"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Let's clear some sh1t up.

Need-2-B-Pimpin

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Aug 16, 2003
Messages
359
Reaction score
0
Something that annoys me about this board is that almost every post on a forum about being men is about women. It's common knowledge here that we're stuck in a generation of men raised by women, so do they have to consume our message board as well? The way I see it, the chicks are just a tempting lure to get people sucked into the essence of the real Don Juan...they are like the tip of the iceberg, and as a Don Juan grows, they become more and more plentiful, and less and less important.

There are several components to being a man that I think we should go over quickly...


Discipline

Discipline is one thing that nearly nobody wants to accept. "F*ck the system!" is a phrase I hear a lot from today's youth...they don't want to accept discipline. People are suing left and right, our government had to pass a law to stop fat people from suing because they ate too much! Strong self-discipline is something that truly sets a man aside from all the other little pieces of crap. It also leads to happiness. "What you reap is what you sow"-What you put into life is what you get out. If you have a paper to write and a gym to hit, sitting on the crapper masturbating to mary jane and then playing nintendo for 5 hours won't make you a better person: it makes you a damned loser.

Discipline also means honesty, to self and others. When you tell yourself that it's burger king's fault that you're a 400 pound lardass, you're lying to yourself, and when you try to sue, your little lie is f*cking up a lot of people. Take responsibility and move on.


Passion, Ambition

This is what makes a man go...this is your fuel, your center. Every man needs a passion. Women are not a good passion, because they're too variable, and that usually backfires and causes desperacy. A good example is athletics. Every guy I know on the football team works his ass off to get there, and chicks surround them...where would they be if they cared about the chicks more than anything else? Not running on the field with screaming cheerleaders and crowds yelling, that's for sure. Another good passion is religion...I know some dedicated christians, and they seem like the happiest guys even though they don't even bother messing with women.


BALLS

Ah, important one. Courage...are you a ***** boy or are you a rough tough man? Step out of your comfort zone, don't take the easy way out! Something I say a lot nowadays whenever someone thinks I can't take a challenge, or when I personally feel I need to: BRING IT ON! Whether you fall on your ass is not important at all, it's whether you put your blood sweat and tears into something. No matter what the result, in the end it's an awesome feeling. Taking risks is the only way that things usually get anywhere...and without risk, where's the fun?

I was at a science fair a while ago, and pretty much all the guys I knew at the time were nerds...I was just getting into the whole DJ idea. I was lucky enough that right next to me was a hottie cheerleader. Everyone else was walking around talking about dungeons and dragons and yelling in chatroom shorthand and "+2 TO MANA OMG!!!!" and so on while covertly looking. I went up to the girl and chatted her up, and ended up getting her number. She never called back after I called a few days later (b1tch!:p ) but I knew inside I did something I could be proud of (I was beginning...that was my first number) and my nerd friends were in shock that someone would actually go up and TALK to her...how scary!

"Why would a woman want a pvssy? She already has one."


Independence

A man is nobody's b1tch. This is widely misinterpreted as being an assh0le to people when they want something. That's not true! It simply means that you won't say yes no matter what. If someone wants a homework assignment and you know it, sure, give it to them! If someone wants to manipulate you (WOMEN DO THIS!) then screw that person and move on.

A part of this that undisciplined dipsh!ts fail to notice is that this works both ways. People don't play you, you return the favor. Don't be reliant on other people for everything. Be responsible for your own issues. And (read BBB's stuff on this...great posts) give back to this wonderful world that we live in sometimes. Personally, I volunteer a lot. Afterwards, one of my favorite feelings of having accomplished something arises and I am a happy man.


Attitude

This is step 1 of becoming a Don Juan for most people...a total attitude shift. Self pity is not any use to you, before DJing I used to come home and feel sowwy for my poor scrawny ass and cry and whack off. What fun :p Eventually, I learned to embrace this awesome world we're in. I learned that I was a pvssy little piece of crap because I believed I was one and I believed that I wouldn't change. Had I never stopped believing that I would never have changed at all. As pook said, "As I think I shall become" (might be slightly misquoted but that's the gist of it) Once you feel that you are the malleable, kickass person you are, and see failure as an opportunity to learn to improve rather than failure that cannot be changed, the world opens up.


Acceptance of Change

Ah, important. When you refuse to grow and change, you stay the way you are. Rather simple statement, but nobody seems to see that. A year ago, I couldn't believe I'd listen to anything but metal, and a year before that I didn't even listen to music at all and refused to. Hanging on to some things is good...memories, good traits, good friends...but somethings change. Attitude changes, body changes, the world changes. Don't fight it, embrace it because that is the path to improvement and it opens the mind infinitely.


Balance...the Grey Zone, and the Stuff of Common Sense

Not everything is simple and black and white. There is no on-switch for a woman. There is no right way or wrong way to do somethings. When I say to have balls and do courageous things, I don't mean to go jump off bridges and mutilate yourself and do everything possible lacking convention to prove that you're a man. Common sense is something that men forget to grow, and it's a pretty vital part of living and accepting reality. Simplicity is hard to find, life is infinitely complex. Accept that and keep going.


Experience

This comes with balls, and this is the final step. This is a vital step. How often do you see Matrix or Pook come here and beg our advice? Often, finding out yourself is the best and most fun way to deal with a choice. It's a far better learning experience to get turned down by a girl at the mall than to sit at home and read articles on how to pick up chicks then go jack off to Carmen Electra.

And those are my thoughts. Like em, love em, hate em, whatever, but hopefully I've gained a little place in your mind that reminds you who you are when women consume your minds.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Cloud-uk

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 1, 2003
Messages
699
Reaction score
1
Age
39
Location
SE England/ York
Good post, I like it. Even though this is supposed to be a board for "girl problems" (no not periods) I think the best posts on it by the more experienced guys always veer towards taking control of your life and being a man. Again, good post:)
 

European

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 22, 2004
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
There is nothing to reply.. no comment... well said. :D
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

The Antichrist_Star

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 9, 2002
Messages
1,066
Reaction score
3
Age
41
*Snaps fingers* (Poetry clap)
 
Top