Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

List your business case study here to benefit everyone

evan12

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is improvement of thread " To 10 businesses under 10K ".
I noticed everytime we read such list of businesses that are under X or Y$ we end up not doing anything , simply because there is no details, for example only saying "Handy man " or "Copy writer" will not be helpful as no details how can you find clients or how to execute it. So lets do it different way if you are knowledgeable in some business write the following :
  • What kind of business is ?
  • What is its business model ?
  • Profit margin and expected revenue ?
  • How to get customers or clients and what marketing method you use ?
  • Starting cost ?
  • Ongoing costs ?

I ll start myself :

• What kind of business is ? Web Development
  • What is its business model ? Develop online presence to businesses to help them getting known and have more customers , it also include web marketing. You can either charge people one time or on subscription based
  • Profit margin and expected revenue ? profit margin 40% , and expected revenue if you start getting customer is 3-7K per month (this vary a lot but assuming you are not idle neither you are busy and you are one person business plus some part time contractors overseas
  • How to get customers or clients and what marketing method you use ? Word of mouth and relationships are the best, then SEO , adword however price per click for webdesign companies is getting steeped up to 50$ in some large cities, so it can be really costly to market.
  • Starting cost ? Assuming you know how to build your website , the cost will be less than 3K which include some printing materials , some paid advertising, some upgrades to your PC , etc
  • Ongoing costs ? Office space + some regular payments to be in community publications , some paid advertising if you want to hit the market strong .
Please note , this is one person business case study, and I assume no full time employee there. Some Web design companies make millions annually , and some do nothing , however we assume you are managing to get customers.
Ask any question you have here about Web Design (business wise )

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
Profit margin should not be lower then 35% otherwise its unsustainable.

Another point that many fail to include is operational cost.

Operational cost = salary, rent, bonus, electricity, fuel, depreciation (this is important to add in), etc.

Operating revenue - operating cost = revenue before tax.

switch7

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is improvement of thread " To 10 businesses under 10K ".
I noticed everytime we read such list of businesses that are under X or Y$ we end up not doing anything , simply because there is no details, for example only saying "Handy man " or "Copy writer" will not be helpful as no details how can you find clients or how to execute it. So lets do it different way if you are knowledgeable in some business write the following :
  • What kind of business is ?
  • What is its business model ?
  • Profit margin and expected revenue ?
  • How to get customers or clients and what marketing method you use ?
  • Starting cost ?
  • Ongoing costs ?
I ll start myself :

• What kind of business is ? Web Development
  • What is its business model ? Develop online presence to businesses to help them getting known and have more customers , it also include web marketing. You can either charge people one time or on subscription based
  • Profit margin and expected revenue ? profit margin 40% , and expected revenue if you start getting customer is 3-7K per month (this vary a lot but assuming you are not idle neither you are busy and you are one person business plus some part time contractors overseas
  • How to get customers or clients and what marketing method you use ? Word of mouth and relationships are the best, then SEO , adword however price per click for webdesign companies is getting steeped up to 50$ in some large cities, so it can be really costly to market.
  • Starting cost ? Assuming you know how to build your website , the cost will be less than 3K which include some printing materials , some paid advertising, some upgrades to your PC , etc
  • Ongoing costs ? Office space + some regular payments to be in community publications , some paid advertising if you want to hit the market strong .
Please note , this is one person business case study, and I assume no full time employee there. Some Web design companies make millions annually , and some do nothing , however we assume you are managing to get customers.
Ask any question you have here about Web Design (business wise )
What stack do you use for web dev?

evan12

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Profit margin should not be lower then 35% otherwise its unsustainable.

Another point that many fail to include is operational cost.

Operational cost = salary, rent, bonus, electricity, fuel, depreciation (this is important to add in), etc.

Operating revenue - operating cost = revenue before tax.
Software business can have high profit margins , some subscription based businesses can reach 60 or 70 % , however omce company grow more the margins decrease since competition rise and number of employees increase .
Also listed the on going costs but assuming no full time employee used but freelancers or task by task based workers

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
Software business can have high profit margins , some subscription based businesses can reach 60 or 70 % , however omce company grow more the margins decrease since competition rise and number of employees increase .
Also listed the on going costs but assuming no full time employee used but freelancers or task by task based workers
I'm talking abt normal small businesses.

Software is highly subjective, nowadays it's more towards creating a need for herds of sheep minded people.

Profits could go astronomically high.

switch7

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For regular websites WordPress previously Joomla
are you using wordpress as a backend and creating a bespoke front ends or doing everything through wordpress?

evan12

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
are you using wordpress as a backend and creating a bespoke front ends or doing everything through wordpress?
Wordpress is Content Management System open source script that can be used to customize websites , so yes it is backend and front end .
You can use it for customers who are not willing to pay a lot and only want a website to fill their basic business need.

My experience is in Microsoft stack (C# , MSSQL , MVC) beside angualr for front end, however to build something for basic customers with this technology, and from scratch it is very costly and you will be trying to kill bug by machine gun. it is left for people who want custom applications which are the next tear.

I think he's talking about cloud services
I think he is talking about popular social media applications, however these applications are few and monopolized by already established corporations, they are the dream of many software startups , but very very few can reach that success , however there are other branches of software that can be more profitable like B2B software and enterprise software . they are less monopolized and everyone can get some.