Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

"Let me get your number so we can discuss economics?"

static

Don Juan
Reaction score
I sarged up this bookstore with a bunch of university students. I number closed with "I'd like to furthur discuss [ their major] and the research that they're doing?" and if they weren't invovled with any research, I would leave that part out.

For example, a particular girl was an economics major. I said something like "I'm interested in getting to know more about economics, let me get your number and we'll talk?"

Now when I call them, am I obligated to talk about their major?
How can transition into talk that would get them to go out with me?

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by static
Now when I call them, am I obligated to talk about their major?
How can transition into talk that would get them to go out with me?
Yes because you gave a reason for the number, other than "Hey i really liked talking to you, You should give me your number so we can do it again. etc ect"

Don't do that again. Use your skills to get the conversation changed.

static

Don Juan
Reaction score
How do you overcome the following.

I was talking to a girl and then her friend, who is outgoing and the jealous type, comes into the set. As I was getting ready to number close, her friend was sending out a vibe..."DON"T DO IT, I"LL BE SO F**CKIN PISSED AT YOU IF YOU DO. DON"T DO IT, I"LL SAY SO MUCH BAD STUFF ABOUT YOU." The girl I was getting ready to close on was already looking for validation from her friend, and so I felt that I would be rejected with a direct number close. So I closed and she was about to give me her number, but her friends negative vibe was so strong, that she almost stuttered and instead said "can I just give you my email." I told her "No, I'd like your number" and it was like she wanted me to say that and just gave me her number. The whole time she kept looking to her friend for validation. Her friend (girl) was acting so dominent and I felt that she was jealous, so I gave her some attention by asking her about her major and stuff and then telling her that I like it and stuff. But she didn't really buy it, although was sincere. She was like "yeah..whatever."

Reaction score
Static - stay focus! Men don't concern themselves with what other women think - if the girl wanted to give you her number she would give it to you!

You did good by not taking anyting but her phone number - if she says "No" then walk!

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know how well this works (only did it once).

But if her friend is giving her these looks like she wants to get her away from you:

Just with a joking manner, say if her mistress doesn't want her to give out her number...(thats when you stop talking)

She (the chick) will look a bit embarrassed, and probably give her number to you. Lighten the mood.

Frank Zappa

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by diplomatic_lies
I don't know how well this works (only did it once).

But if her friend is giving her these looks like she wants to get her away from you:

Just with a joking manner, say if her mistress doesn't want her to give out her number...(thats when you stop talking)

She (the chick) will look a bit embarrassed, and probably give her number to you. Lighten the mood.
Nice, I'll have to try that one when the opportunity is necessary. I hate CBs... I've found engaging the CB first in conversation or keeping him/her somewhat relevant in the conversation diffuses her somewhat.

~Zappa

FreeStyleZ

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I was talking to a girl and then her friend, who is outgoing and the jealous type, comes into the set. As I was getting ready to number close, her friend was sending out a vibe..."DON"T DO IT, I"LL BE SO F**CKIN PISSED AT YOU IF YOU DO. DON"T DO IT, I"LL SAY SO MUCH BAD STUFF ABOUT YOU." The girl I was getting ready to close on was already looking for validation from her friend, and so I felt that I would be rejected with a direct number close. So I closed and she was about to give me her number, but her friends negative vibe was so strong, that she almost stuttered and instead said "can I just give you my email." I told her "No, I'd like your number" and it was like she wanted me to say that and just gave me her number. The whole time she kept looking to her friend for validation. Her friend (girl) was acting so dominent and I felt that she was jealous, so I gave her some attention by asking her about her major and stuff and then telling her that I like it and stuff. But she didn't really buy it, although was sincere. She was like "yeah..whatever."
You coulda dropped a neg on the friend... said something along the lines of "whats with all the tension girl? You coulda had a chance but your friend here snatched me up first... give her about a week or two before she messes up"... say this ofcourse in a joking way... or SOME kinda **** to throw her off guard.

chicksrock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Excellent idea of getting her number to discuss economics!!
ABSOLUTELY GENIUS!! i like it very much...

ummm..yea just call her and be cool and take things one step at a time ...