Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Life plans.

Skyline

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been out of high school for about 3 months now, and I'm already getting bored of my current job and overall situation. I want to progress! I don't understand how my general manager could honestly live like this, not doing what you want. But I'm going to do what I want. My plan is to go to a community college to complete core classes and then get associates degree in automotive technology. There's an exclusive technical program around where I live that happens to involve auto tech as well. So I might transfer over there to get a Bachelors, this is once I complete my associates. Once I get my associates I'm going to try and get into a shop to get working and get more experience.

My question is, would I need a bachelors degree for auto tech or would an associates work just as well?

This is not all I want to do however. I want to enroll in acting classes and study meteorology on the side. I also want to become a cop when im around 35ish, but that's if I have a change of heart regarding fixing and modifying stuff up. If I don't become a big actor then I will most likely become a news anchor on meteorology when im in my 50's. This is about the time I would retire from being a police officer as well. I will be saving a lot regarding fixing my own car and the pension from being a cop. Even if I don't become a cop and stay an auto technician, I would become one of those "legends" that's being paid a ton because of the experience I would have.

Yeah so that's my plan. My family isn't in the best financial situation so were trying to get me some financial aid, so it may be delayed a year. I also need to learn how to drive and get my license and all that. No one in my household is going to teach me, so I might have to pay out of pocket for driving school. I really want my GT-R by the time I'm about 28. I have to really concentrate and work hard for all of this though. I've always had trouble paying attention in the past so I'm a bit worried.

Thoughts?

Eph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Man, you've really got your life planned out. All the way to your 50's. I've got everything figured out up to my late 20's, or early 30's at best. I think a lot of shops would take an Associates degree. A friend's dad is a mechanic, and I don't think he has any degree at all, though I could be wrong. There's also a program at my school for Automotive Tech. I think it may give students a chance to get a certification, so yeah, you should be more than fine with an Associates degree.

From what I know about cops, an Associate's is all that's necessary, but I think you may need to attend a police Academy so why not go after you get your Associates/Bachelors in Automotive Tech or after you've got a job at a shop?

As for the driving, I'm in the same boat as you. No one I live with has a car - my sister may be getting another one in another month or so - so I've gotta go through driving school too.

Skyline

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eph said:
Man, you've really got your life planned out. All the way to your 50's. I've got everything figured out up to my late 20's, or early 30's at best. I think a lot of shops would take an Associates degree. A friend's dad is a mechanic, and I don't think he has any degree at all, though I could be wrong. There's also a program at my school for Automotive Tech. I think it may give students a chance to get a certification, so yeah, you should be more than fine with an Associates degree.

From what I know about cops, an Associate's is all that's necessary, but I think you may need to attend a police Academy so why not go after you get your Associates/Bachelors in Automotive Tech or after you've got a job at a shop?

As for the driving, I'm in the same boat as you. No one I live with has a car - my sister may be getting another one in another month or so - so I've gotta go through driving school too.
I just don't understand how people can just work the same old part time job over and over again. Most of my friends don't really know what they want to do either so they're kind of just hanging in their part time jobs. They all want to move out of their parents house, which is fine, but then what? They don't really have any plans or don't know what they want to do yet so I think it would just be a dumb idea. It's not that I don't like my job its just that I can't stand to think that's where my life will be in the next few years. I chose careers that I liked and also involve a lot of dynamics, especially acting and being a cop.

Yeah I know about the whole Academy thing, I was thinking about going after I've settled in an auto shop and then I'll decide whether or not I want to keep doing it. Maybe I should just get an associates for auto tech and then wait a year to see if I like it a lot, then if I do I'll get a bachelors in it for more job options. So I'll be about 27ish once I get the bachelors and maybe I'll become a cop at around 30. So I should retire at around 65, that is if my acting pursuit doesnt get big.

There's a lot of variables, like if I get a job at Mercedes, Nissan, or Chevrolet, on designing super/sports cars then I will most likely stay an auto tech. Those payouts are big and it would be cool to make a super/sports car.

Thanks for your input man.

Edit:

Been doing some more research and found out that being an auto tech can get really tough financially at first. I want that guarantee that I won't be replaced or the business will go under, so I think I'm going to become a police officer first. My body will be more fit compared to if I were in my 30's, so I'll be able to work harder and get some raises. So I'm gonna have to learn how to drive ASAP. Once I retire then I'll transfer to an auto tech, then acting, meteorology, and that.

Plus I can get my Nissan GT-R by the time I'm 28! That is if I become a cop at 21(18 is too young..) and live by myself at $950 a month with $500 expenses with $400 left over at saving $1500 a month for it. This is perfect because I'll then have enough driving experience to not crash! That is saying if the police station gives me a company car. If not then I'll have to delay the GT-R by about 2 years. Or get a used one.:whistle: These numbers are based off of entry level pay, so I could get more for side jobs like working at schools, fairs, pulling a lot of people over, or even raises, etc..

I just want to start my life already!

Last edited: