Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Lose BF, before bulking??

shock

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 5'8, and about two months ago I was at 155-160 ish. I started lifting hard, cut out all junk food (pop, fast food, etc) and started mountain biking. I've become alot more defined, however I still can't see my abs. I have a relatively small frame, but all my body fat resides in my mid-section.

I haven't gotten my bf% but would be curious to see where I am at. I would like to start lifting heavier, and eating more to bulk up a bit. But I'd really like to see my abs, and lose the excess fat on my mid-section. However, I am afraid I will just gain it all back if I start bulking. Should I lose the fat, then bulk?? Or should I start now, and try to lose the fat later??

Thanks

WC2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why not start a healthy cutting routine?

The cardinal rule of cutting is :

Keep your workout routine the SAME
Change your diet

The whole point is to maintain muscle (which burns fat btw) and drop the fat by eating healthier.

I wouldn't recommend a cardio intense routine to try to show those abs. It's a common misconception. Once you start upping your cardio, you will also be burning muscle which you DON'T want to do.

I'm not big on endorsing products, but one of the best supplements I took while cutting was amino acids. PM me if you want some advice on what product to buy.. theres a lot of BS out there that DOES not work that well.

Other than that, keep lifting hard. I've gone through several stages in trying to cut myself up and keeping your lifting routine up with light cardio and a good diet is by far the way to go (as most who know what they are talking about will tell you).

Good luck

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I am about your height 5''8 and used to bulk up to 180.4 at my heaviest. While I was strong I didn't feel I had great definition, although I did look big in a tank top or tight fitting shirt. I also used to use supplements aswell. I have found that the best weight for abdominal definition to show for myself is probably under 150 pounds. I seldom go over that weight as I don't feel as good and my abdominals show more under that weight. Bulking and cutting are two totally different things you can't do both at the same time. Advertisers may say that in their advertising for various products but they are physiologically two totally different things. If someone tries to tell you can add 15 pounds of muscle while cutting up at the same time be wary of claims like these. You need to view your training as sculpting your body and that doesn't always mean adding more weight to your frame. If you want to see examples of great definition for smaller guys look no further than Floyd Mayweather and boxers, MMA fighters these guys have abs and:up: they are really cut too.