Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Let's cut the crap - WHERE TO MEET WOMEN

bobbob

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright I know there have been literally 2,496 threads about this already.

But it seems the only responses that are ever given to this age-old question is either silly cliche stuff like:

coffee shop
bookstores
EVERYWHERE.

Guess what - these answers are LAME and half the time are false.

Hot women aviod bookstores like the plague. I've been in bookstores at least a couple hundred times over the past few years, and I can count on one hand the number of hot women I've seen in a bookstore. And I've lived in 2 different cities during that time, and pretty much visited every major bookstore in both those towns.

Everyone knows hot girls are allergic to reading.

Coffee shops are another silly cliche answer. I've been in tons of coffee shops, and never once have i seen a good looking girl sitting alone.

Most people come in, get their coffee, and leave. They do not lounge around.

And then the other answer is "well you can meet women everywhere, they're all over the place."

Guess what - this is only true if

A. You are a DJ. That means you're there. You don't need this site. You're probably not reading this thread. You are charming, you're funny, you know what to say.

B. You are very good looking.

The reason you need one of those 2 things is, most women are not actively looking to meet anyone when they are going about their daily activities.

If you're not a DJ, cold approaching girls in tough venues is not going to help you out. Its a low success-rate situation, and can even screw up your confidence if you get shot down too many times without seeing any kind of positive results.

I used to have much higher confidence before I started approaching women. Unfortunately, I was approaching girls in clubs and bars, in L.A., and was getting shot down left and right. Or I'd get numbers, but get the run-around when I'd call a girl for a date. These types of experience do not help you out. In retrospect they've given me knowledge of what not to do, and allow me to recognize when a girl is being flaky, but in the long run I would have been better off NOT GOING TO CLUBS/BARS AND APPROACHING WOMEN THERE at all.

The other BIG reason the above ideas suck is because it TAKES WAY TOO MUCH TIME. To run around trolling the mall, the streets, bookstores, coffee shops, it can take hours at a time and often at most you'll see 1 or 2 girls that entire time that you'd like to approach. You're wasting many hours at a time, with little to no results to show for your effort.

Ok, so enough with the *****ing and whining. How can we find places that are CONDUCIVE to meeting women. Well, it needs to fit certain criteria:

1. Women go there to actively look for men.

2. It's a relaxed setting, and people will have their guards down.

3. There are a good number (ratio) of women there compared to men.

4. The nature of the event lends itself to meeting people.

Venues that have those qualities will result in a much higher success rate, which in turn will lead to your confidence increasing rapidly, WHICH WILL ALLOW YOU TO PICK UP GIRLS in "tougher" situations (i.e. at a club, in a group, etc.).

At worst, focus on venues that have 3 of those 4 qualities.

So what are these venues?

I've heard that any type of place where women expect to find rich guys, is where you will find a lot of good looking women. I'll give credit where its due, I got this idea from Tom Leykis (radio personality out here in l.a.)

* Wine tasting events (fits 1, 2, 3, and 4 above)

Google search "wine tasting" + your city to find local events

Great because everyone's drinking, but unlike a bar no one has their guard up.

* Golf tournaments (fits 1, 2 and 3 above)

I don't know how to find these

* Golf classes (fits 1, 2, 3 and 4 above)

Check your local community college, they run these fairly often.

* Acting classes (2, 3, 4)

Tend to be expensive, but check community colleges, and I'm sure other places offer these as well. I haven't personally looked into this. But the girls that do go will be hot. I mean come on, how many ugly actresses are there in hollywood. Other than Camryn Manheim.

* Alcoholics Anonymous meetings (1, 2, 3, 4)

Don't knock this on some moral grounds. If you think picking up girls at AA is beneath you, whatevas. I've heard this is one of the best places to meet hot women, especially in big cities.

Ya, they'll have emotional problems, and a good chance they'll be nuts. Don't fall in love with any women from here.

Doesn't mean you can't have fun, get some experience, build some sexual confidence from banging lots of good looking women.

