Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

London

Stud

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A couple of my friends are going to be in Europe this summer doing some work for college, but on the way home, theyre going to stop in london for about a week or so to take in the sights and whatnot. I'm going to want to go to the pubs and party scene for a little, but I also want to see some of the historical/interesting sights. My budget will be moderate, that is, enough to have a good time, but this definetly is not a 4 star affair.

Americans, have you ever been to London? Is it worth going over there? Did you have fun? What sights would you recommend going to? What troubles did you have? Any other general information you think is pertinent for me to have when considering booking a trip over there?

Londoners, What are the cool places to go? What are the cool places tourists usually don't get to? Do you think your city is worth visiting, why? Any other information you could pitch in?

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
stud, if you have the chance to go to london, take it. you dont need 4 star accomodations to have a great time and thats why you need to go. so many people talk about getting away and backpacking thru europe after graduating high school because its such a great learning experience and because is possible.
ever see passport to europe with samantha brown?? she shows all kinds of things to do and see, and gives you great tips.
things are more expensive there, so dont blow all your cash too fast.

Don Juan Montoya

Don Juan
Reaction score
Travel as much as you can when you are young. I have been to London several times & they are lots of touristy things to do. Go on the double decker tour bus & hit some pubs. Bring alot of $$$. The u.s. dollar is 2:1 to the pound....

Cash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes bring some doe when you stop by this shíthole. Ya gonna need it.

Adone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don Juan Montoya said:
Bring alot of $$$. The u.s. dollar is 2:1 to the pound....

Doesn't necessarily mean that prices are higher than America. When I went to England, the Italian Lira was 3000:1 (seriously) to the pound, yet a lot of stuff was cheaper.

doctoroxygen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Prices are much higher in the UK, about on the order of 2:1.

Stud

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Good comments guys. More specifically, what are some sites you've been to or want to see?

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Personally, I hated London! Cold, depressing, grey, people are depressed, always rainy.

Stud

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
interesting observation clooney. I think i'm going to go anyways, i'd be silly not to take this oppurtunity, i've never left the US. Clooney, are you an American or what? Was it just a culture clash that made you dislike the people? I take it you visited sometime during the winter to have the adverse weather you described. If you had to do it again, what steps would you take to make sure you had a better trip?

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Stud said:
interesting observation clooney. I think i'm going to go anyways, i'd be silly not to take this oppurtunity, i've never left the US. Clooney, are you an American or what? Was it just a culture clash that made you dislike the people? I take it you visited sometime during the winter to have the adverse weather you described. If you had to do it again, what steps would you take to make sure you had a better trip?
Stud, definatley take the opportunity, you can take a 3 hour (I think it is) fast train to Paris also, an AWESOME city!!!!! There is a buzz and a vibe about being there.

I am an Australian, but I have lived in multiple places around the world, and visited well in excess of 30 different countries.

Yeah, it probably was a culture clash, but Londoners are worse than the English up north. They seem rude, bad service, and just generally depressed. Where in Australia, people are more upbeat, friendly, and Sunshine is seen in abundance!

I was actually there in Summer, for quiet a while, and it rained every day. It was warm, but it still rains a lot! The buildings are grey, the sky is grey, the road is grey, the Thames (that how you spell it, anyways the River running through the centre of the city), is grey, the people (at least their attitude) are grey! No offence Londoners! I love your football though, thats the brightest part of their culture!

A few sites to see, the London Dungeon (this is the trail of Jack the Ripper) is cool, but a bit overrated! The Red topless buses are a cool way to just have a quick look around, but their not fun. The Tower of London (this is a castle there right near the London Bridge) is awesome! This is where the crown jules are, and is definately worth a look. Still intact, and looks incredible! Do a tour of it though, you will learn a heap!!!!

I think its the Brittish Museum (this is interesting, and the Mummy of Cleopatra is there), she is damn small! The London eye is ok, you can see 40kms in every direction from there. And the Brittish war museum is good also, they have an exact replica of an Atom bomb there, which is pretty cool to see. While you are in London, you can also do a daytrip to Stonehenge, which is great to see and a good day out. Shakespears theatre is a waste of time, at least I thought so. Might have a few of the names of these sights slightly wrong, but I think their all right. Oh and Buckingham palace is a waste of time also!

Hope this helps Stud, just go and enjoy it. Will be a great experience!

( . )( . )

Banned
Reaction score
I just got back and fuggin loved it, totally different breed of people they also party hard and their music tastes in general sh!t all over ours.

And the chicks?.... around London all hot and lonely as fvck as they train it back and forwards in that dreary weather, and the accents are holy sh!t !!! Say that again you hot piece of crumpet.

Costs an arm and a leg but so save up, or better yet work. Also coke and and pills are unbelievably cheap.

Brixton academy New years OH YEAH!

Cant wait to go back.

Mr.Fantastic

Don Juan
Reaction score
( . )( . ) said:
I just got back and fuggin loved it, totally different breed of people they also party hard and their music tastes in general sh!t all over ours.

And the chicks?.... around London all hot and lonely as fvck as they train it back and forwards in that dreary weather, and the accents are holy sh!t !!! Say that again you hot piece of crumpet.

Costs an arm and a leg but so save up, or better yet work. Also coke and and pills are unbelievably cheap.

Brixton academy New years OH YEAH!

Cant wait to go back.

was that sarcasm?...............

TheMainMan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Was in London on tuesday, what a ****ing mad place it is!

I'm from Manchester and well its only 2hours a away but a different place altogether.

A lot of people say its unfriendly there compare to the north but I disagree. Theres so many foreigners and such a buzz about the place that its hard not to enjoy the place. If you can't have a good time there you must be one boring sod.

But for the Americans here I think you would find it expensive at 2 dollars to the pound. Its expensive for me from the same country.

Nonetheless, for a few week trip you would f*cking love it.