Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Linux in 2020

backseatjuan

Banned
Reaction score
Check it out, I decided to update reinstall from scratch basically windows on my main laptop, I was using windows 7. I installed Windows 10, because boys it’s 2020, we getting old, time for new tech. Well I dual booted with Fedora 30 and later Fedora 31. Then also pit together 2nd laptop and tripple booted with XP, 7 and Fedora 31.

Guess what?

I end up using linux lul. Wait till you hear reason why. Because Linux is mature enough. In fact it is way past latest itteration of Windows 10 in terms of development. I vomit when I login to windows 10.

In 2019 with Linux I learned to break open wifi networks. Most open within 2 minutes, others crack with posting capture file on hacker forums. Guys rin dictionary attacks using gpu.

You probably have a question, will I have to use command line. Yes. It is a major plus to linux to have shell. It will become 2nd natire for you to type stuff, difference between now and 2000s when you might have tried it, is internet. It’s copy paste type of scenario. Learning curve with Linux is minimal.

Give it a go.

You should be using fedora 31 with xfce. You install xfce through gnome and use xfce. Gnome is there just so you will have google drives on your desktop in xfce. Free offline storage.

I’ll post my desktop view later on.

backseatjuan

Banned
Reaction score

Just think about how you use a mouse, you hold it with your right hand? Then it's naturally goes right and up. This is why system tray at the top, and launchers on the right.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been using Linux since 2006 when Windows Vista came out. Vista was a piece of 5hit and I was having none of it.

I'm running Ubuntu on most of my machines. The biggest problem I have now is how fast the progression is. I have my machine tweaked just right, and there's a new version out now. I don't want to set up all my 5hit again, so I haven't bothered to upgrade. I have a lot of software installed and configured just the way I want it.

XFCE is nice and light, but it feels a bit too clunky to me, although I haven't used any of the newest versions. Unity was crummy when it first came out, but I think it matured quite well. The new version of Gnome is meh. I always had problems with KDE fvcking up. Enlightenment was really nice looking when I tried it years ago, but I found it lacking in functionality.

Which file manager are you using? I used to be fine with Nautilus, but the newest version is a hunk of crap.

sosousage

Banned
Reaction score
linux is terrible and only for nerds. and even though i am nerd i still prefer windows 10 than linux. OP is hacking fat women on tinder with his linux 1337 Hack3rz Sk1llz

backseatjuan

Banned
Reaction score
Thunar the one that comes with XFCE. But I also have a shortcut to fire up Nautilus, it's great because it has search function, so I use it whenever I want to find files. If it was integrated with XFCE desktop better I'd be using nautilus, I can't copy and paste from desktop to a nautilus window, that's why I don't use it. Check this out.

Those are free google drives 15 GB each right on my desktop in XFCE. You can do it using gnome3. For some retarded reason they are not shown in gnome itself. Gnome is written in java script if you didn't know it yet, that's why it's slow.

If you don't like gnome and ubuntu comes with gnome, I wonder what you using then?