"You Can't Argue a Woman Into Liking You"

You made your case like a lawyer. Stable job. Good guy. Ready for something real. All true. All irrelevant.

She weighed your points, nodded along, felt nothing — then fell hard for some tattooed bartender with a motorcycle and a gambling problem.

Logic is where attraction goes to die. The "22 Rules" work a level deeper, on the subconscious switches that decide within minutes whether you register as a MAN or as part of the furniture.

Stop presenting evidence. Start flipping switches.

Read more...

Long Term relationship break

animal crackers

Senior Don Juan
Joined
May 11, 2003
Messages
346
Reaction score
2
Age
41
Location
Project Chicago
Here's the short story...

I have dated this one girl for over a year back in highschool, and now we are both in college. I know that we both love each other, but we are 2.5 hours away. Now at the beginning it was like we were in highschool, and she would call me all the time, and she was the one making all the effort, and that was pretty much how our relationship in highschool was. Now fast forward a month and she is in college now, and has her own social life, but still makes time to call me often.

Well one night she went to a party, and I did something very anti-DJ. When she got home I asked her retarted questions such as, "were the guys there hitting on you" and "do u like them hitting on you" and pretty much sounding like a jealous guy. I then said "fu" to her, and hung up. She called back and asked if i mean it, but after that conversation she said that something changed inside her. It didn't help things that i would occasionally ask her some of those same type of questions later.

She eventually said that she wanted some time to herself to "be more independent" and things were getting kind of tense between us. This last weekend i was trying to get things back to normal, but it was wierd in the fact that i seemed more caring about it than she did.

On sunday I told her that I understand why she reacted that way, and that I was not myself when i said those things to her. I told her I respect the fact she needs a break.

Well I know that I want to be with this girl, but I slipped up and said a bunch of stuff that was VERRRY not like who I am. I sounded jealous and controlling... but what can I do to show her thats not how I am, and that I want things good with us together again?
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

Gipper

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 9, 2001
Messages
889
Reaction score
2
Age
60
Location
Tennessee
Phew. It sucks, but there's not much you can do. You can't put the toothpaste back in the tube, so to speak.

But, the positive thing is, you grew up a little. At 19, you amped up and lost control, but it's understandable at that age.

This may be salvageable, but I doubt it.

Play it cool. Let her call you, and don't bring any of this up again.

Long distance relationship fail at an astronomical rate. Chalk it up to experience, look around at all the beautiful babies around you, and target one (or more) to approach if things go south.

Gipper
 

animal crackers

Senior Don Juan
Joined
May 11, 2003
Messages
346
Reaction score
2
Age
41
Location
Project Chicago
I was thinking of making her a scrapbook of all the good times we've had together, but idk ive never really done anything like that before. Would that be desperate
 

MoveYourAss...

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 11, 2004
Messages
210
Reaction score
8
Location
Europe
what else is there to say ? Gipper is right.

Are you sure you just did this once ?

Play it cool and show her your good (not "nice") side only from now on, and DON'T get desperate or oneitis.

Of course this is difficult in a LDR.

MoveYourA$$... and your brain will follow
 

“The 22 Rules That Turned Me From Invisible to Irresistible With Women… Starting Tonight”

You can skip the expensive cars, the fancy clothes, and the endless gym selfies. Completely unnecessary.

I used to freeze the second a beautiful woman looked my way. Frustrated. Awkward. Watching other guys walk away with the girl while I stood there tongue-tied.

Then I discovered 22 simple rules that rewired my entire dating life. The anxiety vanished. Conversations flowed effortlessly. Women started chasing me for a change.

These rules trigger a woman's subconscious attraction switches. And you can start using them tonight.

Read more...

SageOFAllenAge

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jul 2, 2004
Messages
231
Reaction score
0
Age
43
Originally posted by animal crackers
I was thinking of making her a scrapbook of all the good times we've had together, but idk ive never really done anything like that before. Would that be desperate
Seems AFC'ish.
 

