Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

look at a woman and get fired

Lost In Translation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"workers on a building site in Queensland must lower their gaze away from women after 7 seconds or face the sack. Watpac Limited has introduced this new code of conduct for its workers. If the gaze isn’t lowered after 7 seconds the worker will face the sack. "

http://www.kittennews.com/cgi-bin/kn_opinion/opinion.pl?topic=999891

and you might find this one interesting as well

the Anti-Don-Juan movement

http://www.thesundaymail.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5936,17299174%255E5001504,00.html

what is the world coming to ?

Lost In Translation :D

**AUSTRALIAN STREET PIMP**

Lost In Translation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"At the Naval Academy, a female midshipman willingly parties with a classmate. Both have broken rules against alcohol and sex in Bancroft Hall, but to escape punishment she accuses him of sexual assault. The male midshipman is threatened with criminal prosecution and dismissal. "

"Scenarios such as this could become commonplace if Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld establishes an Office of the Victim Advocate in the Pentagon. "

http://www.humaneventsonline.com/article.php?id=10220

very interesting article

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Lost In Translation
"workers on a building site in Queensland must lower their gaze away from women after 7 seconds or face the sack. Watpac Limited has introduced this new code of conduct for its workers. If the gaze isn’t lowered after 7 seconds the worker will face the sack. "

and you might find this one interesting as well

the Anti-Don-Juan movement

http://www.thesundaymail.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5936,17299174%255E5001504,00.html

what is the world coming to ?

Just shoot me now.

Hey LIT do you have an extra bedroom down with you? All I'll bring is my girlfriend. We will both pay rent with you. She knows that I was a player but she can finally see who taught her all the moves :p .

Even though I'm sure that Austrailia isn't free of the man hating. It has to be better then what it is over here across the Pacific.

No eye contact? Holy hell! That is what I do! that is who I am. I always eye contact and kino anybody from hugs to shake hands. Whats next? You may not even be in the same room as a woman.

The saddest part about the seven second rule was wrote by a man. I can't wait for their to be a second sexual revolution for males. It is already beginning. We already got the ubersexual.

comic_relief

Lost In Translation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Quote : comic_relief
Just shoot me now.

Hey LIT do you have an extra bedroom down with you? All I'll bring is my girlfriend. We will both pay rent with you. She knows that I was a player but she can finally see who taught her all the moves :p .

Even though I'm sure that Austrailia isn't free of the man hating. It has to be better then what it is over here across the Pacific.

No eye contact? Holy hell! That is what I do! that is who I am. I always eye contact and kino anybody from hugs to shake hands. Whats next? You may not even be in the same room as a woman.

The saddest part about the seven second rule was wrote by a man. I can't wait for their to be a second sexual revolution for males. It is already beginning. We already got the ubersexual.

i got bad news for you comic_relief...

that article... the 7 second rule...

THAT IS QUEENSLAND AUSTRALIA

OneArmDeeJay

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The 7 Second one is a bunch of bull.

Hell they both are.

I like this comment

"I think it's shocking but not as shocking as the fact men need a manual to get what they want," Ms Palmen said.

But it’s ok for them to read cosmo and watch TV and movies invested with Feminism but uh not ok for us MEN to have 1 little book.

Interesting how it’s always a women-saying crap like this. And it’s always some mid age women who hasn’t got any in along time maybe has some few kids or got into a nasty divorce or maybe all of the above. She’s Probably a dyke now. Lol (a lot of tree huggers and animal fanatic right lovers are these kinds of women too)

I bet Ms. Palmen needs her ass cracked big time then she would change her mind about all this.

Guarantee it :D

Just takes the right man of course

:cool:

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As much as I dislike feminism, I doubt this news story is true.

First, Kittennews.com isn't exactly a credible website. Secondly, its link to the Sunday Herald doesn't exist.

2nd, a quick search on Google reveals no real newspapers have covered this story, except for Kittennews.com.

Finally, you'll notice in the comments section, the reporter admits the managing director of Watpac knows of no such policy.

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by diplomatic_lies
As much as I dislike feminism, I doubt this news story is true.

First, Kittennews.com isn't exactly a credible website. Secondly, its link to the Sunday Herald doesn't exist.

2nd, a quick search on Google reveals no real newspapers have covered this story, except for Kittennews.com.

Finally, you'll notice in the comments section, the reporter admits the managing director of Watpac knows of no such policy.
I think that most companies are scared of feminism backlash. Nothing in sexual harassment laws are written in stone, those laws keep changing every year. It takes only one woman to file and claim sexual harrasment and then someone loses their job. Sometimes its justified and other times it is not.

There was a case a few years back in the U.S where there was this coworker who was sending email jokes to his coworkers regarding a topic about men and women. Well one woman found that joke to be offensive and she filled a "sexual harassment suit" and the guy got fired!!

I want to see a guy go to his boss saying " listen I want this woman to be fired! she send me an email with the catagoary "THE TOP TEN REASONS WHY WOMEN ARE BETTER THEN MEN".

