exercising is to decrease body fat and increase muscle mass. Numerous techniques have been tested to assist in diminishing fat cells and one study has discovered a virtually effortless way to lose weight. By chewing sugar-free gum, it is possible to lose up to 11 pounds of extra weight per year.

Results published in the New England Journal of Medicine last week show that sugar-free gum chewers can burn off a considerable amount of weight each year. Researchers from the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota, hooked seven students up to a machine and measured the content of exhaled air, which allowed them to measure the amount of energy expended by each individual.

The first measurement was taken during a 30-minute rest period (without chewing gum) and the average energy expenditure was 58 kilocalories an hour.

Next, subjects were given sugar-free gum and instructed to chew 100 times per minute for a period of 12 minutes. The measurement after the chewing activity resulted in an elevation in the metabolic rate, which burned an average of 70 kilocalories an hour (70,000 calories!).

The results from this study indicate that chewing sugar-free gum at 100 chews per minute will raise the metabolic rate by approximately 20%, and someone chewing gum all-day can burn off an equivalent of 11 pounds of a year.

Chewing sugar-free gum can help fight cavities (with the added chlorophyll), kill bad breath and is now proven to help control weight. Even though gum must be chewed practically every waking hour to effectively lose the full 11 pounds early, it should not be discarded as an ineffective way of weight control.

Chewing gum daily for extended periods of time also has reported disadvantages. Having no time to slow down and rest appropriately, the stomach and intestines may become exhausted. So, concerns about stomach burns, ulcers and risks of different cancers arise. Obviously, further research must be done on these possible negative side effects of constant gum-chewing. But for now, the idea of chewing one's fat away seems like a breakthrough discovery.

By the way, 1 kilocalorie = 1000 calories

spax

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
NO. Chewing gum generates salivas in your mouth that prepare your stomach to be recieving food, as it usually would be.

As a result you are more hungry because your stomach is expecting the food, thats never going to come. So youll probably eat more...

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
okay...but really now whats the point of this post lol. Just go to the gym and workout out. I mean...lets be serious now, if you masturbate 5 times a day i'm sure you can also burn off 20 lbs extra every year haha

Where do these dumb scientific results end? Personally i rather fvck a hot chick till i lose enough weight everyday.

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I-tallionStallion said:
Where do these dumb scientific results end? Personally i rather fvck a hot chick till i lose enough weight everyday.
advice to take to heart.

dopexile

Don Juan
Reaction score
1 kilocalorie is equal to 1,000 calories, you are correct... but what I think you're missing here is that all the nutritional information we use is actually in kilocalories. So the average human generally consumed about 2,000 kilocalories a day but we just call them calories to keep things simple.

There are 3500 "calories(actually kilocalories)" in a pound of fat. If you could burn 70 kilocalories an hour chewing gum, that means you could lose 20 pounds an hour. If that were possible, obesity wouldn't be a problem in the world and people wouldn't diet... they would just eat whatever they want.

Crazy Asian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
HandyAndy said:
By the way, 1 kilocalorie = 1000 calories
if i remember correctly, a calorie is a a measurement of energy.
a kilocalorie is 1000 "calories" as in that unit of measurement in stuff like fire, but the calories that we talk about in foods are already kilocalories.

so 1 kilocalorie = 1 food calorie

Axcell

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh, and one more thing to add to the comments that have been said in this thread.
I quickly glanced at the quotes provided by the OP, and there was a quote stating that "Gum prevents cavities." True, most gums (most gums are sugarless gum, and that's the type of gum the quote is reffering to) do in fact prevent cavities. HOWEVER, the gums that prevent cavities contain artificial sweetners, such as aspartame, which can prevent cavities, but at the same can make you lose brain cells.

So, would you rather lose brain cells and be cavity free, or just brush your teeth twice a day? The choice is yours. :up: