Looks

Kallaz

Don Juan
Reaction score
I need to know how I look, so I know what type of chicks I should attempt to go after. Girls don't really talk to me so I'm pretty sure I'm average or worse.
back in middle school I used to be ribbed for my big nose and forehead. But now in college everyone's "mature" so they won't tell you if you look ugly as fvck. You can comment on face,clothing, should I grow a beard whatever.

I am 5'9, 155 pounds, I workout but I haven't really gotten bigger.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/33/picture004kag.jpg/

Von_S

Don Juan
Reaction score
We kinda need a better pic to see any trouble spots, but part of it might be your wardrobe. You don't have to dress like a prep but maybe update the wardrobe if its been a while. The look of your face has very little to do with how much play you get. Be fit, dress well, become an Alpha and things will turn around.

Mr. Suave

Don Juan
Reaction score
You're black, this means you get a free ticket to "coolness". Get those weird plastic glasses (sunglasses?) with all the slits, learn to dance, and BAM, you will be seen as uber-cool, trust me.

Your clothes are cool.

If it's not you, then I guess don't do it, but you could certainly pull off the "hip-hop" thing.

Kallaz

Don Juan
Reaction score
Domo_Arigatoo said:
Dude what are you worried about you look fine.
What am I worried about? If your attractive don't girls initiate conversations?
Girls don't talk to me at all, Unless I talk to them first and it feels weird as hell to walk up to some random chick on campus and try to get with them.

Mr. Suave said:
You're black, this means you get a free ticket to "coolness". Get those weird plastic glasses (sunglasses?) with all the slits, learn to dance, and BAM, you will be seen as uber-cool, trust me.

Your clothes are cool.

If it's not you, then I guess don't do it, but you could certainly pull off the "hip-hop" thing.
LOL, I think I dress well enough. Heh, I think I can dance pretty well to.
ugh..There's no parties on my campus because of rules, you need a car to get anywhere..freaking sucks. I feel like I'm trapped...I have acquaintances, but we don't really hangout, unless we're working out. and I have no idea on how to get close to any off the girls in my classes.(due to seat arrangements, and waiting too long.)I'm stuck.

Mr. Suave

Don Juan
Reaction score
Kallaz said:
LOL, I think I dress well enough. Heh, I think I can dance pretty well to.
ugh..There's no parties on my campus because of rules, you need a car to get anywhere..freaking sucks. I feel like I'm trapped...I have acquaintances, but we don't really hangout, unless we're working out. and I have no idea on how to get close to any off the girls in my classes.(due to seat arrangements, and waiting too long.)I'm stuck.
Maaaan, sounds like one of my friends, if we hang out all he ever seems to want to do is go to the gym.

Also girls don't often talk to me first either. I've stopped expecting them to just come up to me out of the blue, and accepted I gotta catch their attention myself. When I was in lower high school, girls would talk to me all the time, so I guess with older girls they tend to be more reserved about approaching guys. Either that or I used to be better looking when I was younger (haha).

Anyway, you should learn to drive in my opinion. And with girls in your class? Don't matter if you "waited" too long, start now... Get talking to them.

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Girls don't talk to me at all, Unless I talk to them first and it feels weird as hell to walk up to some random chick on campus and try to get with them.
If you're attractive and a cool guy girls will initiate conversation. They will probably initiate more too.

If you're like the rest of us you have to do the initiating. You need to give some value by being funny, smart, nice, flirting, giving a good conversation, giving great footrubs, SOMETHING. That puts you in with about 75% of us who don't get play on being attractive or cool on our own.

And why do they have to be random? Don't your friends have female friends? Don't you have classes with females? Are there not events and clubs with females in them? In these cases you already have an in to talk about. And that just makes is so much easier.

dixonnormus

Don Juan
Reaction score
Kallaz said:
No. Your the one with the big d*ck so you should initiate. the only thing chicks will do is make it easier for you to initiate. rarely will they go up to you. (maybe its because if they went up to you they would think they were sluts for trying to fuk u)

floydb25

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Girls won't necessarily initiate if you are good-looking. They'll make it much easier for you to do so. They'll look, smile, wave, maybe bump into you. They won't just shrug you off, and act like you don't exist. They'll also be more welcoming and friendly WHEN you initiate. And, they'll reciprocate after you initiate, and start coming to you.

All you have to do is break the thin ice. You generally have to initiate at least once to get things moving. You can't remain completely passive.

Edit: didn't mean to use a sad face. Avoid.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
You're a decent looking dude. Honestly, I'm more concerned about your inner/game confidence.

Maybe it's just the pic, but you look sad/down in that picture. You need to have that upbeat, "I'm getting some b*tches tonight" look instead :up: .

Maybe you were just tired at the time, and I'm reading too much into it. But I would look at that first.

armourknight

Don Juan
Reaction score
Personality comes first, looks later.. Else i would never have been able to date a hot chick !

Kallaz said:
Girls dont Initiate conversations unless and untill u look like "Brad Pitt" or until u are famous enough ! Whats the harm in, u tryin to initiate the conversation?
if girls are not showin interest, it would be only because u are not being interesting enough to them, coz Dude u look cool enough. Be funny, be confident, dominating etc <-develop these personalities first !!