Look at something like yoga classes. They fit 2 and 3 above. Not 1 and 4 though, because women are not looking to be picked up in yoga, and the nature of the class itself isn't one in which people are meeting or talking to eachother. For something like yoga classes, you'd have to go consistently, and that's work (unless you go there for just the enjoyment of doing the exercises).

Hot women DO NOT gravitate towards any sort of self-improvement classes. They just don't. A handful do, but the majority of hot women are content to be just that (hot). Self-improvement classes tend to attract a much older crowd (know this from experience).

Ok, so the point of this thread is, PLEASE ADD SOME MORE IDEAS. I've wrote down 4. It would be nice to have a whole lot more. I know one member (he's a mod but I forgot which one) likes doing biking events. Ideas like that. Ideally we should be doing things we ENJOY while also providing a venue for meeting women.

Chrispy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You sound like an advertisement! :)
I'd vouch on yoga classes, but you're right - they're not looking for men there. It's still worthwhile to go because it's an activity you do that you can talk about in other situations. It'll work (something to talk about) if she does yoga as well.

SAYNO

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Go To Prision!

Become an ex-con you'll meet a ton ofwomen then. All my ex-cons buddies get lot of pu-tang!

Nah, man im just joking with you.

I have had better success at places like post office's, social security office, jazz and blues clubs, or anything to do with the arts!

Sayno'

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It sounds high-schoolish, but I am having good luck at the mall, especially Famous Barr and Dilliards. Chicks go and hang out at the makeup counters, which are near the male cologne counter. Some of the employees are hot, too. When you see a hb, ask her for an opinion on cologne or clothes. The hotter she is, the more direct you have to be. "You! Yeah, you. Come here. I need an opinion."

BigDawg

Don Juan
Reaction score
The majority of my successes came from parties, cookouts, and similar social gatherings. They tend to be very fertile ground for meeting women. They meet all four criteria.

But I am excluding family reunions (picking up chicks at a family reunion? that's just sick--Jeff Foxworthy makes his money telling jokes about this kind of thing). :p

You never know that when you're invited to one of these things (I suppose you can crash an event, too), the host/hostess may invite people you've never met before. So, you already have some level of social proof because likes you enough to have invited you.

Last edited:

speedo_meme

Banned
Reaction score
I have success at up scale bars where there's a laid back but at the same time an upbeat atmosphere. I don't like dance clubs because the quality is always lower. Just suck it up and pay the extra money for good drinks too. I'm not talking about the ritziest bars in town, but not the juke joints and rave rooms either.

In the up scale bars you're most likely to find some girls that are somewhere in between the church girl and the slut, right where I like em.

By the way, getting shot down never hurt my confidence. The only thing I get down about is when I DON'T take the opportunity to try to talk to a girl, shot down or not. At least there's no regrets.

DoubleA

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I say everyone here is right.

I think the real place is on the street. On the train. In a supermarket line. A glancing smile will do. I want to start doing it more. There are a ton of women in my building, but I don't work with them.

Women are everywhere. The places like bars and clubs help narrow down who is married and who isn't.

DoubleA

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Very well put, swampwiz.

I was thinking about attending a few fundraisers. Something social.

Excellent post.

Squid

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Rollo
I say everyone here is right.

I think the real place is on the street. On the train. In a supermarket line. A glancing smile will do. I want to start doing it more. There are a ton of women in my building, but I don't work with them.

Women are everywhere. The places like bars and clubs help narrow down who is married and who isn't.
Agreed, there are opportunities everywhere. I recently went for a coffee, there was a long line up so I turned to this cute girl in line behind me and said something along the lines of "wow, popular place today". I small talked her and ended up sitting down and having a coffee with her.

Another example was at Starbucks, I was waiting for my car to get fixed at the garage across the street. I went in and ordered a coffee from the girl, I smiled, laughed and joked with her for about 20 seconds and went outside. She came out almost right after (just happened to be break time) and sat with me.

It doesn't matter where you go or what you do, if your waiting in an elevator, in a lineup at the mall, turn and be sociable, there are tons of opportunities every day, you don't need to go anywhere special.

