Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Lifelong dilemna - balance

MacAvoy

Banned
Reaction score
First off, I'm extremely happy with where I am in life. At xmas I moved back into my grandparents old house and I truly enjoy my lifestyle. I enjoy having to chop wood & having to make fire to keep warm. I've enjoyed getting back to the simple things, going ice fishing, smelt fishing, making maple syrup.

More less getting back to the basics of life. I've also losted 20 pounds since I weighed myself last fall.

Secondly I immensely enjoy being back around my family. First and foremost is my daughter and the reason why I moved back home. I've always been extremely close to her so living in Halifax for 2 years was a strain. So when I had her last summer months in Halifax, I promised I would move home back by xmas. Now I've also gotten to spend alot of time with family who are basically my best friends. We are a tight nit group.

Now to the other side. It's a small town and I've already been here for 5+ years of my adult life. My reputation and connections allow me to pretty much print money. However there is no challenge left for me. I've built this reputation and I'm bored, its also a reason why I left, to chase bigger & better dreams.

The second part of the dilemna is women, its a small rural town and as a result, the women who are worth their weight in salt, also tend to leave to chase bigger & better dreams. They typically don't come back until they're successful in life (& OLD).

So I basically committed to my daughter to live here for at least one year. It would be easy to say take your daughter with you but I don't want her to grow up without the same strong & tight family network that made me the person that I am. Granted my parents were the most influential people in my life but I can't deny how influential the rest of my family was. They are all different people and have different things to offer.

But I'm lacking that challenge in my career. These career challenges have always kept me mentally sharp. I also miss having a quality women to spend time with. I've got enough women around here to satisfy me sexually but for the most part I've got no interest in starting something that (A) I'm not going to finish or (B) with a women who doesn't meet all of my standards.

As a result I find myself reminescing about my ex's. Now I know that I don't have a future with any of them, but I find myself thinking about their good qualities and how I miss those. How a women can challenge me, keep me on my toes.

Again there is that challenge theme, I don't deny it, I've always embraced it. Its the reason for my sig, it represents who I am. Its the reason why Tin Cup (McAvoy) is one of my favourite movie characters because I see myself in him.

So on one hand, I've got these great reasons why I'm here but I miss the greener grass on the other side. I remember years ago wishing I could be like the simple rural people, satisfied with their life (I know they are not really satisfied but they are content with their lifestyle). I'm relatively young and I still want to travel more, I still want to be challenged. The problem is I'd bury myself alive to prove I could handle a shovel.

Any pointers guys?

Last edited:

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear Mackavoy,
You really seem to have your priorities sorted out....I was in a similar situation 23 years ago and thought I could just move away from my kids,I have lots of Mazooma now,but lost contact really and wasn't around to help their Mother...all very disappointing we all lost out.... on reflection the only real reason you are here is for the kids....you can chase tarts any time later and for me at least the choice gets better...and is just as satisfying...What better than the clean Canadian air,outdoor pursuits and a little break to sort yourself out...theres more to life than money!

MacAvoy

Banned
Reaction score
I really need a hobby

The problem with living here is I've got too much idle time on my hands. I can make great money working part time so I've got a lot of free time. The other problem is being in a rural area is there are not much activities to do here.

I don't have all the things that I use to have to keep me entertained in Halifax. Theres no art studios, there are no Ghost tours telling the history of the city, theres no pottery painting. I've always enjoying trying new things and I love challenges and adventures. I can remember having a great time building a raft and using it to go fishing for muscles a few years ago. These are the kinds of things that I like doing around here.

However the problem is there is only so much you can do alone. Its hard to find someone to do stupid stuff like that, I only know one person that is as adventurous as me.

I also think its why I enjoy doing the wood thing, cuz it gets me outdoors and keeps me busy, however theres only so much wood that needs cutting. I need a few new hobbies, otherwise I find myself sitting around listening to music, which leads to reflecting on women, which gets me thinking about the past, which doesn't lead me anywhere because I've already learnt those lessons.

I guess I feel like I'm stagnating but I feel like it was a conscious choice to be here and stagnate for a year. I'm not moving, my daughter is here and I'm here to spend time with her but at the same time I'm craving more out of life.

Mr.Positive

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MacAvoy said:
The problem with living here is I've got too much idle time on my hands. I can make great money working part time so I've got a lot of free time. The other problem is being in a rural area is there are not much activities to do here.
Try flyfishing!! I can't think of a better way, to get back to nature's "rhythm" than to take up flyfishing.

For some reason, I've always ended a flyfishing trip feeling balanced. At least temporarily, until the stresses of life try to grab hold again.

Other than that Mac, I think it's a healthy thing to question our positions in life sometimes. To admit to ourselves that something may be missing.

If I were you, and didn't want to move, I'd make a yearly travel adventure. Plan a trip every year (if you can afford it), for a month or so and just go explore the world. There's a lot to see, and lot's of hot babes to meet too. :up:

The body fuels the mind, and travel fuels the soul.

MikeEdward1973

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think you're in an enviable situation.

If you really are really bored...www.worldofwarcraft.com. I live & work in Silicon Valley in California, and it's scary how much people play this game here. I personally don't like it, but I will say it can be very entertaining.

Let me also suggest reading. I'm working on God Is Not Great, by Chris Hitchens. I highly recommend it.