Looking for Job Ideas

mountain

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm in the market for a new job. I'd like a job that is social and isn't 100% indoors sitting at a desk. Does anyone do work that they enjoy and make a decent living at?

Wiesman44

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Financial Representative. At a firm like MetLife, MassMutual....new york life...

I'm in that business, but I'd rather not name the company i work for. 100% commision-based. Most make 100k + after 4 years if they can survive the business. You work for the company, but set your own hours since your on commission. Not at the desk all day long b/c your out meeting clients.

This isn't for 'kiddies' though. I'm 22, and about as young as you'll get and actually get hired. It is sales though, so its not for everyoen.

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
How do you network with potential clients?

Wiesman44

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Its all referral based. After I've sat down with a client for a long time, i say,

Jim, what have u thought about the process thus far ?

he says: i liked it, blah blah blah.

i say: well Jim, in order for me to continue to provide service to you in the future, i need to meet new, successful people like yourself to do business with.

then i either have a list of his neighbors i got through websites and ask him which people i should call, and i'll ask who works 'below him' and who would be good to call.

Then i branch from there.

Mission

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Bartender at a popular bar. Be prepared to sacrifice some night for the big money though.

--Mission

Wiesman44

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mission said:
Bartender at a popular bar. Be prepared to sacrifice some night for the big money though.

--Mission
From what it sounds like, he's in the market for a career, not a job. This is a job.

Bad_Lil'Pixie

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
mountain said:
I'm in the market for a new job. I'd like a job that is social and isn't 100% indoors sitting at a desk. Does anyone do work that they enjoy and make a decent living at?
If you can give a little more detail it may help you get more replies. Do you have a degree? Do you have any career interest or a field you'd like to work in?

I am thinking things like State Trooper, Wildlife Commission, Department of Transportation, Realestate, Outside Sales, Dispatcher, UPS/DSL/FEDEX, postman???

There are tons of areas to research. I do marketing and promotion. Most of my time is in the office (my home) planning an event, then some on-site work, with the public, promoting the product. Fun stuff and it allows me to be a wife first, and working women second! Best of both worlds!

Most states offer an employment website for state, county and city jobs. In Florida it is MyFlorida.com Check with your local Chamber of Commerce and maybe they can direct you to a few large scale advisory sites.

Good luck and congrats in the seach, it is good that you want to reap from a career more then just a paycheck. If you have to work everyday for nearly 50 years, make it something you love.

zergkiller

Don Juan
Reaction score
Jobs, careers and money.

I have all kinds of education. It's almost useless. Formal education either leads you into a job, or at the very best, you can be self employed. Dentists, lawyers etc. fall into this last catagory. If they don't go to work one day, they don't make any money. Owning your own business is better, since you can override your employees, and the business continues even if you aren't there all the time. But the best business to be in is as an investor. You make money while you sleep. You do little or nothing to make money.

Jobs are terrible. A Just Over Broke almost always assures financial failure. My sources say that almost all of the people who turned 65 this year (95%) failed financially. They don't have the money to retire with any dignity at all. They did all the right stuff, too.

Read a book: "Your First Year in Network Marketing" by Mark Yarnell. Read another book "How to Master the Art of Selling" by Tom Hopkins.

Sales is an art that can be mastered. If you couple MLM and direct marketing, you can build a team by teaching other people how to make money and get wealthy yourself.

If you had $100K coming in with no work to do for it, would you go look for a job? Would you go back to college to get your degree?

One last thing: public education taught you to read so that you could continue your education by reading for information. If you don't read, you might as well be illiterate.

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Um, MLM isn't owning your own business. Its just a commission sales job.