Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Lifting while still sore

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've upped my intensity in my workouts recently, I hit chest/shoulders/tris on Saturday, on Tuesday and now after 72h (Friday) want to hit them again. However, my chest is still a bit sore. I usually never get sore past 1-2 days but I think I just went too hard. Should I continue even if a bit sore (my shoulders and tri's are fine after some stretching this morning) or should I give it another day?

I'm getting mixed advice online, some say completely rest and don't go again unless you can match your last workout (I don't feel I can), and others say training a bit sore is fine and aids recovery, just maybe do a little less volume.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah I went ahead and it did, weirdly the soreness stopped after 2 benchpress sets and I feel great

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
It depends on various things. I only train a body part once a week because I tend to lift heavier on a regular basis, so I will almost never be sore when I go to train that body part again(except abs which I do as burnouts after 4 of the other workouts)

If I was training multiple times a week, it would depend on what my goals were and the type of program I was following at the time. If it was a heavier weights cycle, then no way, you are setting yourself up for a crap workout or potential injury.

If it was more of a reps with lighter weights cycle then I would probably just lessen the volume some.

There is some merit to training muscle groups intensely multiple times a week. I followed a squat program where you squatted every day you worked out along with working a normal split otherwise(arms, back, chest, shoulders/abs) So I would squat 4 days first thing and then do the other body parts for that day. However this is not something I would recommend to someone who isn't a lt least an intermediate lifter(ie, 2-3 years straight working out) if not experienced(5-6+ years).

Legs grew like weeds due to the heavy training and other body parts benefited from this as well due to huge hormonal release. But you could only do this for a short time, like no more than 4 weeks before your CNS would get fried and then you had to back off and dial things down.

pipeman84

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
;)
-364.jpg