Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

'Looks' vs. phsyique

Leporello

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OK, so there have been plenty of 'looks' threads here lately, but I've got a slightly different questions what matters more, your 'looks' - that is, your natural and inborn attractiveness (hair, jawline, height etc.) vs. your body (muscles, toning).

Obviously the first can only be tweaked while the second can be changed dramatically with enough effort.

my question is: which matters more? and if you have one without the other can you still be considered 'good-looking'?

Chamber36

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Which came first? The chicken or the egg?

RedZone

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Confidence. You can have great looks and an awesome body, but if you don't have the balls to go after what you want it doesn't matter what you possess.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
From an evolutionary point of view what matters the most should be what you have by nature since its what you would pass to your sons most likely but as we know its no always the case.

Just show on mtv how cool skinny fat guys are and sheep minded women will go after them or give them a nanny state to support their madness and they will go after effeminate women that they can manipulate easily.

Anyway what you do of your life is important as well, it shows what you can actually provide and achieve and also that those characteristics can be passed as well.

If I had to choose between having an great genetic and average muscle tone or having an average genetic and a gym built body I would pick the first sincerly.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
If I hear one more person say Confidence I'm going to break something. Try being confident when you have no money, no job and no woman. Confidence means having had succeeded at something (or everything) prior - it's not some altruistic inner state. You don't get something for nothing.

To the OP I heard a hot girl once say "If a guy has a nice body, it doesn't matter if he has a face like a train wreck."

It's about health primarily. If you are unattractive in some way, it's some sign of sub-par health, so get healthier and you'll have looks and physique (and confidence - an emergent property of more important things).

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It all matters, just Don't get caught into the friend zone, else you're fvcked. These guys and gals who may look down upon me cause I'm not apart of their clique (anymore, or never was, doesn't matter), I laugh cause, the guy while he can chit chat and chit chat and talk and talk all he wants to the girl he's always with (not officially gf/bf), you know the tagalong orbiter dude, isn't getting any cause he's too close. You must distance yourself from women. You must be good-looking. You must be fit. Don't go everywhere (shopping etc etc) with women. You must keep your distance in order to fvck em. I didn't get laid this weekend for the first time in months. Still could today, don't know, but I don't really care. You win some, you lose some.

ArcBound

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Leporello said:
OK, so there have been plenty of 'looks' threads here lately, but I've got a slightly different questions what matters more, your 'looks' - that is, your natural and inborn attractiveness (hair, jawline, height etc.) vs. your body (muscles, toning).

Obviously the first can only be tweaked while the second can be changed dramatically with enough effort.

my question is: which matters more? and if you have one without the other can you still be considered 'good-looking'?
They both matter to some degree. But the thing is you can't change your height or jawline without surgery, although you can change your hair.

Whether height matters more than body is irrelevant because you cannot change height, you have what you have. So don't focus on what you can't change and focus on what you can.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
You can absolutely change your jawline - lose weight and do jaw exercises and it becomes chiseled.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bigneil said:
If I hear one more person say Confidence I'm going to break something. Try being confident when you have no money, no job and no woman. Confidence means having had succeeded at something (or everything) prior - it's not some altruistic inner state. You don't get something for nothing.

To the OP I heard a hot girl once say "If a guy has a nice body, it doesn't matter if he has a face like a train wreck."

It's about health primarily. If you are unattractive in some way, it's some sign of sub-par health, so get healthier and you'll have looks and physique (and confidence - an emergent property of more important things).
True, enough with this bvllsh1t of "being more confident", what the fvck does it mean the suggestion you get of "being more confident"?
Is there anyone that decide to be unconfident or someone else that can be confident on demand after deciding its a good thing?

Confidence its muscle on mind, just like muscles on arms are a conseguence of lifting weights and succeding in lifting great rocks, confidence on mind is the direct result of success in many tasks which of those were unreachable to many people therefore prove yourself you're above others and most likely to deal with sh1t that other people cant handle.

To suggest some unconfident guy to act more confident is no different than going to a skinny guy who cant lift a bag and tell him to look more muscular.

bigneil said:
You can absolutely change your jawline - lose weight and do jaw exercises and it becomes chiseled.
Agree as well here, losing weight can turn a chubby face in a masculine one much more than people imagine.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Leporello said:

If your face looks like it imploded, then a little bit of plastic surgery could do wonders. But for most people, they look plenty fine. A little bit of weight loss makes everyone's face look attractive. Not too much. 10-15% BF for men and 15-25% BF for women.

RedZone

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
@Bigneil & @whodareswin: I still think confidence is key. You could look your best, read every theory/suggestion on this subject, and still fail due to lack of confidence. Also, you wouldn't just get confidence, you would have to work on that like anything else.

For example, a doctor just starting out might know every disease in history, but still be uncomfortable at first working in a hospital. After, countless months of training they feel they could tackle any patients problems...cause they worked at it. It's the same for somebody who wants to be a DJ. You work at it, you will get there and gain confidence. Sure, you needs looks too, but confidence is just as important.

drak_ool

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bigneil said:
If I hear one more person say Confidence I'm going to break something.
Thank you! Seriously, "confidence" is not something that you decide to switch on or off. It can fluctuate and external circumstances will affect it. I tend to be defined as over-confident by a lot of people, yet I've experienced times in my life when my confidence was in shambles because of outside circumstances. I absolutely do agree that confidence is key, and it has a lot to do with how you handle yourself, how you walk around, how you look people in the eye, however you do need to be in a stable state of mind yourself before displaying these signs.

To tie this in with the OP's question, an ugly or average face is very difficult to change. However, you are the only master of your physique. By building up your physique, it will do wonders for your self-confidence. I am on a slow road to recovery following a nasty spine injury last year and I've already noticed girls reacting differently to me now at 175lbs than they were at 160lbs. They run their hands on me more, grab my arms and just overall are being way more sexual. Can't wait till I get back to my golden weight of 185lbs!

BigSmooth

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
RedZone said:
@Bigneil & @whodareswin: I still think confidence is key. You could look your best, read every theory/suggestion on this subject, and still fail due to lack of confidence. Also, you wouldn't just get confidence, you would have to work on that like anything else.
Most good-looking people are confident, because they have a reason to be confident about something.

You cannot just go and tell a loser to go and be more confident. He has to build his pedigree up in order for him resonate true confidence, not just pretend like he is the $h!t.

RedZone

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah...That's why I said people have to work on it, like everything else in life.

The LadyKiller

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Unfortunately I think girls lean towards "looks" over physique.

I am not tall (5'8"), but I am built and very athletic. My friends joke that I'm on steroids. The "looks" guys are about 6'0" and are more skinny. Guess which type the girls give more attention to? The "looks" guys. It's not just me - one of my friends played linebacker in college and even he gets less attention than the pretty boys.

And RedZone, while confidence certainly helps, it's such a cop-out and generic answer. Doesn't really help with this topic.

omega05

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can't change your jawbone structure but you can change your hair, clothes, smile/teeth, smell, etc to increase your confidence. How do guys in highschool pull girls with no job or apartment of their own?