Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Long Term Relationship Forum...

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
There simply is not enough advice, tips and help for people who are in or interested in LTRs.

I'd like to do a tips series on Long Term Relationships for those who are interested in that. I would also be willing to take requests to provide tips about specific issues. However, I also feel that it would be a good idea to keep such tips and advice separate from the other sections. Some might argue that such discussions should go into "Mature Man", but I would have to disagree. Most of the discussion in that section is also geared towards dating, pick ups and more short term pursuits. Those concerned with LTR issues are left weeding through other sections in hopes of finding relevent information and quite often find little, if anything of help.

Having a LTR section would also encourage those with experience on the subject to post advice, tips and information.

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i always hate ideas for more forums but this one could be a good idea, but i can not see it happeining. why not just write a good post on it, if its any good im sure 1 of the moderators wont mind sticking it to the top of the dissucion forum!

EDIT: wow you got a mods approval, i think i will swap from saying i can't see it happenining to it might just happen with a bit of luck!

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For all the forum ideas lately I think this one has the most merit. My friend recently got in a LTR relationship and he just doesn't come here anymore, but if there was a forum dedicated to stuff involving LTR's he just might have.

I give this idea a thumbs up.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It could be interesting if it comes about. I'd be willing to contribute.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
The main reason I believe there should be a separate section for LTR material is because as a rule, either people want mainly that kind of info or they don't want that info at all. To put a bunch of LTR threads in the other sections would bother those who would not be interested in the subject and would take up space otherwise used for the stuff they are interested in. It is also more sensible to keep similar subject matter neatly organized to allow for easier access of the information.

This has been brought up off and on over the time I've been a member here, and I'm guessing the "mature man" forum might have come into existance in part because of the lack of LTR info. However, not all mature men are seeking or in LTRs, so it just doesn't make any kind of rational sense to combine the two into one forum.

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm down. I will contribute some stuff i've experienced (erm.. a lot of short term relationships..haha).

This is a good idea, let's do it.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm behind this idea 100%!

I will argue from my own experience that pickups and LTRs require a completely different understanding. Unfortunately I've seen some really good LTR advice being shouted down by players, PUAs etc who have no relationship experience and don't understand the difference. Nothing against them, but a separate forum would be very useful to a lot of people.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Believe it or not, Doc Love's System is geared toward LTRs.

Dillinger

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think this would be a great addition.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by SuperGigaloDJ
I'm for for it.

A Long-Term relationship is a whole different ball game.

We need it! :cool:
It's not really that different but it's still a good idea.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by Francisco d'Anconia
It's not really that different but it's still a good idea.
I'm surprised you believe that. A successful and quality LTR requires abilities, knowledge and tools that dating and one night stands don't. On top of that, some of the methods used for pick ups run in direct conflict of what is required for a LTR.

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually, if you are exactly the same while picking up ONS and looking for LTR's it isnt much different. When you are a great guy you dont have to change anything for either one.

hacx

Don Juan
Reaction score
so, what are we waiting for?

Borgia

Don Juan
Reaction score
I am all for this idea

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This idea has been brought up numerous times. The "Mature Man" forum was created for those who wanted a 25 and older forum and those who wanted a LTR forum.

Personally, I'm fine with the "Mature Man" forum.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by Desdinova
This idea has been brought up numerous times. The "Mature Man" forum was created for those who wanted a 25 and older forum and those who wanted a LTR forum.

Personally, I'm fine with the "Mature Man" forum.
The Mature Man Forum is not specifically for LTRs AND there are plenty of guys under 25 who are also interested in LTRs. Those who aren't interested in LTRs post in Mature Man and they would probably not want that forum to host all LTR issues because it would compete with the other issues currently being discussed there.

There definitely NEEDS to be a specific area JUST for LTR threads, tips, advice and questions.