Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Life Changing Moment

Bringing.the.Truth

Reaction score
*I decided to post this after reading 'Merry Capitalist Christmas.' I planned to post this some time ago but was never happy with it. Hopefully this sparks some good discussion*

Lately I've really been getting overwhelmed with school, money and my future.‬

Last night while studying for todays finance exam, I experienced sharp chest pains and was rushed to the hospital.

I will spare you the details, I am still alive and back at home. As I was laying in the hospital bed, I couldn't stop thinking about my exam; I needed more time to study and couldn't afford to spend my night in a hospital. I was imagining my future flying right out the window and I began to panic.

My heart rate jumped and I explained the situation to the nurse hoping I would be released but she simply instructed me to relax, I was stressing out too much. Funny that this stress was exactly what put me in that hospital bed.

I'm 19 years old and am enrolled in one of the top Finance programs in North America.

Guess I'm living the American dream, graduated from high school with honours and a burning desire to be 'successful.' I will graduate from a prestigious University at age 21, start a family, commit my life to my high paying job, grow my net worth, buy a million dollar mansion, a fancy car and work hard to amass as much wealth and 'stuff' as I can before I die a meaningless death.

What a life.

I've been interested in acquiring fortune, fame and women my entire life. From a young age, like most North Americans I was taught to envy those with money and pity those without. I read many books about finance even before high school hoping I could capture the great american dream. I grew up studying capitalists ranging from Jimmy Buffet to Kenneth Lee Lay. My idea was that with money comes women and all other great things in life.

It's ironic that as I continue to study and further understand finance that I find myself less and less drawn to it. I am unwaveringly confident that I possess the knowledge and ability to amass a fortune in this life however I'm starting to find that I have very little interest in doing so.

One of the first things that you learn in finance is that money is not real. Most of it doesn't even exist and even the small portion of it that can be touched is just paper; not worth a damn thing. Why is it then, when a person dreams of success, they dream of money?

Fear.

I believe that humans are afraid to be left alone with just their thoughts, as our minds are frighteningly powerful. I believe there are some truths in this world that people simply do not wish to know.

It's far safer and more comforting to convince ourselves that the secret to life is to amass wealth and to work foolishly and feverishly our entire lives to obtain it. We occupy ourselves with gaining wealth to avoid exploring ourselves, our consciousness and our reality.

The consequence of this is that EVERYTHING in life now comes with a price tag. Money a human invention, now controls humanity.

Personally, I see very little to be gained from amassing great wealth. I no longer see my life goals as getting a high-paying job, having a beautiful wife or having a family. If any of those things fit into how I wish to live my life, then I will welcome them with open arms but I refuse to make them the focus of my life.

I see many users disheartened and discouraged about women. Is it worth spending your precious time on earth miserable because of women?

This site often lobby's for self-improvement which I agree with. It is often preached to get a good job, new clothes or to get muscular. It is important not to lose sight of the fact that you are improving YOUR life and thus it should be for YOU.

I believe that true self-improvement comes in two forms, education and self-exploration. Educate yourself about the world around you, you will find that it is much different than it seems. Always remember that education and school are two very different things, education being far superior. Explore your passions, your beliefs and your mind. Find out about yourself, find out about life.

Last night I realized that many of the things that I deem important in my life are very trivial in the big picture. I was so afraid to ruin my future that I have mapped out that I forgot to enjoy the present.

I used to stress out greatly about money, school and women.

From now on I will relax because as the great Bill Hicks said, "life is just a ride."

Adam

Don Juan
Reaction score
Very well put, sir. I've been having very similar thoughts myself, stemming from the sudden realisation not 4 weeks ago that everything that made me me, everything I would experience, think about and do will be as far as I'm concerned irrevocably gone for the rest of eternity in just 60-80 years if I'm lucky.

These ruminations of oblivion soon had me wondering what the point was in anything; an 'intelligent' ape's cheap quest for sensation a tiny flicker in the endless vastness of oblivion, seemed just so hollow. That brought me down to earth for a few days, I can tell you.

Kinda makes the accumulation of fine watches and collectable cars a little trivial to say the least.

Buddha_Mind

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Brother, I hear you on your frustration with the pursuit of happiness through materials and money. These things are illusions.