The boss would probably laugh at the guy's face and send him back to work as oppose to a woman who's claims would be taken very seriously. Why??? because when a man claims a sexual harassment law suit he is by himself, and when its a woman she has the whole world backing her and believing her.

DjDamage

Lost In Translation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
diplomatic lies :D

http://www.mail-archive.com/wdvltalk-social@wdvltalk-social.org.uk/msg05784.html

website in UK quoting same story and same link at the Australian Newspapers website

the link at the sunday mail newspaper is no longer valid because it has been archived to here

http://www.newstext.com.au/pages/main.asp

and they won't let you search past the last 30 days in the archives unless you pay them

diplomatic_lies

he is not the news reporter that published the story in the newspaper

he is the dude on that website that posted the link on his website

he emailed a huge company about a policy they would be very annoyed has been made public

so they send him an email saying the top dog dosn't know anything about it

ofcourse the top dog has 1000 people under him to do the actual work so he really does have no clue lol

you going to tell me the head CEO of this million dollar building company answered the email and runs the website

no someone at the bottom of the ladder replied to him

NO COMMENT / NO CLUE / FUZZY / NON COMPRENDO

thats what the reply email says

now this company would be paranoid enough

because at the same time

www.ccc.wa.gov.au/files/transcripts/Graham%2520Burkett%2520Hearing%252015032005.pdf+watpac+code+conduct&hl=en]http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:RhMewbgefJcJ:www.ccc.wa.gov.au/files/transcripts...ring%2015032005.pdf+watpac+code+conduct&hl=en[/URL]

their name has come up in comission against corruption

which is probably going to work into my countries ROYAL COMMISION INTRO CORRUPTION INSIDE THE BUILDING INDUSTRY

so they would be $hitting their pants from all angles

15th march 2005 date name comes up in court

Mon, 15 Aug 2005 is uk article web posting date or date of newspaper article ?

Lost In Translation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Article in The Sunday Mail :

WORKMEN ogling at passing women have been warned to lower their eyes after
seven seconds - or face the sack.

Construction workers at a Sunshine Coast building site have been told to
avert their eyes before a look becomes a leer, as part of a strict new
sexual harassment code on a Watpac Ltd site.

"We were told not to look at females for any longer than seven seconds or we

could lose our jobs," a Watpac employee working on the Coolum Beach site
said.

"It was part of the sexual harassment part of the safety induction - I was
pretty shocked they were so strict."

A Builders Labourers Federation Queensland spokesman confirmed the warnings
were part of Watpac inductions on the Coolum Beach site.

"The non-perve policy was detailed during induction procedures on site," the

spokesman said.

"The building industry has really cleaned itself up in the last few years."

Watpac managing director Greg Kempton said he wasn't aware of the
seven-second time limit.

"I'm not familiar with the rule, if there is such a rule, but workers do
need to distinguish between looking and looking for too long," he said.

"Five or seven seconds might be acceptable but anything after that could be
seen as ogling. I think it's a judgment call."

Mr Kempton said workers were informed of Watpac safety and sexual harassment

guide lines during induction proceedings.

The BLF spokesman said the age-old tradition of wolf whistling was also
outlawed on the building site.

"As far as I know there haven't been any sexual harassment complaints,
including wolf whistling, in the last nine years," the spokesman said.

Caloundra resident Courtney Anderson said an occasional wolf whistle didn't
offend her.

The 20-year-old model, who will represent the Sunshine Coast at this year's
Miss Indy competition, said construction site whistles were an Australian
tradition.

"As long as nothing derogatory is being said, I don't mind the odd comment
or whistle when I walk past a work site," Ms Anderson said.

In December 1994, Brisbane woman Rebekah Crow lodged a complaint with the
Anti-Discrimination Commission after workmen whistled and yelled at her near

Sunnybank Plaza shopping centre in Brisbane.

Ms Crow said the men swore at her after she ignored their whistles. The
commission warned the men and ordered one of the companies involved to
distribute sexual harassment kits to workers. The BLF also warned the men.

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Can you provide a direct link to the actual article? All the third party links (ie. blogs) aren't working.

Newstext shows no article with the word "Watpac" in it (you sure its not Westpac? Many blogs/amateur news sites make spelling mistakes)

No decent company would even consider this "law", since it has too many loopholes. What if you're talking to a woman? You have to look at her for more than 10 seconds. Why women, and not men? They can be sued for sexual discrimination here.

