Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Learning game will Fvck you up

PRW63

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Illinois within driving distance of St Louis, Mo
Why not both?

I mean what's keeping you from improving yourself as a man and learning to game women AT THE SAME TIME?
Yea, that is what I was thinking. The guy who was "oblivious" to game was still using it without knowing it because it was ingrained into him growing up, so he didn't have to learn it fresh. The other guy would had to have learned it,...but in the end they both know it and both use it. I never buy into the idea that only Bodybuilding Lambo drivers making over $100k get women. Poor guy's in the Hood may actually get the most woman and their lives are a wreck. They probably have the most offspring even if The State raised them.

On the "gym" stuff...
Remember that animated movie "Up" with the house floating via balloons? It had this dog with a special collar that could talk. It would be in a conversation and in mid sentence it would jerk its head to the side and say "...Squirrel!...". It'd stare for a few seconds off into the distance at the "squirrel" and then go right back and finish what it was saying as if nothing happened. It did that throughout the movie. So I go into some of the RP groups on Reddit and I feel like half way through every second sentence they jerk their head to the side and say, "....Lift!!..." and they go back to what they were saying. I guess I have a strange imagination, but I think there is an obsessive over emphasis on it. In real life I see too many "Chads" in my social circles who never see the inside of a gym and I see too many guys in the gym that can't get a date to save their lives. It takes the complete package and it does not take extremes in any direction to succeed. It is the well rounded well balanced guy that succeeds.

PRW63

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wonder how much of these stereotypical responses like this are based on actually witnessing something vs. just quoting the same old theories of "be alpha, go to gym, Chad is God, etc etc"
Yep.
I'll repeat this from another reply I made in this thread.....

On the "gym" stuff...
Remember that animated movie "Up" with the house floating via balloons? It had this dog with a special collar that could talk. It would be in a conversation and in mid sentence it would jerk its head to the side and say "...Squirrel!...". It'd stare for a few seconds off into the distance at the "squirrel" and then go right back and finish what it was saying as if nothing happened. It did that throughout the movie. So I go into some of the RP groups on Reddit and I feel like half way through every second sentence they jerk their head to the side and say, "....Lift!!..." and they go back to what they were saying. I guess I have a strange imagination, but I think there is an obsessive over emphasis on it. In real life I see too many "Chads" in my social circles who never see the inside of a gym and I see too many guys in the gym that can't get a date to save their lives. It takes the complete package and it does not take extremes in any direction to succeed. It is the well rounded well balanced guy that succeeds.

Dash Riprock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't confuse Game with being a DJ. "Game" implies the person is heavy on techniques, game playing, being fake, all that BS simply to try to be more attractive to women.

A DJ has learned and employs what females are naturally attracted to -- and most are attracted to a handful of qualities that get beaten to death on SS that most of us know well. DJs just know what turns on women and have accentuated certain qualities in their personality and looks to tap into what most women are attracted to. They do it naturally (not scripted or rehearsed) and are smooth and relaxed and confident in their delivery and interactions.

This does take practice so be patient and persistent in your efforts. Continue to learn and don't get sloppy.

manfrombelow

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't confuse Game with being a DJ. "Game" implies the person is heavy on techniques, game playing, being fake, all that BS simply to try to be more attractive to women.

A DJ has learned and employs what females are naturally attracted to -- and most are attracted to a handful of qualities that get beaten to death on SS that most of us know well. DJs just know what turns on women and have accentuated certain qualities in their personality and looks to tap into what most women are attracted to. They do it naturally (not scripted or rehearsed) and are smooth and relaxed and confident in their delivery and interactions.

This does take practice so be patient and persistent in your efforts. Continue to learn and don't get sloppy.
I think you are unnecessarily splitting hairs.

Lordeterra

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Disagree, its two different types of confidence. I never lacked for confidence in my career, but I needed help on how to understand women.
What manfrombelow said is true and those who’ve seen it/lived it can confirm.

eventually we all have to get from behind our keyboards and go do it. True progress comes from out there, not here.
i learned this for myself. When i was a fat loser i got zero chicks suprise suprise. When i increased my testosterone and worked out i started getting girls. Is there any suprise?

Georgepithyou

Banned
Reaction score
That sounds good in theory man but in practice it doesn't pan out. The dude who works at Fat Pizza, has coke bottle glasses and aspires to live in a van can still pull a woman faster than a dude with a million dollar yacht and a lambo aslong as his game is on point.

Yes. I'm proof bro sauce..

Go to any nightclub where you see some dude breaking it down in the middle lane while all the broskis nurse their beers and pop their collars on the sidelines. Having a Tommy shirt and a good job doesn't mean sh1t in the dating game.

Social prowess is everything.
Exactly, being rich is only going to get you gold diggers and post wall women. Despite what guys think most women couldn't care less about money since they have their own income these days.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Game" means different things to different people. When experienced and successful players and socialites say "game" it means the confidence, the charisma and the know how. You can see it in a person by how they move and interact. If you never knew about Michael Jordan during his prime and saw him around his peer group you would visually be able to see a special quality in him. His "game". Just like when pimps and players speak and they talk about the "game" in them and being able to see it in others. Experience. Levels.