As Jack Lelanne has said, "What good are those shiny cars if you've still got a long face?"

I have learned that happiness is not found in the exterior. Money is important, as it brings freedom (such as travel), and without it, makes eating and staying warm very difficult in our society.

It is true that it is an illusion -- so understand it as being so, and find ways to bring it into your life, to use it positively.

You have the choice as to how you use this tool. You could be a millionaire and live very humbly, in a small sustainable house for example. You could find a woman who relates to you in her interests, who is genuine and caring, and is sexy in her own natural ways -- rather than some trophy wife.

There are many variations to living, and the most rewarding things in life are often in no way associated with monetary value. Ask someone near death the most valuable portion of their lives, and tell me if they mention a financial number.

Live life brother -- grow strong -- and use your skills and knowledge for good -- to enable -- make money and help things around you -- live and utilize it with wisdom.

peace.

Tiguere

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I love when I learn more and more people are awakening their concious. TURN OFF THE TV.

The mass media have done a heck of a job brainwashing the people.

vagrant

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is the kind of topic I'd like to see more in the Don Juan Discussion.

ENIGMA16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with chasing money, provided you are fully aware of yourself and your desires in life. Money, like any commodity, has a diminishing marginal utility; everyone has a point where after they have a certain amount of money any increase in that amount is less desirable than previously.

You have to determine where this point is for you and choose a career based on this fact (among others, of course). Money is supposed to be a means of enjoying life, and once it gets in the way of that it is self-defeating. Choose something you love to do that makes enough money where you can be comfortable and you will be satisfied. If at any time your needs change you can change your career accordingly.

HoneyHitter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bringing.the.Truth said:
Always remember that education and school are two very different things, education being far superior.
True. I always used to get into discussions about college and university degrees. Now I just avoid this topic. A lot of people don't seem to understand a person can get educated outside of school/college/university. These people don't believe in self-discipline, because that's exactly where THEY are lacking.

If you lack self-discipline... go to school!

Get a(ny) degree for the sake of (half-assed) qualification!
Okay, you got your degree.

Still lacking self-discipline??

Get a fulltime job!!

IamMe

Don Juan
Reaction score
Your very right when you say that money isnt the key to your true dreams and goals, but in this day and age, no matter what you personally believe, your going to need money.
I think you should continue to pursue your goal of amassing all of this wealth.
Wealth shouldn't make you any less happy because its just an asset. You can still be you and at the same time have a hefty bank account. Having money in the bank doesn't hold anybody back from your goals and dreams, if anything, it brings you closer to them no matter what they are.
When you have money, you can do whatever you want, and you can do whatever it is you would do if you didn't have any money.

Anyone get what I'm trying to get at?

Night Owl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The more and more you chase money the harder it is to get, walk away from money and it chases you....Honest.

I spent years and years wasting my life chasing after money. I did get some, but I also got bad stress and all the associated illnesses. It took almost a decade to get better. Now I have given up the chase, I find money flowing to me daily without working my nuts off. I am better off now than I was stressing out working over 12 hours a day in a high flying job, which I hated.

Same applies for women - stop chasing them, and they will chase after you... All you have to do is believe in yourself, but that is the hardest part..

Luminescence

Don Juan
Reaction score
Bringing.the.Truth said:
*I decided to post this after reading 'Merry Capitalist Christmas.' I planned to post this some time ago but was never happy with it. Hopefully this sparks some good discussion*

Lately I've really been getting overwhelmed with school, money and my future.‬

Last night while studying for todays finance exam, I experienced sharp chest pains and was rushed to the hospital.

I will spare you the details, I am still alive and back at home. As I was laying in the hospital bed, I couldn't stop thinking about my exam; I needed more time to study and couldn't afford to spend my night in a hospital. I was imagining my future flying right out the window and I began to panic.

My heart rate jumped and I explained the situation to the nurse hoping I would be released but she simply instructed me to relax, I was stressing out too much. Funny that this stress was exactly what put me in that hospital bed.

I'm 19 years old and am enrolled in one of the top Finance programs in North America.

Guess I'm living the American dream, graduated from high school with honours and a burning desire to be 'successful.' I will graduate from a prestigious University at age 21, start a family, commit my life to my high paying job, grow my net worth, buy a million dollar mansion, a fancy car and work hard to amass as much wealth and 'stuff' as I can before I die a meaningless death.

