Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Long Term Sustainability of MGTOW

logicallefty

Reaction score
I am not MGTOW from the traditional sense as I still date women, still fvck women, have LTRs. But I do consider myself MGTOW because of the "Own Way" part. I go my own way because I no longer take the shaftings from women that society wants me to take. I protect what's dear to me while still getting what I want from women..

That being said, I understand the full MGTOW guys 110%. Those who are totally against women 100% for relationships, work, everything. I GET IT. I also think those guys are somewhat still wanting female companionship but overall are having great lives without any women, traveling, saving lots of money, doing cool hobbies, etc. etc. RIGHT NOW. Right now being the key words.

What happens to MGTOW in 20-40 years. When the 46 year old MGTOW guy having a great life now turns 65 and retires and wants to travel the world, after working his azz off for all those years and finally retiring? Will traveling alone at 65 still be OK? What about 85?? Will being alone in a nursing home day after day after day with nobody coming to see him at 85 while watching his housemates have Christmas with family, will that be OK for him?

This is where I struggle with going fill fledged MGTOW for the rest of my life. Doing things the way I do now I will have a woman to travel the world with at 65. And at 85, it will be a different woman than 65. At 85 I will be b@nging one of the nurses in the nursing home who will spend Christmas with me while pretending to be "working"..

Thoughts?

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I get it, too...and.. I understand the motivation.

BUT....At the end of the day MGTOW is like getting lost in the dark forest with no flashlight, map, or gps/compass...Just a bunch of fools wandering around in the dark.

I guess, getting lost isn't so bad, when you're already lost.

It's like getting shot, only after you're already dead.

Last edited:

Georgepithyou

Banned
Reaction score
Humans are spcial creatures, mgtow ur basically living like a monk.
These guys are so jaded and bitter that they rather be alone

logicallefty

Reaction score
Humans are spcial creatures, mgtow ur basically living like a monk.
These guys are so jaded and bitter that they rather be alone
They are jaded and bitter, and at one time, I posted to SoSuave on being the most jaded and bitter guy on SoSuave and I really believe I was or dang close. But I have sense come to terms with everything. And regarding being alone now, I deal with it. But as I get older, I'm not sure MGTOW would work for me long term. ESPECIALLY after I see my mother who will die in the next few years, my two sisters and my relationships with them, and my daughter who is 16 now and I have a close relationship with but she will be an adult soon.. As we get older, we get better at reading people, but we also want people around slightly more than before. There is also my daughter's 19 year old boyfriend who is family to me. I am the luckiest man alive with a 16 year old daughter with a BF, I really am! My daughter will have more and more of her own life as she gets older and move on from dad.. I hope her and the BF are in for the long haul cuz he is so good to her. Calls her on her female BS and also treats her right, at the same time. But as she progresses with him, where does that put me for having people around?

Just something I am thinking about right now. You guys here on SoSuave are my best answers for things I think about.

Last edited:

Serenity

Reaction score
I will never label myself MGTOW for the obvious reason of immediately being associated with the clowns, but I do support having independent values and ideals to work towards. That doesn't have to be in opposition to all women though. Those who just oppose women in general aren't really going their own way as much as they think, most of their belief system is built around reacting to women after all.

I'm not a fan of modern feminist thought either, I believe it's a huge mistake to base ones belief system around the male and female dichotomy. MGTOW men are reactive towards women, they're not true independent thinkers, they're not going their own way as their way is dictated by being in opposition to women.

It's also ridiculous to see how much time and effort these guys waste talking about women which apparently is supposed to be irrelevant to them. Women are probably on their minds a lot more than for the average guy. Based on that I'm not so sure they have that much time and energy left to actually live an awesome life.

Any man worth anything should have his individual view of the world, but MGTOW is a knee-jerk reaction that lacks individuality within its own group. They've become just another hive mind, a bunch of sheep within an echo chamber built around reacting to women.

The MGTOW movement is the very thing they claim not to be.

BadBoy89

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is where I struggle with going fill fledged MGTOW for the rest of my life. Doing things the way I do now I will have a woman to travel the world with at 65. And at 85, it will be a different woman than 65. At 85 I will be b@nging one of the nurses in the nursing home who will spend Christmas with me while pretending to be "working"..

Thoughts?
What’s the point of worrying about something 20 years down the road? Focus on your competing your goal today and today only.

Look at this way: suppose you meet a 40 year old women you think is worth marrying. After 15 years, she either: dies, cheats, or leaves you. Now you are back in the same position you were 15 years ago, saving you couldn’t meet or have sex with any other woman during that time.

I find the men on this site have very little issues getting sex from woman. Sex is easy to get. Men want what is hard to get from women in 2020; love and companionship. They want women to care, to call them, to cook for them, to travel with them, to be there when they sick. Do not expect this from women in the current climate. Expect if they have use for you, they will contact you. If they have no use for you, you do not exist.

Personally I could not commit to one women, no matter how good of sex she gives.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Given that most couples dont have kids and divorce, being alone at 65 is not gonna happen at mgtows only but at least they will keep the money they worked for meanwhile.

I think mgotw is not only about women; I believe its about life style, laws and society where many mgtows would be glad to be in a relationship if women wouldnt drag the government with them.

You see for women fitting and be part of society is mandatory therefore if you are in a relationship you can forget an introverted life style most of the times.

You would like to stay at home and go to bed early that friday night but she will cry and moan till you take her out, you would like to save but she needs that gadget cause her friends already have it, you would like to take the summer to lift and get ripped but she wants to do go paris.

Many mgtows are not dropping women but what women brings into your life, at least thats my case.

I still date and bang girls but no chance in hell I'll permanently tie my fate with anyone...I'm the kind of guy that if the government starts demanding too much taxes grabs all his stuff and moves abroad.

If we were to live in a libertarian society I would consider to settle down but right now its not my choice.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MGTOW is simply removing influence and pressure that women and women based entities have on his life. In essense making no excuses and taking responsibility for his life.
It doesn't say he doesn't have sex at all. But he takes full responsibility for his life and does what he can to prevent catastrophic consequences from being reliant upon women. He doesn't allow them to devalue or diminish him.

NSX-R

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Considering how much the amount of *****fied males exist out there and also the number is going to increase with each year , in a few years mgtow is going to be seen as something similar to a far far right movement.

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Now, here is the question. What makes one think an LTR with a woman means you won't be "alone" in your old age? Even if she sticks around she might die. Any children you have will have lives of their own to lead.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hugh Hefner first got married in 1989 at the age of 63.
You made a great point but I have to point out...Hef first married in 1949 and divorced ten years later. I believe his first marriage was what, in part, motivated him to reinvent himself.

thinker

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The guys that are completely avoiding any relationships with women are probably going to be really lonely unless they have built up a large social circle through their hobbies, the ones that spin plates will be just fine.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Books keep me company. I understand the need for loving tinder care, the cozy fireplace with another being, and maybe a couple of horses out back of your house. My uncle was married, had the horses, beautiful sweet 2nd wife (first wife died of cancer QUICK in the 80s), but he lost his mind alzheimers in his 60s. He was an elder/deacon in the church. He had people all around him daily/weekly ever since I came into this world. Still, he lost his mind. It was sad. He was a railroad engineer for 35+ years and toward the end he'd ran over a drunk or hobo or something and had to take leave to deal with that psychologically (SEEING it really messed him up). Not sure if that contributed to his mental demise but I think that that's when it started late 50s/early 60s.

My dad had a girlfriend until his death (She was trying to marry him in the hospital; we had her kicked out). She was a witch. Dad had a horrible girlfriend before her who bankrupted him. Before that my mom, divorced him while I was in college. Before that, his first wife, the prom queen and who he'd f'd since 10 years old (he told me). He divorced HER cause she was trying to convert him to her religion after a tornado hit their house taking the roof off. It was one of those end-times religions (Christian).

Everyone in my family has to have a family or people around. I have my co-workers and we are Not stabbing each other in the back all supportive of one another. I guess after my career I'll be pretty fookin lonely, except for my neighbors. However, my neighbors behind me are a married Lesbian couple (younger) who have their new home Very fixed up Very nice now better than anyone else's home on the block. I'll give them that. It puts a fire under me to spruce my house up and I have of late and may hire a landscaper soon after dishing out $3000 for a paint job. I don't like spending money. It would take me a whole month of savings to get that expenditure back, oh well. Gotta keep up with the Jones or muffdivers.

And so, just today I saw my NEW neighbors to the side of me, would you guess it? yes, Fat LESBIAN married couple #2. What the FVCK? I guess you can say "G@y marriage is legal" where I live.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
But I do consider myself MGTOW because of the "Own Way" part.
I also agree with the "own way" part, in that you have to remain focused on your own passions and goals. But I don't consider myself MGTOW. I'm not fond of most labels in general. I also don't consider myself an alpha, beta, PUA, or even a DJ.

As we get older, we get better at reading people, but we also want people around slightly more than before.
As I've gotten older, I would actually say I value solitude more. I don't really want a lot of people around me. But I would say I probably value the people around me more than I used to, I definitely see the value in people.

Men want what is hard to get from women in 2020; love and companionship. They want women to care, to call them, to cook for them, to travel with them, to be there when they sick.
I've always said getting sex was easy (relatively). To have a decent woman actually have some sense of loyalty and care about you? Now that's a feat.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Now, here is the question. What makes one think an LTR with a woman means you won't be "alone" in your old age? Even if she sticks around she might die. Any children you have will have lives of their own to lead.
Even in LTR, remain social. Have people ( men and women ) who are looking forward to your conversation and presense, so if she does die, you already have people that have been considering you the entire time.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Even in LTR, remain social. Have people ( men and women ) who are looking forward to your conversation and presense, so if she does die, you already have people that have been considering you the entire time.
Yeah, one of the major mistakes men make in relationships is that they often drop their support systems (friends, family, etc) and divert that energy toward invest in their mate. This is a lazy way of doing things, just like letting yourself go physically. Then if the mate leaves them or something happens to them, they flounder. One thing women do well is they usually keep support systems intact.