Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Looks v Game

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Don Juanabbe
I feel I'm constantly at odds (not as much these days though) between looks and game/attitude.

All my life, I have relied entirely on my looks. That helps, but only so far. I get alot of female attention, walking into places etc., I see women checking me out all the time.

And that's where it always got me - I don't like being the centre of attention. I literally can 'freeze up' at times because of this, like I feel I'm in the spolight and everyone is watching me.

It's a nasty double edged sword at times.
tell me about it...

the only way to get rid of this double edge sword is to avoid being self conscious. problem solved!

but as stated many times in the past, looks get you in the door, to avoid getting slammed in the face, you must have some level of game

Reaction score
Originally posted by Tha Realnezz
There's a differnece betwwen attitude,personality and GAME.

Game is fake..you can be a boring a$$ motherfvcker but if you make a girl laugh,feel attractive and intersting with just your words then you've got her.

Game is what you give her..personality is you.We all know pussies,bullies and wife-beaters who have hot-women.

Why do you think that is?He's obviously a dYck so why is she with him?Cuz he gamed her.He played her.She might snap out of it,she might not who knows..

Now,here's my point you can be good-looking with a boring personality..but have game.

That's why so many players' elevate their game into money-making schemces cuz it's about selling yourself.Getting someone to do something just for the idea of pleasing you.You're basically conning them.

So game over anything really.
You know what Real...there are so many lost young bruthas on this site trying to be something that they are not and learning ways that will only make em look stupid and clownish...you know what I mean.

You need to become the spokesman for young brutha's on this forum and teach em the true way!

I can see some of those goobers now as black as you and I walking up to a girl and saying:

"Pardon me, fair lady...uhhh...My name is ......and I'm sorry ...uhh and you are?...."

In fake deep falsetoo voices. Acting all stiff and crakish.

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

And that's where it always got me - I don't like being the centre of attention. I literally can 'freeze up' at times because of this, like I feel I'm in the spolight and everyone is watching me.

Yeah, definately.

Wacky-1

Don Juan
Reaction score
To tell you the truth guys, I find this thread, amusing.

Looks VERSUS game? It should be Looks + Game. Honestly, everyone can become good looking. A body is a must, and ANY, i mean, ANY guy who sets his mind to it can get a great body. And from what I know, if your body fat % is low, you will have a more defined jaw and cheekbones. Coupled with a hairstyle change etc, you should look quite good, at least raise you up 2 notches or something, from 5 to 7 etc.

If they go hand in hand, it's a killer combination. Just my 2 cents.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Wacky-1
To tell you the truth guys, I find this thread, amusing.

Looks VERSUS game? It should be Looks + Game. Honestly, everyone can become good looking. A body is a must, and ANY, i mean, ANY guy who sets his mind to it can get a great body. And from what I know, if your body fat % is low, you will have a more defined jaw and cheekbones. Coupled with a hairstyle change etc, you should look quite good, at least raise you up 2 notches or something, from 5 to 7 etc.

If they go hand in hand, it's a killer combination. Just my 2 cents.
I couldn't agree more!

Nobody should be relying entirely on their looks or entirely on their game and should never use either as an excuse not to develop the other.

As for looks, I also agree that anyone can improve themselves with the right effort on body, grooming and style. Not everyone can become a model, but as Wacky-1 said, anyone can increase their physical rating.

S0LID

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh, and whoever said that good looks intimidates women, you are damn right. I really need to smile alot otherwise I've noticed women freeze up around me as well. That really screws up my game, as women who get all shy and stuff on me really put me off balance.
Ye, I agree. I'm always told to smile more. I get alot of girls look at me, but I have a kinda serious, misreble face. I think britain is a bit diffrent from the USA.

Matt Rogers

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lol, SOLID, I am exactly the same. I think an awful lot, and this tends to tense up my face and give me a serious expression. I am really trying to work on learning to keep a relaxed easygoing facial expression but it is kinda hard.

Thanks for the stuff on the acne Clooney. I am going on a sunny holiday in March so should be able to get a decent tan then-although I have heard it said that sun exposure makes the red marks go darker.

And yeah, I think everyone should try and do the best they can to improve what they have already got. Obviously you cannot change your natural facial structure and shape of your face that much (other than bringing it out through dieting) and you can only do so much to improve your complexion, but anyone can sculpt a beautiful body and dress well and get a trendy haircut.

I know a very good looking guy who is very shy. A lot of girls think he is arrogant and aloof-and think they have no chance with him. So I think if you are good looking you do have to make more of an effort to make girls feel comfortable and emit an approachable vibe. Does anyone have advice on how to achieve this, as it would help my friend a lot.

S0LID

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sooo many girls have told me i am too good for them, but in clubs it's kinda diffrent, cause I get signals, I still get rejected a fair bit tho :eek:

Matt Rogers

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Solid. Don't worry too much about clubs. I get the impression very few girls are looking to hook up, and most of them have boyfriends and just want some male attention and the ego trip of turning down goodlooking guys. Also as there are usually a lot more men than women, girls can afford to be far pickier than they are in real-life. The only people I know who consistently pull in nightclubs are very good looking and confident, or high status like rugby players. This is an area I worry about, as while I am not model-good looking I am above average, but at clubs I get turned down by girls who quite frankly should be so lucky that they had a chance with me.

david90

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I feel I'm constantly at odds (not as much these days though) between looks and game/attitude.

All my life, I have relied entirely on my looks. That helps, but only so far. I get alot of female attention, walking into places etc., I see women checking me out all the time.

I feel sorry for people who have the looks but are having girl problems. I guess there is two side to every story.

Since u already have the look, your journey to being a dj will be cut in 3/4 unlike me.

Matt Rogers

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, know what you mean david90. The funny thing is that because we assume that good looking men are used to lots of attention, if they are shy, people often think they are just being arrogant and aloof and think they are too good for them. Sort of catch 22 situation.

But yeah, they do have a huge natural advantage, so they have to stop relying on their looks and develop a personality social skills and a life.
Once they do this, they will be unstoppable.

Scought

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
In my experiences looks get you into a situation to speak with a woman, from then on its my personality and charisma.

In my sense I am attractive and get attention and I am fun to talk to and I joke around etc. But my problem is that I assume girls are just being friendly and not making signs. And im really bad at reading signs.

So I have personality and game, I think, when I want to and I am geared up for it. But, other times Im not worried about it and I get signals and they just go over my head. I dont freeze up with girls I just blatantly miss the signs, or dont want to assume she wants me.

I used to be a tad overweight shy from like 14-16 and my first relationship went bad when I was 17.
And so I never want to think a girl has more interest than she does, simply for the fact that I dont want to get disapointed.

Now, I am better looking in-shape, dress well, smart, etc. All I need to do know is understand ******** a little better and be able to take the ball into my court when a woman is obviously willing to play ball.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There are so many good looking guys who just don't flaunt it. They dress and do their hair in a way that hides their sexuality.

There's a lot of talk about overcoming fears on this board, yet one major fear a lot of guys deal with is the fear of embracing their physical appeal and sexuality. They fear wearing clothes that are too flamboyant or "just not me" and they're afraid of dressing in a way that will make them stand out. They're afraid of dressing too smart or looking too dressed up. They're afraid a new look won't suit them, so they dress in a way that feels "safe" and comfortable and that allows them to blend into the crowds.

I believe this attitude towards image also accounts for a number of "nice guy" cases. Cuddly sweatshirts, thick unstyled hair and pleated jeans hardly promote sexuality.

You have to be willing to take a few risks if you hope to unlock the potential of your physical appeal and sexuality.