What a life.

I've been interested in acquiring fortune, fame and women my entire life. From a young age, like most North Americans I was taught to envy those with money and pity those without. I read many books about finance even before high school hoping I could capture the great american dream. I grew up studying capitalists ranging from Jimmy Buffet to Kenneth Lee Lay. My idea was that with money comes women and all other great things in life.

It's ironic that as I continue to study and further understand finance that I find myself less and less drawn to it. I am unwaveringly confident that I possess the knowledge and ability to amass a fortune in this life however I'm starting to find that I have very little interest in doing so.

One of the first things that you learn in finance is that money is not real. Most of it doesn't even exist and even the small portion of it that can be touched is just paper; not worth a damn thing. Why is it then, when a person dreams of success, they dream of money?

Fear.

I believe that humans are afraid to be left alone with just their thoughts, as our minds are frighteningly powerful. I believe there are some truths in this world that people simply do not wish to know.

It's far safer and more comforting to convince ourselves that the secret to life is to amass wealth and to work foolishly and feverishly our entire lives to obtain it. We occupy ourselves with gaining wealth to avoid exploring ourselves, our consciousness and our reality.

The consequence of this is that EVERYTHING in life now comes with a price tag. Money a human invention, now controls humanity.

Personally, I see very little to be gained from amassing great wealth. I no longer see my life goals as getting a high-paying job, having a beautiful wife or having a family. If any of those things fit into how I wish to live my life, then I will welcome them with open arms but I refuse to make them the focus of my life.

I see many users disheartened and discouraged about women. Is it worth spending your precious time on earth miserable because of women?

This site often lobby's for self-improvement which I agree with. It is often preached to get a good job, new clothes or to get muscular. It is important not to lose sight of the fact that you are improving YOUR life and thus it should be for YOU.

I believe that true self-improvement comes in two forms, education and self-exploration. Educate yourself about the world around you, you will find that it is much different than it seems. Always remember that education and school are two very different things, education being far superior. Explore your passions, your beliefs and your mind. Find out about yourself, find out about life.

Last night I realized that many of the things that I deem important in my life are very trivial in the big picture. I was so afraid to ruin my future that I have mapped out that I forgot to enjoy the present.

I used to stress out greatly about money, school and women.

From now on I will relax because as the great Bill Hicks said, "life is just a ride."
This is one of the best posts I've seen on here. People are so busy chasing socially constructed ideals of happiness and success, that we neglect the only thing that really matters ~ ourselves.

lugsy211

Don Juan
Reaction score
that everything that made me me, everything I would experience, think about and do will be as far as I'm concerned irrevocably gone for the rest of eternity in just 60-80 years if I'm lucky.
One of my ambitions in life is to be remembered as a great man amongst my own family. Like my Grandfather, who has half a dozen of his descendents named after him, self-made, 6ft tall, worked the land to feed his family- you don't get more alpha than that.

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's so true. I've thought this way for the longest time, probably ever since i was a kid. I now see money not for what it is but for a tool to accomplish what i want to do with my life.

I do still however have the problem choosing between happiness and success. To me they are totally different things and i haven't been able to link them into one subject yet.

56andre

Don Juan
Reaction score
Bringing.the.Truth, I want to PM you but I can’t.

Just want to send you a brief msg!

Hit me back!!!

Departed

Reaction score
I think it's great that are you so driven. I think it's also great that you are being introspective. The two make a very powerful combination.

You are right to point out that personal goals should revolve around doing what is ultimately for you in the end, not for your goals themselves. But be very careful not to blame or put down the things you have been chasing because you've gained a more focused sense of self.

Money does not control humanity. Just like all other human inventions, money is a tool, and nothing more nor less. There are very wealthy people with very poor lives, and there are very poor people with very rich lives. There are poor people with poor lives, and rich people with rich lives. Money is not in control.

There is nothing wrong with wanting money, a nice car, etc. Why should there be? They have value. The question is, how much? That's depends on you.

The key is to have priorities, and put things like money, etc, in their proper places. It sounds like you've identified your top priorities, so kudos and good luck in your future endeavors!