Kallaz

Don Juan
Reaction score
dixonnormus said:
No. Your the one with the big d*ck so you should initiate. the only thing chicks will do is make it easier for you to initiate. rarely will they go up to you. (maybe its because if they went up to you they would think they were sluts for trying to fuk u)

floydb25 said:
Girls won't necessarily initiate if you are good-looking. They'll make it much easier for you to do so. They'll look, smile, wave, maybe bump into you. They won't just shrug you off, and act like you don't exist. They'll also be more welcoming and friendly WHEN you initiate. And, they'll reciprocate after you initiate, and start coming to you.

All you have to do is break the thin ice. You generally have to initiate at least once to get things moving. You can't remain completely passive.

Edit: didn't mean to use a sad face. Avoid.
Ok got it.

Mike32ct said:
You're a decent looking dude. Honestly, I'm more concerned about your inner/game confidence.

Maybe it's just the pic, but you look sad/down in that picture. You need to have that upbeat, "I'm getting some b*tches tonight" look instead :up: .

Maybe you were just tired at the time, and I'm reading too much into it. But I would look at that first.
Unfortunately to have that look I need to believe I can get girls first....Need that Positive thinking.

armourknight said:
Personality comes first, looks later.. Else i would never have been able to date a hot chick !

Girls dont Initiate conversations unless and untill u look like "Brad Pitt" or until u are famous enough ! Whats the harm in, u tryin to initiate the conversation?
if girls are not showin interest, it would be only because u are not being interesting enough to them, coz Dude u look cool enough. Be funny, be confident, dominating etc <-develop these personalities first !!
Working on it.

Thanks for the help guys.
I don't know how long I'm gonna leave this picture up. I'm not comfortable showing myself online.

Hobbs

Don Juan
Reaction score
Update your wardrobe dude, spend the extra bucks for something nice, even if it's just one outfit that cost you quite a bit, it'll go miles.

If you dress well it shows you take care of yourself, that you're popular and that you know what's cool.

That's about as superficial as it gets when you go out, but it's true.
I'd feel less ****ty about banging a fat chick if she was wearing prada haha.

ArcBound

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hobbs said:
Update your wardrobe dude, spend the extra bucks for something nice, even if it's just one outfit that cost you quite a bit, it'll go miles.

If you dress well it shows you take care of yourself, that you're popular and that you know what's cool.

That's about as superficial as it gets when you go out, but it's true.
I'd feel less ****ty about banging a fat chick if she was wearing prada haha.
Would you really?

Borknagar

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't sport the classy look, but I think it looks more fashionable on black dudes, give it a shot, I think my bud Solomon who should be reading this sooner or later would know good fashion tips for black males.

Borknagar

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Can't find any examples at the moment, but if Solo reads this, a good example is like what Tony was wearing Saturday, that was PIMP!

oxford comma

Don Juan
Reaction score
why dont black guys smile in pictures? i hope you're smiling in person when talking to girls though, you don't want to come across as threatening. smiling shows them you are happy and confident.

Kallaz

Don Juan
Reaction score
oxford comma said:
why dont black guys smile in pictures? i hope you're smiling in person when talking to girls though, you don't want to come across as threatening. smiling shows them you are happy and confident.
I was thinking that when I walk around in public from now on, I would have a slight smile on my face.like with the edges of my mouth turned up, but you can barley tell. Is that a good idea?

Someone Much cooler

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
@ the OP you look fine. You on campus, be social w/ everyone. Become the guy to know. Join a club of something your good at. Being black has its pros/cons. since your on campus the cons dont apply. Like someone else said, blacks=cool as far as parties/dancing ect go. College=parties. college is where you should be shining.

Next personally i dress a bit more high end. I like express & polo, but i also do causal too.

@ oxford-its due to social conditioning. Come live where im from & see if its a good idea to walk around w/ a smile on your face. Actually its not jus black men its also black women as well.

Nexus Polaris

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, I cannot even begin to tell you how irrelevant looks are. They are so meaningless that I can't even be bothered to shower anymore some days. Because it has zero impact on how well I do.

The key is this; no matter what you look like, what your life circumstances are, money situation, etc. just OWN it. Don't fake it like you're trying to convince yourself that you're good enough. Literally just stop giving a fvck. Make your life goal everyday when you wake up simply to entertain yourself and enjoy your day. Nothing more. It might sound counter-intuitive, but you'd be amazed at how much of an impact this will have on how women respond to you.

When you're actively trying to seek out women (particularly at the beginning before you get good at it), you'll be constantly putting out this subtle needy vibe that women can sense and will be very turned off by. But when you don't give a sh!t and you're just kind of bouncing around doing whatever you want, women will be drawn to you like moths to a flame because you will appear fun. And women LOVE fun guys.

Change your image if you want, but you really don't need to. I'll put it to you this way. Ten years ago I was a skinny little pretty boy who had all the looks in the world but had no personality to back them up. All it got me was a bunch of initial interest followed by constant rejection once they got to know me. Today I'm fat, bald, and completely indifferent to everything except my own self amusement. And I have to push my friends' girlfriends off me to keep from fvcking up my friendships.