Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Let’s talk about politics!

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay so now that I got the mods attentions, can we please update the website so that we can upload larger images? I tried uploading a picture of one of the coronavirus memes and it said it was too large. It was a low-res choppy picture that really shouldn’t have been.

This isn’t the first time I had this issue before, and I think many other people have had this happen to them before too. It’s happened again and again on pictures that it shouldn’t have happened to. Not just that, but I swear that it’ll upload larger pics sometimes, and then other times it won’t. Is it something with the servers or just the website format? I know that you guys don’t really have much power over that, but I’m just wondering what the big guy upstairs says.

Serenity

Reaction score
There's a file size limitation. Some large (as in many pixels) images may be compressed enough to have a small enough file size, while some small images may have little to no compression and have a too large file size to be uploaded. This limitation is there to manage server storage space and there MUST be a limit, else someone could simply fill up the server by uploading a several gigabyte large image.

You can get around this by first compressing the image you want to upload. It may slightly affect the quality, but for most cases the image is still usable for what you intended.

You can compress images using most image editing programs/apps and there's easy to use online tools for it such as this one. It will drastically reduce file size with minimal compromise to quality.

The so-called low-res meme you tried to upload may be an uncompressed screenshot someone made of a severely compressed jpeg, so the image file takes up too much space.

Edit: an image being too large doesn't refer to pixel size, only file size.

Last edited:

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm glad that political postings aren't being as discouraged and personally, I wish that there was a little more leniency.

My reason is (I believe) quite valid.

The commercial (and underwriter) networks tend to be more opinion based and skewed.
Although many forum postings contain opinions, there's enough contrast between the forum members to offer the reader more thought variation ... which broadens our ability to think about a topic on many levels.

As for image reduction, for about fifteen years, I've been using a free photo editing program called "Irfanview." It's totally free and user friendly.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay so now that I got the mods attentions, can we please update the website so that we can upload larger images? I tried uploading a picture of one of the coronavirus memes and it said it was too large. It was a low-res choppy picture that really shouldn’t have been.

This isn’t the first time I had this issue before, and I think many other people have had this happen to them before too. It’s happened again and again on pictures that it shouldn’t have happened to. Not just that, but I swear that it’ll upload larger pics sometimes, and then other times it won’t. Is it something with the servers or just the website format? I know that you guys don’t really have much power over that, but I’m just wondering what the big guy upstairs says.
If it's a meme you've found on another site (anywhere online), try this:

1. Right click or control-click (Mac, command-click) on the image.
2. Select 'copy image location' or 'copy image address.'
3. In your SoSuave post, type: [ img ] without spaces, if I type with spaces here it becomes code and invisible
4. Paste image address after [ img ]
5. After meme post, type [ /img ] also without spaces

This works for gifs as well.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is how I paste huge images:

Either upload the image to any place that will take it.

Or, find the existing image, and right click wherever it is and choose "open image in new tab" so you see only that image.

Then copy that url, and on sosuave, click in the image icon (to the left of the happy face) and paste the image there.

Serenity

Reaction score
3. In your SoSuave post, type: [ img ] without spaces, if I type with spaces here it becomes code and invisible
Guess I'll share another tip then :)

You can write the tags without them turning into code by escaping them first. You du this by using the [PLAIN] tag.
So you do [PLAIN][IMG]someurl.com[/IMG][/PLAIN], which will give you of course [IMG]someurl.com[/IMG].