Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Let yourself fail!

USSOCOM

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Good post! I'd like to add that some times the fear of rejection is often less than the fear of success. Myself included, one might seem to be afraid of rejection, but underlying is a fear of success. Often success is new ground that hasn't been marched through... The law of nature prevents anyone from being 100% successful and forward progress is always stunted by rejection or failure. In conclusion, success is as equally important as failure in the learning process :) ... Hopin for some feedback on this.

chalk

Don Juan
Reaction score
Pook. A small piece of one of your post intriuged me.

"you've got to roll your dice"

Are you a fellow dice man as well as Don Juan? Or are you just saying 'take the risk'

A curious Chalk.

Saine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Excellent, another masterpiece.

Pook reminds me of my brother. -_- Pook...

B9

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Nice one. Was it Newton who said "I've failed my way to success"?

testosterone

Reaction score
This is one incredible post.

I actually printed this out and carried it with me for a whole 2 weeks. I read it whenever I got a chance - over and over. That motivation and Pook's excellent writing made life so much easier.

This article is pure gold. I am very thankful for such insight.

Dilberto

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Very profound of you, Pook. Failure always inspires success. Get it all over with, first. Look at:

Babe Ruth- We all know he hit 714 homers, but he was STRIKING OUT at-bat, well over 2400 times.....just to get there.
Thomas Edison- Performed over 3100 FAILED experiments.....just to invent the incandescent light bulb. What was the difference? He simply NEVER gave up.
Michael Jordan- Practiced his arse off, after learning he FAILED to make his high school varsity Basketball team. Now a legend.....
Albert Einstein- Didn't even FINISH high school, because he was considered a "slow learner." He eventually became the world's foremost abstract physicist- and highly-acclaimed(the A-bomb wouldn't be possible, if it were not for him)scientists.

These are just four textbook examples where fear of failure DID NOT STOP THEM. In order to overcome this roadblock- you MUST ENVISION YOURSELF A SUCCESS first, then pay your dues with failure upon failure.....learning from each event. Let your imagination go absolutely wild. Consider it a sneak preview of your future life. Can we all do this?

SinJester

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OH MY GOD THANK YOU POOK THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I NEEDED SO MUCH!!!!!!

I don't even care if that made me sound like a noob. After so long on SoSuave this is what I needed more than anything, and I've needed it for a long time. Anyone who has read the bible needs to read this. I have read to much! I have't done nearly enough.

I've always had the opinion that if I was a nice guy instead of a DJ, i might be lacking a LOT but I would have got more girls. Simply because I wouldn't have known all this, Iw ould have had onitus and liked a girl so much that I actually did something. Instead of playing non-existant hard to get and getting nowhere.

Although I know way more than I need to, I have DJ skills and a DJ mindset I don't use them because I'm sitll kind of AFC inside. All this built up a feeling that I shouldn't, and can't fail now! Heck I was sooo confused when I did fail.

Is this in the bible? In needs to be. I know you will probably never read this Pook. But I owe you a lifetime, THANK YOU.

Edit: Master Bates... What are you talking about?

IrishGuy23

Don Juan
Reaction score
Pook said:
“But Pook! Why should I intend to fail?”

The point is not to INTEND to fail. It is to LET yourself fail. If you fail with a girl, IT IS AN OPPORTUNITY THAT YOU MISSED ABOUT YOURSELF.
To Pook, and others who would care to reply, is there such a thing as an unacceptable level of risk. For example, I'm on the verge of making a move with an Italian woman I like ( won't go into the boring details), but I would conservatively estimate by chances as 4-1. I risk losing a very good friendship, but could gain much more. Is a strategy of high risk-high reward advisable, or just reckless?

TheHumanist

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Pook is not much around these days, actually, I'm not sure you want to meet him these days.

This thread is about be willing to lose. Too many times a person to too afraid to make a move in fear of the failure of it. Sometimes to become successful, you just have to bite the bullet.

This thread is not about if you want to go for a girl or not, it's about to be willing to go out, accept that you not going to succeed everytime, and take the hit. For that girl? That all depends are you willing to risk giving up your friendship or not.

SinJester

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pook is not much around these days, actually, I'm not sure you want to meet him these days.
I know the first but why the second?

Interceptor

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Something that I have noticed and want to share (if you haven't already picked up on it) with you all is a concept that I see all the time.

Hot women, even if they are a little insecure, do not try to impress you.
In other words, they don't care if they don't know the answer to your question, or if they don't happen to impress you, or if they make a mistake in front of you..

What if you had that power?

What if You didn't feel so insecure that you don't feel like impressing anyone?
What if You are not concerned or uptight about making a mistake in front of anyone, especially a woman you're extremely attracted to?

And what if You are comfortable 'not knowing" an answer to someone's question or problem, and have the courage to admit it?

Be comfortable in front of anyone.
Be secure in yuorrSELF.
Have SELF ASSURANCE, and do not constantly NEED someone ELSE'S constant REASSURANCE.

Feel Secure in yourself, it's OK to make mistakes. It's OK to not be perfect........

Think about it for a while....

Lusterkx2

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Pook you are my hero. your like an older brother man, the one that tells the younger brothers what to do and what not. i do apply it in the field. and everytime i always think of you.