Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Longevity requires both strength and endurance

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alot of people advocate what Peter Attia has talked about in his book and podcast. Essentially Peter Attia has a goal to be in the top percentiles for strength as well as endurance for his age group because both seem to be predictive of longevity. This essay will discuss it briefly. This is probably a review for most of you.

Strength and Longevity:

• Numerous studies have shown that maintaining or increasing muscle strength is associated with several health benefits, including improved longevity.
  • Sarcopenia, the age-related loss of muscle mass and strength, has been linked to a higher risk of disability, falls, and mortality.
  • Resistance training, which improves muscle strength, can help counteract the loss of muscle mass and functional decline associated with aging.

Cardiovascular Fitness (VO2 max) and Longevity:

• Cardiorespiratory fitness, often measured by VO2 max (the maximum amount of oxygen a person can use during intense exercise), has consistently been associated with longevity.
  • Individuals with higher cardiorespiratory fitness tend to have a lower risk of cardiovascular disease, type 2 diabetes, and all-cause mortality.
  • Regular aerobic exercise, such as running, cycling, and swimming, is an effective way to improve VO2 max and, in turn, enhance cardiovascular fitness.

I've seen studies where grip strength is a good predictor.

To be honest I like doing both.. some of my friends are more one trick ponies.. either running strictly or lifting. I guess we all need to find what we like.

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Correlation isn't causation, not saying you are wrong but we just don't have enough information to understand why the longevity happens currently, could for example be due to regular fasting versus not

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't about you, but if I live long I certainly don't want to be bedridden for years, so getting good stenght and endurance and mobility will be helpfull