Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Lifting weights and doing intense cardio again and am seeing rapid changes

zinc4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some background on me...i am 40 years old and grew up playing hyper competitive sports in the south where i was raised. So intense cardio was a regular for me starting from a very young age. I also got into weight training in my early teens and was super fit up to my mid 20s or so. After that i just stopped caring about fitness and drank/partied too much.

Recently, about half a year ago, i started going to the gym again doing running, swimming and lifting weights hard as i can. Because i had ballooned up in weight recently out of nowhere....probably due to a slower metabolism and was feeling soughish in general.

But during this half year, i have seen rapid improvements.....with both weight loss and muscle gain. And the intense cardio sessions have been amazing for my state of mind again. I literally feel 20 years old once again and while not ripped yet ...am becoming much more muscular looking in general once again. Still plenty of fat that i can lose though. Half a year isn't enough time, but i plan on keeping this lifestyle up well into my 60s now. No reason not to.

My GF says my body is changing every week. The hardest thing about it is just the steady constant protein intake required imo. The working out part is fun...i look forward to it every day and feel bored on my break days. I have literally been kicking myself lately for neglecting this part of my life for the past 15 years or so. I just put on headphones and listen to good pump you up type of music and go as hard as i can go. I have over trained a few times and briefly felt sick or dizzy from it but am quickly re learning my limits each day. Any guy not doing both weights and cardio is crazy imo. Can't believe i went 15 years neglecting both. I am starting up my long fist kungfu practice as well soon. Martial arts used to be a huge part of my life like sports before i got lazy as hell.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The hardest thing about it is just the steady constant protein intake required imo.
Drink egg whites that come in a carton. It's like drinking slightly salty water that has the consistency of milk. 1 cup is 25grams of protein. Easy peasy.

zinc4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Drink egg whites that come in a carton. It's like drinking slightly salty water that has the consistency of milk. 1 cup is 25grams of protein. Easy peasy.
Nice. I have never tried this. Sounds better than eating a full can of tuna for sure. Whey protein has helped me a lot as well.