Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Literature

phillies

Banned
Reaction score
Would you agree that those who control literature control or at least have an extreme influence on what/ how people think?

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I thought this was going to be a thread discussing great literature, lol. That'd be a welcome change from all the political threads.

Who is it that really "controls" literature? The government? It can only do so much. Did you know that prisoners of conscience in England during WWI secretly circulated newsletters to one another that were written on squares of toilet paper?

Controlling information has always been an aim of authorities, for the very reason you posit: literature influences what and how people think. It spreads ideas.

phillies

Banned
Reaction score
I thought this was going to be a thread discussing great literature, lol. That'd be a welcome change from all the political threads.

Who is it that really "controls" literature? The government? It can only do so much. Did you know that prisoners of conscience in England during WWI secretly circulated newsletters to one another that were written on squares of toilet paper?

Controlling information has always been an aim of authorities, for the very reason you posit: literature influences what and how people think. It spreads ideas.
I don't think the government controls it. I think it's privately owned.