Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Lifting for Dummies! Myths, Dumb Questions..

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No, this isn't a tutorial. This is the thread to make fun of some things people say and do.

To start:

"Did you know that Arnold would drink a 12 pack of beer after every working out session to get big?!"

"Why do I need to work out legs, I want a big chest!"

"That Smith machine for doing flies is THE BEST for chest dude!!! (at least 3 people tell me this on constant basis)"

"I want a big chest, and I did bench yesterday, I wanna do it today again" - true story.

"You should only eat one scoop of protein a day!"

"I want to work the inner chest" - HAHAHAHA

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Your supposed to bounce the bar off your chest when you bench."

cuzza

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
"High reps will get you tonage"
"I do high reps on my abs because it makes them bigger"
"Deadlifts will make you square"
"Big legs will make you look like a stick"
"3x10 for everything"

"I want to work the inner chest" - HAHAHAHA
I disagree. Christian Thibaudeau disagrees and has documented his opinion many times on the internet, with many studies backing up what he says. I've been swayed by all this. The science is there. From my limited scientific knowledge, it IS possible.

Reaction score
"The most protein your body can absorb from each meal is about 30g, so eat 6 'high-protein' meals consisting of about 20-30g protein each throughout the day if you want to build some serious muscle mass."

cuzza

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
"Low reps is pointless because you don't feel the burn"
"Don't take long breaks or you'll lose the burn and it'll be pointless"

shaunuk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Deadlifts, ey? You're only 18, right? You don't wanna be going very heavy on them then mate.."

-shaun

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
- We stretched enough from basketball
- Yeah but we are using both hands, not just your right that you shot with
- Uh... well I did make like 2 layups with my left

Jury still out on this one:

the quality of the workout depends on how sore you are afterwards..
& when you workout enough you will not get sore anymore.

GIRLS SHOULD NOT LIFT WEIGHTS OR TRAIN LIKE GUYS or they will become MONSTERS!!!!! GARRRRHH!!

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Living Legend said:
"The most protein your body can absorb from each meal is about 30g, so eat 6 'high-protein' meals consisting of about 20-30g protein each throughout the day if you want to build some serious muscle mass."
I stand by that and not one person has yet to prove me wrong.

Redux

Don Juan
Reaction score
Oxide said:
Jury still out on this one:

the quality of the workout depends on how sore you are afterwards..
& when you workout enough you will not get sore anymore.
The first is not true, unless the goal of the workout is to be sore.
True if the same patterns are repeated. You may workout 5 times a week but if you keep changing exercises, you will be sore.

blinkwatt said:
I stand by that and not one person has yet to prove me wrong.
Actually, since no one can prove a negative, you have to prove yourself right. I dont think its true, it must be a pretty individual thing.

cuzza said:
I disagree. Christian Thibaudeau disagrees and has documented his opinion many times on the internet, with many studies backing up what he says. I've been swayed by all this. The science is there. From my limited scientific knowledge, it IS possible.
Are you sure what he founds doesn't make the outer chest work less, instead?

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
things I could go forever w/o seeing here again:

- any reference to bruce lee or brad pitt (in fight club).

- almost any reference to male anatomy and/or hormones.

- references to eating / lifting programs that you pay good money for but either don't work or are inferior to what's available here for free (no, I won't name names, it only encourages them).

- 'i'm a hardgainer, so everything's different for me.'

- 'i want to look like this guy.' (provides link to someone who undoubtedly has a different body type & more free time than brains)

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oxide said:
GIRLS SHOULD NOT LIFT WEIGHTS OR TRAIN LIKE GUYS or they will become MONSTERS!!!!! GARRRRHH!!
lol... my favorite!

DR Chillz

Don Juan
Reaction score
The Living Legend said:
I think you can benifit from atleast 50gs in a hour. Have ben taking alot of my protein in with chunks of 50 grams from a glass of milk plus 2 scoops of whey. Went from 135 lbs to 160lbs since the end of football season. I have gotten faster since then so a good deal of that was muscle. I have been lifting for over a year so those where not begginer gains.

Anyways I think its funny when people think they can squat 400lbs and they go down like 1/3 the way down.

Kev07

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bay Area, California, Currently in SoCal (UCR)
DR Chillz said:
I think you can benifit from atleast 50gs in a hour. Have ben taking alot of my protein in with chunks of 50 grams from a glass of milk plus 2 scoops of whey. Went from 135 lbs to 160lbs since the end of football season. I have gotten faster since then so a good deal of that was muscle. I have been lifting for over a year so those where not begginer gains.

Anyways I think its funny when people think they can squat 400lbs and they go down like 1/3 the way down.
hahah yeah, i know people who squat like that, when i squat my ass touches my calves.

some of my friends bench like pvssies too, their arms barely form a 90 degree angle:rockon:

dopexile

Don Juan
Reaction score
Redux said:
Actually, since no one can prove a negative, you have to prove yourself right. I dont think its true, it must be a pretty individual thing.
No one can prove a negative? Where do you come up with that? So no one can prove that two is not equal to one?

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dopexile said:
No one can prove a negative? Where do you come up with that? So no one can prove that two is not equal to one?
that's a mathematical statement. it's much trickier with empirical stuff. for example, suppose you wish to prove that "All swans are white." You can go on counting swans the rest of your life, but just because you never see a black one doesn't mean it isn't out there.

blinkwatt is claiming that nobody can benefit from more than 30g of protein in one shot. it would only take one person to show him to be wrong, and many around here have volunteered (claiming) to be that one person :D

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Agreed. To truly prove this you would have to take 30g for two months and then take 50g and do everything exactly the same way.. and that is while hoping that your body gains muscle at the same rate after the first 2.

I'll put it this way.

So far MANY people saying more than 30g >> less than 5 people telling me 30g

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Agreed. To truly prove this you would have to take 30g for two months and then take 50g and do everything exactly the same way.. and that is while hoping that your body gains muscle at the same rate after the first 2.

Come on,you know there are thousands of variables to this. Say you gain strength and up the weights during the first two months. Everyone knows you gain strength before size,so after those two months your size would start to come as you get used to the new weights.

So far MANY people saying more than 30g >> less than 5 people telling me 30g

Who cares how many people you ask,look at the build of the people you ask. Try asking people who have bodybuilding or near bodybuilding physiques.