Lost In Translation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
http://www.ccc.wa.gov.au/files/transcripts/Graham%20Burkett%20Hearing%2015032005.pdf

http://www.mail-archive.com/wdvltalk-social@wdvltalk-social.org.uk/msg05784.html

all those links work

100% sure it is watpac as named in link 1 on this post

Watpac Limited is company name

their website :

http://www.watpac.com.au/

Australian Stock Exchange Listing :

http://www.asx.com.au/asx/research/CompanyInfoSearchResults.jsp?searchBy=companyName&allinfo=on&asxCode=&companyName=watpac&principalActivity=&industryGroup=NO%20%20%20%20

the actual article from the sunday mail is being archived here :

http://www.newstext.com.au/pages/main.asp

type in watpac and you get nothing

to the side it reads :

This free sample search is restricted to the last 30 days and will return a maximum of 20 document citations. You have to be a subscriber to download full articles, and to access the full database with maximum search functionality.

diplomatic_lies
No decent company would even consider this "law", since it has too many loopholes. What if you're talking to a woman? You have to look at her for more than 10 seconds. Why women, and not men? They can be sued for sexual discrimination here.

i agree with you.

i think because it was a stupid rule it made the local newspaper

my guess is after it was in the paper the company dropped it from their future health and safety inductions courses

especially with the BLF involved

some companies do some crazy stuff and make mistakes

i think it comes back to the woman who tried to sue back in 1994 ( also in queensland damn they must have some f*cked up laws in queensland )

"In December 1994, Brisbane woman Rebekah Crow lodged a complaint with the
Anti-Discrimination Commission after workmen whistled and yelled at her near Sunnybank Plaza shopping centre in Brisbane.
Ms Crow said the men swore at her after she ignored their whistles. The
commission warned the men and ordered one of the companies involved to
distribute sexual harassment kits to workers. The BLF also warned the men.
they were all warned and given sexual harassment kits"
------------------------------

i wonder what is in a sexual harassment kit ?

FRëSHURE

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Lost In Translation
"At the Naval Academy, a female midshipman willingly parties with a classmate. Both have broken rules against alcohol and sex in Bancroft Hall, but to escape punishment she accuses him of sexual assault. The male midshipman is threatened with criminal prosecution and dismissal. "

"Scenarios such as this could become commonplace if Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld establishes an Office of the Victim Advocate in the Pentagon. "

http://www.humaneventsonline.com/article.php?id=10220

very interesting article

Guess those navy boys will have to find some other hole to plunge..

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
However, I will say this - sexual harrassment IS an important workplace issue, both for men and women.

I've actually seen supervisors (2 men, and 1 woman) come onto members of the opposite sex, along with the implicit "If you don't date me, you won't be getting that promotion and payrise".

Personally, I think workplaces should just remove gender from the debate. Doesn't matter whether a man or a woman is at fault; if they commit an act of sexual harrassment, they are guilty.

FRëSHURE

Don Juan
Reaction score
However, I will say this - sexual harrassment IS an important workplace issue, both for men and women.

I've actually seen supervisors (2 men, and 1 woman) come onto members of the opposite sex, along with the implicit "If you don't date me, you won't be getting that promotion and payrise".

Personally, I think workplaces should just remove gender from the debate. Doesn't matter whether a man or a woman is at fault; if they commit an act of sexual harrassment, they are guilty.
in a perfect world.

Take a look at the teacher has sex with student reports of late. A woman teacher has sex with a male student (15), in a recent Australian case, she got 6 months.
If a male teacher has sex with a female student, he gets his *ss handed to him. People will want him to rot for life.

The world isn't equal, there is no use pretending that it will be, let alone could be.

picard

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
why don't we just invite the Taliban here to make the Islam law? at least they aren't hiding behind some BS law about sexual harrasment excuse.

There are plenty of women taking advantage of sexual harrasment law for their personal gains. :down: :down:

seanchai

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyone read the second link in the first post? I guess The Game is a completely different book in Oz, because I didn't read anything in my UK copy that could be construed that way. Fúuuuuck... "victims"? We're not rapists!

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by FRëSHURE
Take a look at the teacher has sex with student reports of late. A woman teacher has sex with a male student (15), in a recent Australian case, she got 6 months.
If a male teacher has sex with a female student, he gets his *ss handed to him. People will want him to rot for life.
That's because when a male student has sex with a female teacher, all the guys go "You go dude!" and "I'd shag her too!".

There is also the implication that men, being stronger than women, can't be victims. Nobody will admit this, but it is true. Men are seen as stronger than women.

In fact, there's a thread on Anything Else about that right now.

FRëSHURE

Don Juan
Reaction score
That's because when a male student has sex with a female teacher, all the guys go "You go dude!" and "I'd shag her too!".

There is also the implication that men, being stronger than women, can't be victims. Nobody will admit this, but it is true. Men are seen as stronger than women.

In fact, there's a thread on Anything Else about that right now.
but how is that right?

if me and my sister both become teachers.

we both sleep with a student aged 15.

i get greater then 10 years in prison, and never teaches again

she gets less then 3 years in prison, and never teaches again

splinterkb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Couldn't you just argue that it was only 6 seconds? How the hell would they honestly know? Are they gonna time you?

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by FRëSHURE
but how is that right?

It's not right, but it's hardwired into our genes.

We see men as stronger, and women as weaker, right? Most DJs here will agree with me.

Now society will wonder, how can strong men become victims? Shouldn't men be strong enough to defend themselves?

As a result, when men are involved in crimes such as rape or sexual harrassment, there is the attitude that "guys can look after themselves", but "women are too fragile and therefor must be victims".

Despite feminism, our basic primitive instincts are still intact.