Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Let Go and Get Back On That Horse.

fragmentor

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been studying the ways of the DJ for probably 2 years now (as many of the regulars know). But, about 2 months ago my confidence started to slip. I'm telling you guys this for 2 reasons, firstly - the lesson that's learnt and secondly so I can analyse my current situation.

So anyway I've been going to this new school since September last year - within 2 weeks I new every HB there practically and had most of their #s. Then, maybe late January, my confidence started to slip. The girls were bored of me, I was getting uninteresting and my jokes were getting crap.

The Chain Reaction
It starts with a cold/an illness/someone insulting you/anything that gets to you personally and for one reason or another makes you care about what other people think about you. From that you become self-concious. When you become self-concious your confidence starts slipping. When your confidence starts slipping your success rate lowers.

This continues until you're in a depression and suddenly, you feel like an AFC. But wait a second, that was the OLD you, what the hells going on? You tell yourself maybe you just can't become a DJ full stop and before you know it, you're trying to get advice from girls as to what way you should do your hair. And that was me 2 weeks ago.

Since then I've slowly been trying to become the DJ I once was, by trying to attract the girls that used to be swarming all around me. But this was pretty slow and unsucessful.

What happened to change me back? This morning I woke up and realised one thing (I already knew I was too self-concious and such) - I needed to just let go. I had to say "f*ck you" to self conciousness. I just let go of all the pissy little things that don't matter. No, I didn't decide "oh poor me, i hate everyone, i don't care about other people anymore". Instead I just went out there and stopped thinking about what i was saying and doing - I just did it.

I got excited, pumped and stayed that way for the whole day. Suddenly I had 'it' again. The girls that were looking the other way previously were trying to rub my chest from behind and getting real close to the man. Now I "get it". It's not about techniques or whatever. It's all about the attitude towards yourself.

The point of this post and the moral? Yes you've heard it all before about not caring what people think too much but this case should just put that in real life terms for you.

To any AFCs or DJs who's results seem to be going nowhere/getting worse I tell you this:
Stop analysing your own actions, that's what caused me so much messing up in the first place. Don't look at other people and ask yourself "what does he/she think of me?", "Is my hair all messed up?", "Am I walking right?" Just let go of any care, get excited about yourself and do it.
I was the funnest guy in the world today, and everyone wanted to be a part of my reality.

If there's anyone in a rut like I was - let go and get back on that horse mano!

Hot Ice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Aaaaaaawww!
This is what happened to me too!

I slipped from being a DJ some time ago..
I don't remember what caused me to drop few levels down.
Someday I just realised that I must rearrange things in me and in my head again or...
It was a chain reaction I think.

I quite recently realised too that it's all about letting go!
You may think about techniques and how to get one particular girl, but it doesn't lead anywhere!
(Hot Ice says this again...) Thinking too much is bad!
Analyzing should happen after the situation.

I don't say here that you must lack all those rules to become more successful, but once you KNOW them and they come naturally, you shouldn't think them! You should just go and act by them!

Such things as confidence, C&F attitude, attraction by girls and improvence to your game comes so naturally after you let go.
I can't explain it.. But it's heaven when it happens.

Zelemont

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
WoooooOOOO00000P!!!!!

I knew ya had it in you from the moment I first saw you post... I dont know why either.. i usually hate everybody before I really get to know them!

This was the perfect timing for you to post this!

I have had the same problem with becoming a DJ and letting it all go... it was the chain reaction, and it led me into depression. I have been trying to bounce back (well.. I realize now it takes more than to "bounce" back to regain confidence) and I have been objectively evaluating myself and looking at everything I do, and trying to figure out why I keep ****ing things up for myself.. and it just gave me even more problems. Now not only do I have problems, but I am aware of them, and instead of correcting them, I just get negative feelings about myself.

I definitely need to just let go and say "**** it all! And **** you if you dont like how I am acting." I think this is also a key to happiness. Being self-conscious is no fun. I never see the life of the party worrying about whether or not people will care if he says something ridicuous, or acts like a total jackass... but it doesn't matter if some people think he is a loser, becuase he is having fun while they are standing there with a frown thinking "look at this loser. oh my god this party sucks. I need to leave."

**** frag... this post helped me out alot. It made me realize 2 important things about myself.

1: Self-consciousness plays a huge roll in my failures and my depression.

