"Let Me think about it"

Essa Rios

Don Juan
Reaction score
Today after work i went to Starbucks to grab a drink. I notice a pretty chick on her laptop watching a movie so i just sat at the next table and ask her what she was watching. To my surprise she was real friendly and went on to explain that it was some Indy film, we started talking and i find out she is studying to be an actress. I tell her if we can continue this conversation over dinner tonight. She declined saying she already had plan with her girlfriend. I ask if i can join them and she said no. So i ask her to give me her number and i will call her tomorrow, that i knew of a great Asian restaurant around town (even tho i really didnt).

Her answer was....."Let me think about it". I'm not sure what this means.
Was that a sign that she was rejecting me?? I gave her my # and walked away. Do i hold my breath that she will call or was i just turned down.?
She was real pretty so lets see what happens.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Essa Rios said:
I ask if i can join them and she said no.
Uhhhhh.... no.

Don't do that. That's not cool. You're just a stranger and until you build some familiarity, you can't do that. I've done this before, I can tell you from experience that its not a good idea.

So i ask her to give me her number and i will call her tomorrow, that i knew of a great Asian restaurant around town (even tho i really didnt).

Was that a sign that she was rejecting me?? I gave her my # and walked away.
Pretty much. You got rejected. I would be surprised if you got a call from this girl. Let me put it this way: What's there to think about?

Good job going for it though. Congrats. Rack this one up as experience. :up:

f283000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Essa Rios said:
I tell her if we can continue this conversation over dinner tonight. She declined saying she already had plan with her girlfriend.
You ask a girl out to dinner in the same day that you meet them this will fail most of the time. You are projecting way too much interest, way too fast, way too soon. This showed you had nothing going for later on that day (making her think you have lots of free time available thus making you look like a loser. So you came up looking too interested, maybe desperate in her eyes + having free time (all of them qualities that don't make you attractive to girls)

If the conversation was going as well as you said it was you should have just ejected after telling her you 2 should keep in touch and traded contact info. You get her #, call her 2 days later, talk to her a couple times then ask for dinner. Your chances are much better this way.
I ask if i can join them and she said no. So i ask her to give me her number and i will call her tomorrow, that i knew of a great Asian restaurant around town (even tho i really didnt).
You just met her and you want to meet her friends? so not only did you come up looking too interested, desperate, and having free time, now you can add creepy as well.

If you really hit it off with someone whether it be male or female you might be invited to join their social group soon after. The keyword here is "invited." You never want to invite yourself to someone else's social group, specially right after you meet them. It shows you probably have no friends of your own thus lowering your status, and making you less cool in their eyes.

Another thing is that you don't tell girls when you are going to call them. You want to project an image of being a busy, active guy which is attractive to women + you want them to keep on guessing and anticipate when you are going to call. You get their number and say "ill give you a call," pretty simple no specifics, keeps them guessing and anticipating your call.

It was your q to eject! after hearing that you should have said "well it was nice talking to you I gotta go see my friends, bye"
Was that a sign that she was rejecting me?? I gave her my # and walked away. Do i hold my breath that she will call or was i just turned down.?
Yes she rejected you. You gave her your # after you asked for hers and she didn't give it to you? after analyzing the whole situation the chances of her calling you are 0. You came up looking too interested, desperate and creepy. I already outlined all the mistakes you made and they are all easy to fix so you shouldn't be making them again next time around. Keep on hunting!

horaholic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There is NOTHING wrong with showing interest. Its called being a man, and going for what you want. That is KBJ crap. That advice like that here with a grain of salt. That is not what the 'act aloof' rule of thumb refers to. If you follow that advice you will never see a same night lay.

Trying to invite yourself along with them, wasnt the smoothest move, although, if you are alpha about it, you can get away with it. It really depends on how you say it. The fact is, there wasnt enough interest/attraction built up, and it may or may not be your fault. I think you probably just asked for a 'date' too soon in the interaction. In that situation, an indirect approach might be better. Instead of asking her for a dinner date, which isnt a good date anyway, plus asking her to dinner right away does sound a little wierd. Next time go for a more casual approach. You should have asked her for her info, so you can recommend movies to each other. Then, rent a movie, and ask her to come watch, or just get a drink somewhere. Go for the common interest whenever possible. Dont ask strange chicks to dinner, thats for sure.

