Learn to trust your instincts.

Marlimus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I studied Shotokan Karate for several years before I quit, and one of the most valuale lessons I learnt is that eventually, training becomes instinct, and that once developed, it should be trusted.

I only recently applied this lesson to the game.
As a Don Juan, who like most Don Juans once was an AFC, I harbored a subconscious desire to compensate and atone for that period in my life when I was shy about approaching women, to the point where I was trying to bury that memory by sarging to a ridiculous extent. Anywhere, and everywhere.

A strange thing began to happen, though. Long after I conquered and laid to waste my fear of rejection, I would find that occasionally I would see a cute girl, in a situation where an approach to be feasible, but while walking up to her, alarm bells would go off in my head, and a voice would tell me to forget it. I mistakenly took this for fear on my part, and to prove to myself that I was brave, I would be all the more inspired to make the approach anyway. This only happened occasionally, and at random.

In all these instances, I crashed and burned inexplicably. My confidence was unshaken, but I decided to analyze myself, and I realized that is was not fear that cautioned me it was INSTINCT.

Have any of you guys ever experienced a 'spider sense moment'?
Where, like spiderman, you just KNOW in a split second that she wants you badly or that she wouldn't give you the time of day?

I realized that I had nothing left to prove, and did not need to approach every HB that came across my path, and that my failure had little to do with my approach. I should have simply trusted my instincts.

So that's my tip, fellas. When the 'spider sense' hits you, trust it.

My explanation of this phenomenon is that like martial arts, DJ training eventually sinks into the background of your mind, and will occasionally emerge in a flash telling you to do this or not to do that. It will feel strange, like fear, or knowing something by sheer intuition.

When that happens, go with it.

kiz

Don Juan
Reaction score
i don't really see what you have to lose by approaching though.
the last thing we need is AFC's thinking it's anything but fear of rejection or the unkown that keeps em from approaching girls.

Marlimus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You have nothing to gain either. you don't need to talk to every single beautiful woman you come across just to prove a point to yourself. That, my friend, is AFC thinking.

Panther

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it works the other way around (or both ways)

When the "alarms" go in ur head, ur state and confidence are down. So if u approach, u're gonna have bad results, cause the girl will pick up on ur insecurity and lack of confidence

ThePanther

rjaudenes

Don Juan
Reaction score
You are right Marlimus,

I had some experiences with woman, i'd burned myself because didn't watched my guts warnings.

But be carefull with the guts interpretations, sometimes a warning just mean: "Stay away from her per while" or "walk away"

That topic is very interesting because guts income by many forms like Feelings, Emotions, etc.

IMO guts is a powerfull force, you just have to use it more in order to develop it

Rafael
------------------
The world is just a mirror of your actions

illmatic20

Don Juan
Reaction score
You guys ever heard of a sub concious. Just analysis the situation. She laughing at all your jokes, making eye contact through out the whole conversation, walks with you, smiles a ton. It obvious what her intentions are, but I can't blame you guys. This comes from experience.