Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Long term effects of energy drinks?

Reaction score
I'm a busy guy these days and am in school 24 some hours a week and work 40+ hours Fri-Sun so between that and studying on top of that I've been drinking a lot of Blue Monsters lately. That's the "Lo-Carb" and sugar-free version. I'm talking like 2-3 of these a day, every day.

Anyone know if I am I looking at any serious long term effects here? I think the heavy amount of sucralose (Splenda) might not be too good, but other than that I can't really find anything on the label that sounds harmful.

HandyAndy

Banned
Reaction score
Energy drinks have artificial sweeteners like as Aspartame, Succrolose, and these (i heard) were toxic

long term effects:

hmmm, you can get addicted, thats not good

aspartame is bad for you

thats all i know...sorry :p lulz

*yoshi noise*

Crazy Asian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
haha i've been running on monsters too.
i got the orange kind.
i drink 1-2 a day during weekdays cause i get like 3 hours of sleep a day

Reaction score
Well you're 16 so you can put pretty much anything into your body and be fine...but just so you know, the orange one is loaded with sugar and carbs.

As far as the artificial sweeteners goes, I also heard that they can be just as bad for you, but that's too vague for me to stop drinking them, ya know?

Nivre

Don Juan
Reaction score
Overdose of anything won't do you any good. That's what i think

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What's wrong with water and a good nights sleep?

If I have an exam on wednesday, I'll stay up late on monday night and cram, when I do that I usually hit back 4-6 Monsters over the night to keep me alert.. Of course energy drinks aren't particularly good for you, that should be obvious regardless of what the fine print on the can says. Stick to water, whole milk, and teas. If you need to spike your insulin to keep yourself awake then there's a lifestyle problem that should be addressed..

Also it depends on your goals... If you're trying to bench 2xbodyweight or trying to have a somewhat muscular physique in the near future, then the answer is pretty clear. On the other hand, if you don't care what you look like or how healthy you are then by all means hit back those energy drinks regularly and then stop by Burger King to wash them down with a big mac and large fries.

I'm not one to talk though, I had an energy drink not 1 hour ago :D I always get suckered in to drinking **** when I'm out at the bar.

alphamailman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sitting rinside @ the AFC Lightweight Championship
You can caffeine overdose easier than drinking coffee. Don't drink alcohol & energy drinks combined, the people we found in our study actually performed worse on driving tests/perception tests then those that just consumed alcohol. I'm doing research at my school for the campus alcohol abuse center and the guy I'm working for is considering doing a lot more research on energy drinks both long-term and short. You can look up the caffeine contents here: www.energyfiend.com/the-caffeine-database

procanto

Banned
Reaction score
Most energy drinks are loaded with caffeine. One Red Bull for example has as much sugar as 5 cans of Pepsi. I know of a guy in college that drank so much Red Bull that he developed Diabeties. This is possible. Migraines and addiction can develop from drinking these too often. The reason energy give you energy is not from the vitamins like they lead you to believe on their labels. The energy comes from the high amount of sugar and caffeine. That is why after it wears off you have this "crash" where you feel even more tired. That is a sugar crash. There are a few energy drinks out there that actually have a very high amount of B Vitamins and little to no sugar. If you drink any at all, I would recommend these.