Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Long(ish) distance dating

disfunktional

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey,

Interested to hear you views on long distance dating. Well, I'm talking about a woman who is in a different town/city, and say you would have to travel over an hour to get there.

Do you stick to women in your local area? Would you say that long distance dating is AFC behaviour? Based on the fact that you could potentially date women in your local area and not have to travel so far.

df

P.S of course, she would have to travel to you sometimes also.

Victory Unlimited

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yo Troops!

Confining yourself to only "meeting" women who live 15 minutes away from you is not necessarily a good thing. Why? Because who can say "where" you'll meet an ideal woman.

As a rule, we know very little about women at the outset, whether they are next door or in the next county. Getting to know a chick is ALWAYS a process that takes time AND PROXIMITY.

If this is somebody that you're interested in beyond just a casual acquaintance though, it's only a matter of time before the disance becomes an issue. Then you are faced with the decision of how far you wanna take the relationship. When that happens, somebody will have to choose to move closer to the other.This is when the Long Distance Romancer has to either piss or get off the pot. lol

Many say don't even entertain the idea of dating a woman outside of a 30 minute drive radius. And I understand why they say this too. They say it to protect guys from blowing the woman's good traits up to idealized proportions. And he does this because he has so much time and opportunity to ROMANTICIZE her than he does actually RELATING to her.

They also say this to prevent a guy from overlooking local prospects that may be just as good, or possibly better than his LDR girl. And they also say this to save the guy all the time, heartache, jealousy, etc. that may be a result of living so far away from his girl.

And these are ALL valid arguments. And many will run to the premature condemnation of accusing the guy of having a SCARCITY MENTALITY. But this is not ALWAYS the case.

There are guys out here who actually have a pretty good handle on what they want in a potential relationship. And as a result, they are wisely unwilling to simply write a chick off just because her living distance is not quite optimal----YET.

As a rule, I DO believe it's best to avoid these types of LDR situations. But there ARE exceptions to every rule that a mature person with an adequate amount of self-knowledge should take into account. There are certain X-Factors that come into play when a guy meets a girl who lives "out of town".

What if she lives ONLY one hour away and the drive is no big deal for either of you? I say keep your other options open, but explore THIS one too.

What if she's only going to live this far away from you temporarily, and she is indeed going to be moving to your town in a SET amount of time in the near future-----like in 3 months or so? I say keep your other options open, but explore THIS one too.

What if she's the BEST chick you've met in a long time and her interest level from the very beginning is causing HER to travel more to see YOU than the other way around? I say keep your other options open, but explore THIS one too.

And what if YOU have a career that gives you the luxury of relocating nearer to her if you ever decided that that was a good move for YOU overall anyway? I say keep your other options open, but explore THIS one too.

Now having said all that, let me leave you with this caveat as well:

Long distance dating only works for a LIMITED period of time. At some point, someone has to make the decision that the other person is WORTH closing the distance FOR. And therein lies the risks inherent in that particular type of dating situation...

March on.

Last edited:

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One hour is local. Two hours can even be considered local. The only issue down the road could be if you and her both have jobs at places in which it would be an issue to quit and move. But if a woman is to become a homemaker for a while, it would not be an issue.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fifteen minute travel time is a little too short for me. Distances that close you are susceptible to run into each other at random (possibly inopportune times). An hour can be too long at times especially if you want her to do her share of traveling too. Plus it's a bit rough to justify traveling about 50 miles for a woman especially if you're spinning plates who live closer. Somewhere in between is a happy medium.

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She lives 1 hour away. However, does she work near you? Does she goes to school near you? Those are my other questions.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One hour? It all depends on who's doing the driving. If you're accommodating her exclusively by being the only one doing the driving, then you're not spinning enough plates in your own area. If she's coming out to you exclusively or you meet up 50/50 I'd say she might be worth spinning for a bit.

That said, 99% of guys asking this question are looking for affirmation for being the chump who's doing all the driving to bang one girl's pvssy.

grinder

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why make it harder on yourself? No, the pvssy is NOT sweeter on the other side of the fence. Auto-Mindfvck.

disfunktional

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's not any specific current situation. In the recent past I had opportunities with a woman 50 miles away and one 80 miles away. I was into both and they had high IL in me, though I was much more into the 80 miler than the 50 miler. Anway, I decided not to pursue them seeing as it was such distances and would have to be 'weekenders' which would encroach on my social time more than I'd like. Probably some laziness in it also.

I had thoughts about whether I'd been too harsh and should have given it more of a try. Hence I was just interested to see what everyone elses views were on the matter. Seemed an interesting topic of discussion, and by the looks of it one that has differing views.

df