Looks/money don't matter

MrStabAHo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Joe The Homophobe said:
money doesn't matter? mention to every girl you ask out that you also happen to be broke, see what happens.
Thanks for making my day...:crackup:

The Deacon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
All of these rules can be broken. There are dudes out there pullin chicks that still live in their mothers' basement. In the end, it's all about what the woman feels instead of what your actual assets are. It's kinda like saying a girl wants a man to care about how she feels. It sounds good on paper, but a lot of girls end up sleeping with the jocks that really don't honestly give a fvck about their feelings.

DonJuan11

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Like alot of articles on the site, money matters but more important than money is ambition. It's how you get the money that's important to a girl. Like the Deacon said, it's also how you make her feel. I'm sure most hot girls would rather be with a fun, interesting guy who knows half the city and makes an average salary than a guy who won the lottery but is boring, never goes out, and plays warcraft on Sat night.

ValleyDJing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So now that we have all this research and philosophy on why looks and money don't matter, here's the truth.

Looks matter. Money Matters. The End.

xdreamz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you can definately say that looks/money don't matter, but in the very least it should matter.

calimartin

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think some people have missed the point of my original post.

Explain to me why hockey players land hotter chicks than other athletes IF they make less and are less popular than athletes of other sports? What are the underling factors that separates them all? I know hockey players will land hotter chicks than the average joe, but within the same profession, why the difference.

And, if looks and money matter. How much money does one exactly NEED to land a hot chick? How good looking does one NEED to be?

I am not very good looking or have a lot of money but I get my fair share of good looking girls, for me, what's important is the moment and only that. If you are in the same room as a hot chick, all the forces in the world have brought you in to that situation, so you have a chance, no matter who you are. The fact that she is in your reality means she can be yours.

Proximity is 9/10ths of romance.

chancer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
most of us aren't the top 1%... Besides, a popular athlete is a popular athlete with money. They all get hot chicks.

Anyway, how do i make myself ugly? lol No truth be told, i get more attention when i workout then when i don't. But none the less, i don't have enough girls.

DoctorLW

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This article is completely worthless. I mean, is there anything factual in it at all?

Even assuming this is true, which I don't believe it is, I can come up with a damn good reason why hockey players "might" land hotter chicks than basketball / football players.

First, basketball players tend to be too tall. If you play 3, 4, or 5 in the NBA you are going to be around 6'7 at the very least. So 60% of NBA players are too tall.

In football, do you think DT or OL are attractive people? As a rule of thumb, generally they are not. Now let's take a look at the positions that garner the most attention: QB or LB. I'm pretty sure Tony Romo, Tom Brady, and Brian Urlacher have cleaned up some pretty nice tail that puts the hockey players mentioned in this article to shame.

So let's just throw that out there, despite the fact that I don't even believe this article to have any sense of reality at all. Most importantly, as others have mentioned in this thread, most professional hockey players are still well above the status quo when it comes to money and looks.

Finally, might I point out this was written as Wash U in St Louis? A school where the girls are known to be notoriously ugly? How does the writer even know what attractive girls look like?

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've had chicks look right into my eye and say, "I'm broke." They know it's OK for them to say that and they have no inhibitions about that.

The Bat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think what OP is trying to say is that natural self-confidence trumps all other factors such as looks and money. If you can carry yourself like you own the world and anyone who crosses you will get smashed, just as these hockey players carry themselves, then missing couple of teeth and driving a Toyota won't make you any less desirable.

Mad Manic

Banned
Reaction score
Women are social creatures and go for social status. That's mainly what they go for. Everything else are tools to gain social status. Think about it. Looks, money, height, job, game etc. are all tools for social status. The guys who get girls are the ones percieved as having a high social status.

MM

ChrizZ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mad Manic said:
Women are social creatures and go for social status. That's mainly what they go for. Everything else are tools to gain social status. Think about it. Looks, money, height, job, game etc. are all tools for social status. The guys who get girls are the ones percieved as having a high social status.

MM
I never thought I was gonna say this, but I completely agree with you on this one Mad Maniac.

The more power you have, the more women will flock to you.

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
chancer said:
most of us aren't the top 1%... Besides, a popular athlete is a popular athlete with money. They all get hot chicks.

Anyway, how do i make myself ugly? lol No truth be told, i get more attention when i workout then when i don't. But none the less, i don't have enough girls.
I'm just like you.

I don't have a lot of chicks and people at work tease me hard about it all the time.

F**k women's feelings.

Just a Shot Away

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Bat said:
I think what OP is trying to say is that natural self-confidence trumps all other factors such as looks and money. If you can carry yourself like you own the world and anyone who crosses you will get smashed, just as these hockey players carry themselves, then missing couple of teeth and driving a Toyota won't make you any less desirable.
Agreed.