If this makes you uncomfortable then chat up anyone, just to get practice with strangers. Hell, I'll even chat up the fat old lady in the elevator just to work on my shyness (I was brutal before). Just talk to them, if you don't get a good feeling then don't ask them out, if it's going great then ask, if you do this enough you won't even feel any pressure, it will come naturally.

DoubleA

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Exactly, Squid.

when I stated working in at my job. I was forced to be sociable. It has made a better all aorund person dealing with different personalities.

Now I'm able to carry on a conversation with anyone. I need to start doing that more. Especially the supermarket near where I live. There are a ton of ladies who go there and live around the way.

It's just that when I get off work, I become quiet. And uninterested in talking. Weird...

Inc. ©

Don Juan
Reaction score
I disagree about what you say about bookstores and coffee shops. I go to bookstores often and there are always hot girls sitting in the chairs reading a book. Make sure you go to the big chains like B&N or Borders. Also, every Starbucks I ever go to, there are always hot women hanging out. They are usually busy talking to someone or reading, but they are certainly there if you want to try some approaches.

You said you live in LA so I would suggest the beach. Find the girl who is tanning or reading by herself and go ask her something. Your other ideas are good too.

Derek Flint

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Marin County, CA - just North of San Francisco
Originally posted by speedo_meme
I have success at up scale bars where there's a laid back but at the same time an upbeat atmosphere. I don't like dance clubs because the quality is always lower. Just suck it up and pay the extra money for good drinks too. I'm not talking about the ritziest bars in town, but not the juke joints and rave rooms either.

In the up scale bars you're most likely to find some girls that are somewhere in between the church girl and the slut, right where I like em.

By the way, getting shot down never hurt my confidence. The only thing I get down about is when I DON'T take the opportunity to try to talk to a girl, shot down or not. At least there's no regrets.
Yep - the upscale "Lounges" are the best.

I've written many a post on this subject.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I did a post one time as well asking people where they've met

Most of mine were in

1) Parties

2) Bars (but ones at times that were quiet). A bar with a band can occasionally be quiet unlike the perpetual DJ blaring bars.

bobbob

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Damn, I gotta say I'm pretty disappointed I'm just seeing the same type of answers ...

I know the current area I live in sucks. But even when I lived in better areas, I never found the stuff you guys are listing to be good places to meet women.

Maybe I should have rephrased what I was asking ...

I want to know where are places where its EASY to meet women.

DoubleA

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I want to know where are places where its EASY to meet women. Written by Bobbob

Bob,

These fellas here gave you their THEIR easy places to meet the women they meet. You have to go out and determine what works for you personally.

Example, in pro sports. Most atheletes tend to get into a rythem when competing. In basketball, some players during the game may start out on the block to get comfortable with the flow of the game. Then step out into other spots of the court to make FG attempts.

Just go out and find a place where you feel comfortable and know you can attract women.

To me personally, there are no easy places to meet women. Only when the ratio of women to men is three to one. Better odds of course. The hardest are vice versa. Total swordfish festival. Then you got to step up your game, because fellas will lie their azz off to get an edge over the next man.

BigDawg

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by bobbob

I want to know where are places where its EASY to meet women.
Are you looking for easy places to meet women or places to meet easy women? :) :p
J/K

iveyleeger

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
* Acting classes (2, 3, 4)

Tend to be expensive, but check community colleges, and I'm sure other places offer these as well. I haven't personally looked into this. But the girls that do go will be hot. I mean come on, how many ugly actresses are there in hollywood. Other than Camryn Manhei
actually i've done that. i was the only guy there. women all over me. BUT no hotties. i don't think community college acting class is exactly where hollywood finds it's next megastars ;-)

I like your AA idea. Except, then you can't get her drunk, right?

Okay, the easiest places that I've met ATTRACTIVE women (not the fuglies, olders, and alpha's that haunt my sorry existence) were:

1. Bus stations, airports, and airplanes

2. Outdoor concerts, movies, events

3. Volunteer activities