MoveYourAss...

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 11, 2004
Messages
210
Reaction score
8
Location
Europe
ehhm, there actually is 2 more things to say....

1) yes, this book-idea is VERY desperate, oneitis and nice. Sorry, no offence intended, but it even sounds idealistic and a bit naive dreaming to me. But believe me that I have been there, too, maybe even worse...

2) ok, seems you really did a big mistake there. learn from it and laugh about it sooner or later. BUT: If she breaks up just because of this happening once I doubt that its really the point. Maybe this was just the opportunity she (subconsciously) was looking for. I mean, she prob. is your age more or less and thus still experimenting etc. LDR is a VERY difficult thing to do.
 

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
6,620
Reaction score
186
Age
47
Location
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Originally posted by animal crackers
Here's the short story...

I have dated this one girl for over a year back in highschool, and now we are both in college. I know that we both love each other, but we are 2.5 hours away. Now at the beginning it was like we were in highschool, and she would call me all the time, and she was the one making all the effort, and that was pretty much how our relationship in highschool was. Now fast forward a month and she is in college now, and has her own social life, but still makes time to call me often.

Well one night she went to a party, and I did something very anti-DJ. When she got home I asked her retarted questions such as, "were the guys there hitting on you" and "do u like them hitting on you" and pretty much sounding like a jealous guy. I then said "fu" to her, and hung up. She called back and asked if i mean it, but after that conversation she said that something changed inside her. It didn't help things that i would occasionally ask her some of those same type of questions later.

She eventually said that she wanted some time to herself to "be more independent" and things were getting kind of tense between us. This last weekend i was trying to get things back to normal, but it was wierd in the fact that i seemed more caring about it than she did.

On sunday I told her that I understand why she reacted that way, and that I was not myself when i said those things to her. I told her I respect the fact she needs a break.

Well I know that I want to be with this girl, but I slipped up and said a bunch of stuff that was VERRRY not like who I am. I sounded jealous and controlling... but what can I do to show her thats not how I am, and that I want things good with us together again?
Heh...you've placed yourself in a VERY bad situation here. The girl's in college, which means she's going to be in an experimental mindset, being away from home and all. That was offset by the fact that you were such a great guy, but now you've shown your jealous side and all that did was push her away.

I'm sure all her friends are egging her on to meet new people, experience new stuff...and plenty of guys are hitting on her, trying to convince her that you are just holding her back. But by acting jealous and possessive, you've given her something to THINK about that she didn't have before. She'll remember this now every time someone suggests that you might be holding her back.

The scrapbook is an absolutely horrendous idea. It shows that you're desperately worried about her leaving you...which may be overreacting on your part. You know what, you already apologized for overreacting...leave it at that. Own up to your bad decision and don't try to buy your way out of it with little favors. The more you try to compensate, the worse the effect of your slip, the more it seems like you're trying to sell her a false bill-of-goods.

Are you two officially separated now?
 

animal crackers

Senior Don Juan
Joined
May 11, 2003
Messages
346
Reaction score
2
Age
41
Location
Project Chicago
Well last weekend she told me that she couldn't be together with me, but then again we did have sex after she told me that. She said she wants to be more than friends, but less than what we were before.

Also, the jealous retarted questions were strung out through the time period of a few weeks, but that one incident was the start.

On sunday before I left to go back to school I told her that I understand where she is coming from, and that when I was saying those things I wasn't myself. I see girls down here all the time cheating on their boyfriends, and I've had sex with one of them....but that's why i got worried and jealous over her. I told her that I'll always love her, and she cried and then that was it.
 

NewMan

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 29, 2003
Messages
2,406
Reaction score
16
Location
Los Angeles
Ok - stop calling her. Let her call you.

Still see her when you are close by - but cut the jealous BS.

Move on in your mind and find other women. That will be the key to your success.

If you can move on emotionally and mentally - you will be in a much better situation.
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

Top