All in all, dont worry about it, and good for you for the approach. And no, she isnt gonna call. They almost never do, even when they are totally interested. Once in a while, they surprise you, though, but consider that one a done deal.

f283000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
horaholic said:
There is NOTHING wrong with showing interest. Its called being a man, and going for what you want. That is KBJ crap. That advice like that here with a grain of salt. That is not what the 'act aloof' rule of thumb refers to. If you follow that advice you will never see a same night lay.
Nobody said showing interest is wrong. I understand what you are trying to say with the same night lay thing but do you think that is going to work for our beginner friend here? i'm only telling him some simple basics more suitable for his experience.

The fact that he showed interest in asking her to dinner is not bad. The fact that he asked her to dinner on the same day that he met her, minutes after meeting her, for the same day that he met her, that is showing too much interest. He could have asked her for dinner tomorrow or the day after that would have been better. I'm not saying it can't work, but for his level of experience he is much better off following some of the basic principles.

DonGorgon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Studying the fact that all lies contain fragments
"let me think about it means" - I dont like you and i dont want to but i dont want to be harsh and say no so i will bs you for a while and see how long it takes you to get the hint that im not interested..

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Essa Rios said:

The 'womanspeek' translation goes like this," I wish that you had not put me in this situation. I hate saying no directly, so I will fob you off and hope that you will just fade away. "

"..let me think about it" is a covert rejection.

DonGordon said the same thing in different words.

Raikojo17

Banned
Reaction score
Essa Rios said:
Today after work i went to Starbucks to grab a drink. I notice a pretty chick on her laptop watching a movie so i just sat at the next table and ask her what she was watching. To my surprise she was real friendly and went on to explain that it was some Indy film, we started talking and i find out she is studying to be an actress. I tell her if we can continue this conversation over dinner tonight. She declined saying she already had plan with her girlfriend. I ask if i can join them and she said no. So i ask her to give me her number and i will call her tomorrow, that i knew of a great Asian restaurant around town (even tho i really didnt).

Ouch lol shot down. but don't worry. It happens to everyone lol.

Great Job on approaching, but like other posters said there are a lot of things you did wrong

First, unless you have a really, and I mean REALLY good connection from the get go, then you should never ask for a dinner date or a date at all within 5 min of meeting the chick. especially not for the same day. It's not a matter of being a "Loser" or being "Too interested" but in my opinion it's just simply rushing things too fast and putting too much pressure on a chick in the beginning

also, Bad move asking if you can "Join" them lol. Unless you were Joking, this just looks weird and sounds creepy. don't you have other things you could be doing? From the get go this displays certain traits which could mean that you are a "needy" man. why do you need to join them? let the chick enjoy her friends in peace.

You should of ejected then, but then you made the next bad move. giving her your number. 98% of the time, chicks never EVER call first. They could like you, but they for some reason just don't wanna make the first call. Unless a chick asks first, never give her your number without receiving hers in return. It pretty much means you lose

"I'll Think about it" means No. So yes, bro, you struck out. Yo should only be analyzing this to see what you could've done better, because Analyzing her words will get you nothing. She basically turned you down nicely. If she wanted to go out with you, wouldn't she have giving you her number and actually said "yes"?

Accension

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Let me think about it.
Translation: LOL I like to play games.

Reply: "Keep thinking then, bye!"

The gesture of you giving her your number and simultaniously making this thread.
Translation: I'm playing your game.

Cinamon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Let me think bout it is almost always a no. She probalby thought she couldnt say no again as you were being so persistant.

joedmango

Don Juan
Reaction score
Essa Rios said:

At first i think, you did a great job for converting her attention from watching movie then talking to you.. :yes: what went wrong is you inclined to her if you can accompany her to a date with her girlfriend, upon saying straight NO means, he really don't want you to join, and during that moment i think she feels uncomfortable with you,, you shouldn,t have done it on your first meeting. better not to expect a call.