Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Looking to improve

HughJasolphd

Don Juan
Reaction score
This may be a bit of a long post but to understand the situation I'm in its kinda necessary.
I'm a 27yr old man who is probably here for many of the same reasons you all are; live a more fulfilling life, pick & choose from the women you want, & give back to others struggling.
I find myself in a place in life where the next step to take is not only challenging, but exciting & scary in a lot of ways. My successes with women have varied, but the last 3yrs I've been without anything. I was born with cystic fibrosis & I narrowly escaped a lung transplant, had blood clots, & spent well over a year and a half of that time locked down in a hospital. The friends I thought I had took off, the girls that were in my life hit the road too. I lost my job, & ended up living back home with my mother (who is really not a positive influence on my life, aka bad childhood). I got into working out at a very young age & was into competitive bodybuilding in my teens & early 20s. I used the mental strength I gained from that to get my health together for the most part & today I'm looking the best I have in years (7% bodyfat, pretty jacked, lungs feeling good for the function they operate at).
Over the past 3yrs I've taken the time to try & figure out why I have such low self confidence & why I don't approach girls despite looking better than majority of guys in my area. I think it comes back to childhood conditioning of being told I was always the sick kid who'd never amount to ****, so I always felt like I'd be a bother to women. I've slept with 5 girls, but all have come from navigating friend circles, or messaging girls on Instagram.
I feel like now that I'm healthy I need to make up for lost time. I have immersed myself into the redpill world & just finished "The rational male" & had many aha moments as to why things have unfolded in the manner they have for me. My outlook on women has changed significantly over the past few years as a whole & I realize I don't want a relationship at all, but just want to spin plates & have some fun that I didn't have for a very long time. My social skills have gotten better, but I can't figure out escalating by way of conversation (I have absolutely zero issue going for broke when it comes to getting ass though once I know a girl is interested). I'm also realizing that I get bitter or angry at the way a lot of girls manouver through life & kinda treat me like I'm less than they are (I'll do another post explaining that situation).
Right now I'm still living home as I am still picking up the pieces from all the trauma the hospital **** caused on my wallet. I want to get out there more, but I already feel like I'm fighting those voices of being told I'm worthless & nobody will like the "sick kid" despite looking like a shredded athlete.
I believe ive done some good in reading a lot of books & dissecting what's wrong with me & I'm actively fighting back by being more social..but I still have zero proof that what I'm doing is working in terms of meeting girls. If anything, I'm just a more friendly & fun person to talk to. I've always been super sarcastic with people & playful, but I can't seem to parlay that into flirting. I need help.
I want my life to change & I've hit a point where I'm sick of feeling left out. I'm actively looking for a place of my own (through state housing assistance) to get away from the poisonous environment that my mom inhabits, & I got a job at the gym. I'm also working on getting my PT licenses & am working on writing a book on living & dealing with Cystic Fibrosis.
I know this post is long with a lot to take in, but I figure its a good way to introduce myself to the community & show a little of who I am & where I'm at. I will begin posting regularly here & hope to learn a lot from everyone.
Any help, tips, or questions..send em my way. I'm willing to work hard for whatever it is that will get me on track.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Perhaps a physical activity that involves women would be in order. Maybe crossfit, since you like the gym? I am not a fan, but women seem to like it. I am sure there are other options as well.

HughJasolphd

Don Juan
Reaction score
Perhaps a physical activity that involves women would be in order. Maybe crossfit, since you like the gym? I am not a fan, but women seem to like it. I am sure there are other options as well.
Never been the cross fit type, largely because my gas tank is ****ing awful from all my lung damage from the CF (I only have about 40% lung capacity). I've always been into the heavy lifting & using it as "me time".

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think crossfit is dumb, personally, but it is a good place to meet women into fitness. It doesn't matter so much exactly what you do, just that women are involved. There are sport leagues of all types. Just find something you like. If it pushes your lung capacity, that is good for you, right?

HughJasolphd

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think crossfit is dumb, personally, but it is a good place to meet women into fitness. It doesn't matter so much exactly what you do, just that women are involved. There are sport leagues of all types. Just find something you like. If it pushes your lung capacity, that is good for you, right?
I always get the mental block of feeling like I'm bothering someone if they're at the gym. Typically I don't like talking during my workouts (I'm super zoned in with headphones in) but I know that's just ****ty conditioning playing towards a female narrative of why not to approach them in that setting. I recently met two chicks who work st the tanning place I go to & they're both cool as hell..I talk to them without issue but never push that boundary like I'm supposed to. I've trapped myself into the social media mind frame of dating where I talk to a chick online before I meet them, so coming up with good playful banter is like speaking Chinese to me..which is odd because anyone else & im witty as can be, super jokey, sarcastic, etc. I think it's a pedestal problem..what do you think?

HughJasolphd

Don Juan
Reaction score
Guilt free relaxation bc it's also somewhat productive, love it.
It's my active meditation time. I feel so at peace when I workout, man. It's my hour or two a day thst I feel like I get he chains taken off & just go after it. Such a freeing feeling. I never looked at the gym as a place to meet girls (although it's a good one), I truly utilize it as a place to calm my mind & get work done at the same time