"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Lifting for Dummies! Myths, Dumb Questions..

Kev07

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 2, 2006
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
9
Location
Bay Area, California, Currently in SoCal (UCR)
that 30 grams crap is just that, crap

you have to at the VERY least, take in size/weight consideration, and probably age also. a 35 year old will probably have a harder time taking in protein than a 24 year old, and someonne who weighs 150 pounds will not be able to take in as much as someone who weighs 180 pounds. 30 grams of protein theory fails.
 

“The 22 Rules That Turned Me From Invisible to Irresistible With Women… Starting Tonight”

You can skip the expensive cars, the fancy clothes, and the endless gym selfies. Completely unnecessary.

I used to freeze the second a beautiful woman looked my way. Frustrated. Awkward. Watching other guys walk away with the girl while I stood there tongue-tied.

Then I discovered 22 simple rules that rewired my entire dating life. The anxiety vanished. Conversations flowed effortlessly. Women started chasing me for a change.

These rules trigger a woman's subconscious attraction switches. And you can start using them tonight.

Read more...

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 6, 2005
Messages
1,904
Reaction score
7
Age
38
Oxide said:
If by "do you" you mean do I ask only ask questions to people who have amazing physiques then,YES!

When I first started lifting I used to ask everyone for advice,anyone I knew,all the newbs & fatties gave me b.s. advice now that I look back on it a year later. It's kinda like the the people who say "Why do you worry about what you eat,you are young",I bet you that the ones who say that don't have a low bodyfat(by low bodyfat I mean single digit and sub 7%).
 

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 17, 2003
Messages
2,115
Reaction score
45
Location
USA
I get this after writing routines for people a lot

*hmm you sure this is going to work, i dont feel like im doing enough*

another one

*im trying to lose weight so im only going to eat once a day*


last one

*Man you dont understand, i cant gain weight, i eat a lot of food but i just cant gain weight.*
 

Mjazz

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Dec 28, 2006
Messages
244
Reaction score
2
more is always better
who works their legs

why do deads, no one looks at my lower back

if I take supps I will get huge regardless of what I do

im a hardgainer
 

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 21, 2003
Messages
3,229
Reaction score
27
Oh I got some more...come on we all do:


These amino acids will make you gain 10lbs of muscle in a week (WTFFFF)

I only eat apples cause im trying to lose weight


I want to do steroids. I dont care if my balls shrink, my **** stays the same! who cares about balls, i will be huge!!
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

MetalFortress

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 28, 2003
Messages
3,264
Reaction score
22
Location
Keesler AFB, Mississippi
blinkwatt said:
Who cares how many people you ask,look at the build of the people you ask. Try asking people who have bodybuilding or near bodybuilding physiques.
Build, you say? Doggcrapp and his boys certainly win in the build category, and they all disagree with 30g's of protein per meal.

www.intensemuscle.com
 

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 6, 2005
Messages
1,904
Reaction score
7
Age
38
MetalFortress said:
Build, you say? Doggcrapp and his boys certainly win in the build category, and they all disagree with 30g's of protein per meal.

www.intensemuscle.com
Hmmm perhaps 30+ works for them. Personally from the 5 current or ex-bodybuilders I know they all agreed that eating of for 30 grams per meal,provided you eat 6 meals throughout the day was enough or more then enough. I don't know if it matters or not but only 1 of the 5 I know took roids. To each there own,I know what has worked very well for me and my friends.
 

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 6, 2005
Messages
1,904
Reaction score
7
Age
38
MetalFortress said:
Post the height and weight (or if you don't know, post your guess) for said bodybuilders.
Come on man,knowing another guy's specs off of the top of my head is nuts,I'm going to mis guess everyone.

The only thing I do know for sure is that the 2 current folks I know that have bodybuilding physiques are both under 5% bodyfat,one is prepping for a competition and another just likes to stay low all year long. The only reason I know thats cause I ask them for advice on losing bodyfat just about every time I talk to them. You would be amazed how much the pros are willing to help you if you show you are serious about your lifting.
 