2: I need to stop being the cynical fool who I was referring to who is negative about everyone around him. I get pissed and angry every time somebody acts like a goofy kid... I whine about their lack of maturity and I ***** that they are being loud and crazy to fill their neverending need for attention (There are alot of people out there like that... but I have been thinking that about anyone I see act a little wild.)

now I am pumped and I want to get off work... I am going to go to my friends and I am going to say whatever is on the tip of my tounge... I am going to do whatever comes to mind...

thanks

The Antichrist_Star

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Damn, reading things like this wants to make me cry... awesome, awesome. Don't even want to add anything else to this post, I will just leave it alone in all of it's glory. This post is the kind of stuff that I try to tell people that I talk to all of the time. Being a DJ is not about women, being ****y or funny, dressing nice... it's all about how you feel. I'll just add these two quotes since I've been on the quote tip lately:

"How we think shows through in how we act. Attitudes are mirrors of the mind. They reflect thinking."

David Joseph Schwartz

"You cannot control what happens to you, but you can control your attitude toward what happens to you, and in that, you will be mastering change rather than allowing it to master you."

Brian Tracy

The Matrix: Reloaded

Reaction score
Great post fragmentor. I recently had gotten into a one-itis inspired slump which reduced me back to my previous AFC state. I overcame it, and I'm glad you did also. Keep up the good work.

icepick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Another One Enters Bliss! (For a Time)

Wonderful anecdote. Been there also.

The girls do NOT make the DJ. YOU make YOURSELF the DJ. THEN the girls come. (In more ways then one :D )

fragmentor wrote:
The girls were bored of me, I was getting uninteresting and my jokes were getting crap.

Sh*t happens!

It starts with a cold/an illness/someone insulting you/anything that gets to you personally and for one reason or another makes you care about what other people think about you. From that you become self-concious. When you become self-concious your confidence starts slipping. When your confidence starts slipping your success rate lowers.

The tests of life. CONGRATULATIONS for getting back on that horse. NEVER give up.

Since then I've slowly been trying to become the DJ I once was, by trying to attract the girls that used to be swarming all around me. But this was pretty slow and unsucessful.

Validation is NOT as good as smooth, easy, natural charm!

Stop analysing your own actions, that's what caused me so much messing up in the first place. Don't look at other people and ask yourself "what does he/she think of me?", "Is my hair all messed up?", "Am I walking right?" Just let go of any care, get excited about yourself and do it.
I was the funnest guy in the world today, and everyone wanted to be a part of my reality.

See! We can all get there! Do not live for others, live for YOURSELF. You will create so much VALUE for YOURSELF that others will flock to you.

Hot Ice wrote:
I can't explain it.. But it's heaven when it happens.

I can't explain it either, but it DOES feel good, and it DOES get RESULTS.

I would like to get to the bottom of this. :D

USSOCOM

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been having the sammmmmmeee problem bro. Matter of Fact just last week I turned it all around exactly the way you did, Although I didn't use the same words "let it go" I woke up and just said "Fvck it". Its all in the mind.

Sammo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeh, i think a good way to get a hold of this DJ thing is just to read it a million times so its stuck inside your head. Then you just act natural and it just all comes to you, inspiring and motivational post, great work fragmentor

Pex

Don Juan
Reaction score
awesome post. I can kinda relate to this, and I guess i just have to learn to let go.

thx

fragmentor

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Pex
awesome post. I can kinda relate to this, and I guess i just have to learn to let go.

thx
np, although this is quite an old post lol :)

Sammo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bump, this post is a fantastic read when your in a slump.

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
this is a really good post, this should be added to the bible if its not already there!

That_Guy49

Don Juan
Reaction score
thanks for the inspiration!

I've been in a little slump lately and I for some reason I can't charm the ladies as well....I thought maybe it was this site and how it made me SELF CONSCIOUS. You put in good perspective. Quit thinking, overthinking. Stop worrying about other people, people, humans, humans who aren't perfect or better than you and me...

I needed that post last night more than ever, but at least I know sorta what's goin on with my game...It's my toughts..

Like someone said " your mind can be your best friend or your worst nightmare/enemy."

DDT

Reaction score
hey fragmentor,

can you make up some short mantras to say to oneself when they wake up, to maybe empower them to do what you are say ing. Im having small difficulties telling myself to let go, so some straong statements may work.

Wacky-1

Don Juan
Reaction score
This should be in the New Bible. Seconds anyone?
This is the perfect example of the DJ mindset...an attitude towards yourself, without all the techniques and tricks etc...
Brilliant!

epicurean

Don Juan
Reaction score
bump. this definitely needs to go in the bible.

Porky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
kudos