Why "Whatever You Want" Keeps You Single

She says the movie looks dumb; you suddenly agree. She tests you with a little attitude; you apologize for nothing.

You think you're being easy to get along with. She reads something else entirely: a man with no edges. Nothing to hold on to. No friction, no tension, no reason to wonder what he really thinks.

The "22 Rules" taught me to push back — playfully, calmly, without needing her approval. Strange things happened after that.

Read more...

Live let Live, Die let Die: Love into Infinity

Smooth as Anything

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 21, 2002
Messages
1,230
Reaction score
0
Stop looking for love… your one, true love, the most majestic beautiful creature exists… Nothing else does, though. I’m speaking to myself, aren’t I?
…aren’t I?

Your love exists within a blade of grass… in the tears you cried when your dog passed away… your love exists in the only place it ever has… where your dreams come true and irrationality is rational.

Looking for love in all the wrong places… In girls who don’t know what love is… In sex, drugs and money. Love is not a $300 pair of Sandals… Nor is it the most beautiful girl you’ve ever seen…

Take a deep breath and smile… None of this is real, anyway. You’ve been given this chance… look what you’ve done with it! The Earth is green my friends, but only for so long.

You can trust the one you love… you’ll always be forced to live with that love… for if it is true – once it is sparked: it will never go out.

No more standards… No more boundaries… Realize what it is we’re here for, and cry. Cry tears of misogynistic joy. It’s time.

The beliefs you prescribe to… the false thoughts and trivial reality we all take so much time to perfect. The shoes you wear, the way you shape your hair… Those things are so much more important than you think… We are all artists, paint everything you see…

Paint yourself… be it with a t-shirt or a blazer or with finger-paints. Paint yourself.

Paint the world… be it with a smile, a laugh, or a kiss. Paint everyone, paint the world.

Never feel bad, ever again… Love is in the air… Look at the sky… beautiful, isn’t it?

Love the world… it can be so difficult – for it is so cruel… but that must never stop you… love the world for its beauty… its love… its overwhelming compassion… So many love you… they don’t even realize it, though.

Your one true love is yourself… You are all you can trust: you are all you will die with… But isn’t that wonderful? Look at your canvas, friend, look at all the paints you’ve been given! How can you be depressed? You painted your own picture, and you can always paint over it. You can always paint over it.

Things happen for a reason… embrace life as the curved persuasive touch from a stranger. Embrace love with love.

The hells we are living in are so great, if you stop for a moment and realize how truly wonderful they are. There is no sense in feeling depressed. Will you die tomorrow? No. but you will someday. Live it up.

Don’t lie to me… No one lives their life like they may die the next… We live a life of a consequence… consequence dictates our course of action. We cannot live expecting to die the next day, and accomplish anything. We must think in the long-term but love in the short.

Don’t set goals… set desires. What you want yourself to do is different than what you want to do. There is no use in doing anything you don’t want to do… Ever.

All your friends leave you… your family shuns you… tornado warnings all across the county… Your love is still within you… your love will never leave.

The day you die is the day your love will be set free. We can do no wrong.

We look for love in all the wrong places… and that is why we get attached… We want to love someone so we can love ourselves. We set requirements… that we must reach a certain number of women, or dollars and cents, or grades – before we can learn ourselves.

It was a logical idea at first: but dead wrong.

Love yourself, and show it. Nothing else matters. What you want is a woman to love, but you must let that go… Take that emotion and put it towards yourself. Make yourself beautiful. Do it with that paint… Sculpt your canvas with weights and bikes and paint it with clothes.

Love yourself first… Paint everyone else… don’t love them, but paint them… That is to say: your canvas has been given to you… you cannot sculpt that canvas… but the message; the ideas; the love – you paint that. You create it.

Create it today.
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 30, 2003
Messages
1,633
Reaction score
1
Originally posted by Smooth as Anything
You painted your own picture, and you can always paint over it. You can always paint over it.
But sometimes to get what you desire, you must let it dry.

Here is my question Smooth...

Shall I live my life alone with the love I have for myself or shall I open myself up to a whole new experience filled with immense love and joy but inevitable pain? Shall I stay in the middle or shall I stray from side to side... from glee to sorrow... For in the world I live in, I spend more time in glee with a faint due to sorrow...

Embrace those around you... You are bound to get hurt but should that stop you?
 

Smooth as Anything

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 21, 2002
Messages
1,230
Reaction score
0
Re: Re: Live let Live, Die let Die: Love into Infinity

Originally posted by LikRetsam
But sometimes to get what you desire, you must let it dry.

I disagree...

Here is my question Smooth...

Shall I live my life alone with the love I have for myself or shall I open myself up to a whole new experience filled with immense love and joy but inevitable pain?


Learn to love with or without... Realize that no single individual is unique or special... Ask yourself if you beleive there is another person out there, exactly, EXACTLY, like the person you're thinking of... If you think he or she is the one and only... you're deceiving yourself.


Shall I stay in the middle or shall I stray from side to side... from glee to sorrow... For in the world I live in, I spend more time in glee with a faint due to sorrow...

Embrace those around you... You are bound to get hurt but should that stop you?


Pain is weakness leaving the body.
 

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 30, 2003
Messages
1,633
Reaction score
1
The basic rules of physics. It all depends on the referential. I won't argue, I haven't met every human being on earth and I do not ignore the possibilities of people not being unique. Depending on their entourage and their upbringing, everyone can be different. But moot point.

Chick A maybe be exactly like chick B on the other side of the planet, but chick A is speacial to me.

I'm willing to take that risk. It may be that loving myself fully is in fact a safer route but...

Calvin Coolidge
Those who trust to chance must abide by the results of chance.

The faint chance that I may find someone who can truly rock my world is motivation enough for me to risk losing it all.
 

Smooth as Anything

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 21, 2002
Messages
1,230
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by LikRetsam
The faint chance that I may find someone who can truly rock my world is motivation enough for me to risk losing it all.
Why do you bother wasting my time with your questions when you seem to come to your own conclusions anyway? ;)
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 30, 2003
Messages
1,633
Reaction score
1
:D

So that I may give my opinion, in relevance to your post, and have you give me your opinion. You gave one side of the story, but never explained why.
 

Beatflux

Don Juan
Joined
Aug 4, 2002
Messages
103
Reaction score
0
Location
Aurora, CO, USA
Your spirit is admirable.
 

Ballistik

Don Juan
Joined
May 6, 2004
Messages
126
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
Alexandria, VA
Yeah, Lik's got a lot more of my philosophy than Smooth. Though I will say every once in a while I feel like flicking the world off....
 

NRM

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 6, 2004
Messages
563
Reaction score
0
Smooth is just putting up his own good opinion and the stuff he writes is true. I don't think he needs to explain why, all of you can put your own reasons as to why in your own head instead of questioning him. If you want to give your opinion, give it, but you don't have to pressure him with some philosophical bullshit. I think it was a good post.

It is all about self-improvement, so I don't see why there needs to be an argument over it.
 

Zoso

Don Juan
Joined
May 8, 2003
Messages
130
Reaction score
0
Location
Zoso
I like this post. The whole painting analogy actually occurred to me the other day. Our life is our great masterpiece, and we should focus on always creating, recreating, and improving it.

I also like the idea of a carefree and innocent love of life, love of the good and the bad without anger or spite. This is the love of life I have been trying to adopt in myself. Thanks for the inspiration.
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

Top