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 7, 2005
Messages
4,113
Reaction score
29
Sorry, I can't think of one pro who eats 30g per meal. if Ronnie Coleman, arguably the most genetically gifted bodybuilder on the planet right now, has to eat 2g of protein per lb to make gains then why the hell should the average guy (like us on here) believe we can make do with less? 30g per meal is an old chestnut no doubt quoted in some study using untrained college students or office workers, NOT for hard trainers like us. Well, some of us train hard anyway.
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Mjazz

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Dec 28, 2006
Messages
244
Reaction score
2
do it if you want, no ones stopping you.
 

6-heads lewis

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 27, 2006
Messages
635
Reaction score
7
i hate when i hear ppl say

"man im sick of all these old people who just come here to socialize. im lonely too but you dont see me dragging everyone else down. and i dont care if you benched 2 plates back in 1964, its 2007."

"man im sick of all these fat people using my gym space, you'd need to cut off a few layers of bacon to see any muscle anyway, take a walk fatso"

"man im so sick of these fruitcakes and yoga azzholes on the swiss balls in the corner, i need that empty space to do my deadlifts"

"man im so sick of that guy in the yellow shirt, i dont know, i just hate that shirt its too bright and distracting"

oh wait, thats me
 

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 21, 2003
Messages
3,229
Reaction score
27
So what are you saying? You are a douchebag? ;)

I sometimes get annoyed by fat people but then I say - hey, they should be here.. good for them.

I am usually more like:

"That girl.. she should be looking at me. Good. Now smile...Smile!! Damnit, you want me to come over there? Grrrrrr... Damn you have a cute ass, may be I should.. STOP DISTRACTING ME!!!"
 

thefonz

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 14, 2004
Messages
1,143
Reaction score
13
Age
44
Location
Pittsburgh
"i'm trying to turn the fat on my stomach into muscle"

...and oldy but goody.
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 6, 2005
Messages
1,904
Reaction score
7
Age
38
Oxide said:
I am usually more like:

"That girl.. she should be looking at me. Good. Now smile...Smile!! Damnit, you want me to come over there? Grrrrrr... Damn you have a cute ass, may be I should.. STOP DISTRACTING ME!!!"
Hahahahaha! You're a honest man!

Here's one that ANNOYS me, I will see some chick that is straight up checking me out....BUT here is the thing, 90% of them are there with their man. I just think there thinking in my head, "O.K. good, now you see the goods,drop the zero get with the hero." . Oh well life goes on,one day they will be in the gym solo and I will sarge,until then I lift like there is no tommorow!*

*If you ever want to have fun in the gym w/ a chick even if they are there w/ a guy try winking at them if you catch them checking you out! I can almost promise you that they will blush and keep checking you!
 

6-heads lewis

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 27, 2006
Messages
635
Reaction score
7
It seems 75% of the males on this forum have an ego that deludes their sense of reality. This reminds me of the discussion threads where every guy claims to be good-looking, but when the pictures come out 1 or 2 out of 10 'internet hunks' can be considered above average.

Its hard to believe that H&F is full of sexy guys constantly being checked out by the hottest babes at the gym, even the skinny guys benching and squatting 100lbs are irresistible to the bubbly 23-year-old personal trainer with steel buns.

I've heavily improved all my major lifts, ranging from 1.75x to 2.75x weight increases, gained over 50lbs of mass, post some of the better stregth numbers at my gym, and no females seem to notice. Contrast this with the 150lb guy with no musculature who is being checked out all the time, although he never actually confirms his suspicions by having sex with them, or even talking to them (how convenient).

Note that I am not referring to anyone in particular.
 

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 21, 2003
Messages
3,229
Reaction score
27
Face matters too dude.

And the way you look at THEM.

What I was saying is not that every single hot chick checks me out.. but I definitely want them to
 

djtdot

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jan 21, 2006
Messages
238
Reaction score
0
my friend tells me

"my karate instructor tells me that if you take a low weight and do like 50 reps you will get huge biceps". he couldn't say the name of the exercise.

we had this competition for entry into boat race team of university

"man u need huge biceps to do the rowing. why would u concentrate on your back and do deadlifts? do some curls man"
 

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 14, 2005
Messages
4,382
Reaction score
85
blinkwatt said:
I just think there thinking in my head, "O.K. good, now you see the goods,drop the zero get with the hero." .
Is that really what you think?

If so, that's funny.

Not the saying that is... the fact that you think that and wanted to share it.
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

Top