Georgepithyou

Banned
Reaction score
"Game" means different things to different people. When experienced and successful players and socialites say "game" it means the confidence, the charisma and the know how. You can see it in a person by how they move and interact. If you never knew about Michael Jordan during his prime and saw him around his peer group you would visually be able to see a special quality in him. His "game". Just like when pimps and players speak and they talk about the "game" in them and being able to see it in others. Experience. Levels.
I knew a lot of guys from pick up groups who would read every piece of material there is on gsme, attend boot camps and even approach on a regular basis but still couldn't get a date to save their life. Then there are other guys who just talk to women like normal human beings and manage to pick them up. I think Game just over complicated a lot of stuff. Most guys who learn game talk like a used car salesmen, it sounds so fake and i bet women can sense it.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I knew a lot of guys from pick up groups who would read every piece of material there is on gsme, attend boot camps and even approach on a regular basis but still couldn't get a date to save their life. Then there are other guys who just talk to women like normal human beings and manage to pick them up. I think Game just over complicated a lot of stuff. Most guys who learn game talk like a used car salesmen, it sounds so fake and i bet women can sense it.
The real gamers weren't most PUA's. They were hard core socialites and social climbers, that do what they have to do and say what they have to say.

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’ve said this before fvck game self improvement and improving your life is the way to go. While your looking up what to say to a girl that guy oblivious to game is looking to advance his career and finances. He’s hitting the gym hard and looking for ways to be more knowledgeable and capable. All this is incredibly taxing and will build TRUE rock solid confidence and character. Do you think a woman is that stupid that she’ll pass that up over some scrawny broke loser who said something clever or begged her? Stop it. Chase excellence. It’s hard but trust me. Life will reward the men tremendously with wealth, opportunity, respect, and of course women. Your life is a house. Build if day by day with solid bricks and cement. Don’t fvck this up.
Learning game does not fu*k you up. In fact, it is a very important lesson in understanding how the female mind works. You are absolutely correct that self-improvement is incredibly important. But dismissing game is not only doing a disservice to yourself in understanding the female mind but will also lessen the amount of women you get in bed.

Lordeterra

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Learning game does not fu*k you up. In fact, it is a very important lesson in understanding how the female mind works. You are absolutely correct that self-improvement is incredibly important. But dismissing game is not only doing a disservice to yourself in understanding the female mind but will also lessen the amount of women you get in bed.
Honestly after I nut from jerking off I don’t care about women anymore and focus on what’s important in life. Was obsessing over this girl that said flaked on me but
After I busted a nut I don’t care anymore

Grinderman

Banned
Reaction score
I knew a lot of guys from pick up groups who would read every piece of material there is on gsme, attend boot camps and even approach on a regular basis but still couldn't get a date to save their life
You cannot bypass socialization. If there are any dog owners out there they know what happens if the dog is not socialized well at a young age. Behavioral problems later on, compulsive and destructive behaviors. If there are any parents out there they know what happens if junior is not socialized at a young age. Behavior problems later on that will be very hard to address and put right. Anti social personality behaviors, compulsions and addictions.

I would bet that a lot of the guys you see going to these boot camps or in pick up groups (if the internet is anything to go by : a lot of nerds and socially awkward guys) have had socialization problems. perhaps too much time on studies and not enough social activities while growing up. Giving these fellas "game knowledge" or "tactics" while they lack social intelligence, calibration, social nuance produces CONTRIVED, STILTED, AWKWARD interactions.....

Most guys who learn game talk like a used car salesmen, it sounds so fake and i bet women can sense it.
Yes, it comes of in the sub-communications. They also have an agenda. The empty vacuum where socialization should have taken place is filled with mystery method tactics. It's not authentic.

They were hard core socialites and social climbers
Boom. Cannot be stated enough.

Realthangpoon

Don Juan
Reaction score
The real gamers weren't most PUA's. They were hard core socialites and social climbers, that do what they have to do and say what they have to say.
100% this. It’s common sense after all. Being sociable is a skill like anything else. To learn a skill you have to practice and get experienced at it to become better, then you’ll yield results. So if you’ve become better and you apply some ‘game’ (whatever that even means), you’ll have success.

I think the guys that really get it have been socialized from a young age, it’s in their fingertips. For others it’ll take a lot of hard work because they have catching up to do and they’re also compensating in their interactions with stuff they’ve learned on the internet (ie inauthenticity). You can do all the things they told you - get rich, smell good, buy that polo - but it still won’t work because you’re just copying and not walking your own walk.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
I think “game” to the extent it even exists* is possibly learnable; but I don’t think it is “teachable.”

You end up with some guru trying to get a guy with a totally different look/vibe/personality (and even different age/race/social status sometimes) and trying to make him copy what his guru does. It makes no sense.

Guys should just experiment and figure out what works for them.

*That’s a whole different debate.

Last edited:

PRW63

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They weren't learning REAL game,...they were learning sales tactics and manipulation tactics,...and apparently not very well, or had a bad teacher,...probably a scam teacher that took their money. Yea, the women would definitely pick up on it.

Real game is just natural social skills with an inter-gender focus. You can't teach it to someone who is socially handicapped. It's like asking a cripple to win a high jump competition. Some guys are just always going to be alone.

PRW63

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yea, that is a good description.

manfrombelow

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most rich guys are simps. It's very rare to find a rich guy with game. I don't know why that is.
Because, unlike us, they NEVER HAD TO LEARN things, especially the hard ways. (I'm talking only in the realm of "game")

The fact that we are here on SS means we have been through many ups and downs, hardship, and suffering which made us thrive to learn to improve and better ourselves, and to see the world (women, relationships, the nature of human beings included) as how it is instead of how we wish it to be. - This is likely the only kind of "luxury" that rich guys could not afford with their money.